Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    We got a report that a scammer may have hacked into a member's accounts and then tried swindling another member. I don't want to publish the user name here yet because it is not confirmed. So even if you research a seller's itrader rating or posts please be extra cautious before sending $$. The one similarity the stories have is that the seller has some issue with their bank and asks the buyer to transfer the money in an unusual manner.

WHAT can you do to protect yourself from this shadiness? DO NOT SEND MONEY VIA WESTERN UNION. Also, if you submit your part for sale in our PARTS FOR SALE forum you can automatically have the transaction handled through our partner Panjo by enabling the "BUY IT NOW" button. They will help broker the transaction.

We've been hit by different forms of internet scumbags in the past and weathered the storm by working together and looking out for one another. You can always reach me if there is anything suspicious going down by PM or email [email protected]
    dave
    site admin
    Likes 429todd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    People suck, I know who you're talking about. They told me no PayPal and wanted money wired to their bank. Then when I was hesitant asked for a 1k$ deposit....... definitely have to use our heads, there are tons of scumbags out there looking to take advantage.
    Likes MagnumClub liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Even the suggestion that you'd like to meet in person to exchange goods / $$ will scare these guys off. So if you live in Detroit and you're dealing w someone in Texas tell them your brother lives nearby and can he come and pick up the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Extreme vetting people! Make LxForums great again (well I think we're still pretty great)!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump for visibility.

Just a quick PSA - if you haven't changed your password in awhile, probably a good time to do so given all the hoopla of late - use special characters to make it harder for people and/or algorithms to guess - e.g. use $ for s, or @ for a, or 3 for an E, or ! for a 1, etc...use a combination of upper and lower case, numbers and special characters where possible.

If you have a hard time keeping track of passwords, there are a few password storage apps available which encrypt the data being stored so it's safe when syncing with cloud instances (e.g. aWallet or aWallet Cloud) Just remember not to lose the password for the app itself because if you do, you're screwed.
    Last edited by BryGuy; 03-06-2017 at 02:36 PM.

2006 300SRT8
    SOLO Performance Mach X3 SRT exhaust / LMI V2 True CAI / Eibach Sways / StreetEdge coilovers / Trufiber hood / AMG paddles w/TRS300 wireless controller / Grant Revolution steering wheel / Arrington strut bar / BT engine bling incl. uni-strut caps / Rohana RC-10's / Kaption Audio amps, sub and speakers / Interior switch lighting by Diboblo / Instrument cluster by Black Cat Automotive and Tim Stone (TRS300) / StopTech SS brake lines
    Thanks amcochrane thanked for this post
    Likes CruzKing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks BGuy. Good advise.

PB ET 14.02 at CamaroFest 5 totally stock
    PB RT Sportsman tree .003 at Challengerfest 3, PB RT pro tree .019 at MSHS VMP 5/16
    PB 0-60 3.24 MIR Raceway Drag Radials 6/18

PB 0-60 4.40 Street Tires on the street Calabash 10/14

PB 60' 1.472 @ CF9 4/18
    PB ET 1/8 6.911 @ CF9 4/18
    PB MPH 1/8 100.17 @ Atco 11/18
    PB ET 10.857 @ CF9 4/18

PB MPH 127.29 @ Atco 11/18
    Thanks BryGuy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chaseman View Post
    I got one from edharp this morning.

Looking for SRT Wheels

Hi,

I can help you with a lead regarding your request. Please contact Davidson on [email protected]mail.com regarding your request. He is located in Florida and can arrange shipping. He is trusted.

Thanks

Immediately threw up a red flag for me.s davidson - I asked him to send me pics of the wheels and he indicated that he was just an agent and that I should contract the owner - a
    So I decided to play this out cause I had some spare time last week and contacted the email address and received a response from a Harris Davidson - I asked him to send me a pic of the wheels with today's date at which point he indicated that he was just the agent and that the wheels belonged to a Mrs. Williams Olivia.

He gave me a phone number of (224) 676-941x and I messaged the "owner" asking for pics - I received a text back saying that they had no time and that if I wanted the wheels, to send the money via bank transfer. I told the person who texted me that i thought it was a scam and left it at that. I then emailed Harris Davidson and told him I thought he was a scammer and he came back with "That's your cup of tea a$$hole. You should discuss better and stiop acting like an ANIMAL that you are. FOOL!!!" LOL

The reason for this update is because another new member is sending out PM's - user chopperjoe - this time the email address is [email protected] - so beware - or you can play it out and waste their time like I did

Please remember report any suspicious PM's - thanks to the user who reported chopperjoe.
    Last edited by BryGuy; 03-16-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the mods are able to extract anything meaningful from this info, I've been seeing/hearing increased reports about an old foe with new abilities:

XRunner: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XRumer

This serves as the bot agent to infiltrate and setup the accounts. From there human operators can step in once an unsuspecting user has interfaced with the bot. -Again, don't know if that helps at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got this yesterday

Post Thanks / Like
    The person that tried to scam me used this contact information

First Name: Diane
    Last Name: Laforme
    Address: League city, Texas
    Portal code: 77573
    Member name is cipri
    My mods Corsa Extreme catback, ported throttle body, LMI air hammer, Transformer,Diablosport 93 cai tune. Best time so far 13.74 just installed shorty headers catless mids and an underdriven pulley for 2017. Ran a 13.57 @ 102.91.with good air and crappy 60 ft
    Thanks Tikibeast, BryGuy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bumping this up again. Remember...

DON'T SEND PAYPAL FUNDS AS A GIFT!

DON'T USE WESTERN UNION!

If you remember nothing else about taking precautions when buying stuff, remember the 2 points above.

Last edited by BryGuy; 04-03-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BryGuy View Post
    Bumping this up again. Remember...

DON'T SEND PAYPAL FUNDS AS A GIFT!

DON'T USE WESTERN UNION!

If you remember nothing else about taking precautions when buying stuff, remember the 2 points above.

Hello, thanks for the warning.
    I haven't ever bought anything from this sight before. Do you buy chance no how i would go about paying for a item? Or can some tell me where to go to get this information, on a safe way of paying?

Sent from my LG-M153 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HAZRDCO View Post
    I haven't ever bought anything from this sight before. Do you buy chance no how i would go about paying for a item? Or can some tell me where to go to get this information, on a safe way of paying?

PayPal is plenty safe, just don't send the money as a gift. Pay the transaction fee for sending it as a payment so that they can cover you in the event that you are ripped off.

Galactus hungers...
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360
    Thanks HAZRDCO thanked for this post
    Likes BryGuy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HAZRDCO View Post

Paypal is fine but use services/goods. There is a %charge but its worth it for protecting both ends. Read the buyer/seller protection tho. Some things may require a signature on delivery to use a protection.
    Thanks HAZRDCO thanked for this post
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody use zelle? I like it because it goes straight from one bank to another. Instant money transfer and no fees

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Members that have helped with the swap
    Brent Hughes
    Dennis (DennisH)
    (Decepticon)
    Marcos (Prican_2000)
    Ron (SuperFrawgie1361)
    Luke (04hemipwr)
    (BrewV)
    ANDY ([email protected])
    Aaron (Tobysdad22209)
    Dan(drp6982)