Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Planning to add some Nitrous to the Scat Pack...

I've gone through 1000s of pounds of nitrous in the past, all shoved down the throat of an LS motor.
    Whether it was the LS1 or LS6 manifold, there were no real concerns with distribution or puddling when spraying a wet shot.

Now that I am thinking about doing this on my 392, this intake has me asking questions. How is the distribution? Are there puddling concerns with the moving parts?
    I have no intention of plumbing the manifold, so spraying at the throttle inlet is the route I will be going.

Looking for feedback from others who have sprayed the 6.4 with any regularity, possible issues to look out for, etc.

Thanks!
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I've gone through 1000s of pounds of nitrous in the past, all shoved down the throat of an LS motor.
    Whether it was the LS1 or LS6 manifold, there were no real concerns with distribution or puddling when spraying a wet shot.

Now that I am thinking about doing this on my 392, this intake has me asking questions. How is the distribution? Are there puddling concerns with the moving parts?
    I have no intention of plumbing the manifold, so spraying at the throttle inlet is the route I will be going.

Looking for feedback from others who have sprayed the 6.4 with any regularity, possible issues to look out for, etc.

Thanks!
    Hopefully some of the 6.4 guys reply but I have a good friend who has ran hundreds of bottles through his otherwise stock 6.4 with no issues. 75-125 wet shots after the throttle body. On the 6.4s not built, I would be hesitant to go over a 100 shot consistently though.

2013 Challenger R/T, 270 comp cam, BES p&p heads, OCPerformance dual plane, NX gemini plate, JBA longtubes, DSS one piece aluminum driveshaft, SHR transmission, 3000 stall, 88mm fastman throttle body, meizere electric water pump, 3.91 rear, lakewood drag shocks A2speed front coilovers...too much to list

Post Thanks / Like
    There's said to be distribution issues with the 6.4 manifold under boost. So depending on how far you plan on spraying, it may be an issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought about that too, but I doubt there will be a problem.

Under boost, the air is being pushed through that angle in the intake and blowing passed #1 and #2. From what I've read, those are the two cylinders that are having trouble.

Nitrous goes in under vacuum, the air is still being pulled through the angle evenly by all cylinders so it shouldn't be any different than a no nitrous set up.

I don't have a degree in aerodynamics or rocket science or any of that stuff, so this is just me letting my brain actually do something Planning to add some Nitrous to the Scat Pack...Planning to add some Nitrous to the Scat Pack...Planning to add some Nitrous to the Scat Pack...Planning to add some Nitrous to the Scat Pack...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thanks yumyum28 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the guys in my car club has been throwing a 150 shot through his scat for a couple of years now and hasn't reported any troubles at all.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Good info, so I take it that this would be the same for the 2012 300 srt8 as well?
    2012 300 SRT8 exhaust, intake, tuned, 180 thermostat, oil catch can
    2011 M37s 22's, BC coil overs, exhaust, intake, other small stuff
    2006 Land Rover (Wife's Ride) 22's
    2012 Camaro LS (wife's Ride) 22's, exhaust, intake, stereo upgrade
    2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughter's Ride)
    2004 Impala SS Supercharged (Sold)
    2004 Escalade (Wrecked) 22's DVD's
    1999 Dodge Durango (Sold)
    1996 Accord heavy Modded (Traded)
    1995 Impala SS heavy Modded (Sold) Gone but not forgotten

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know, appreciate the feedback.

I'll be using the NOS kit, as we are a Holley company and, well, I get an awesome discount on the kit

I loved my old NOS progressive controller, back with my Z28 I owned the streets thanks to that little black box, and I'm excited to play with the new Mini controller.

Any plug recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been running a 100 shot wet plate kit from nitrous outlet for a little over a year now. Have gone through atleast 15 bottles. Oem 6.4 manifold tuned by johan

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Work Hard / Play Harder
    2016 Charger Scat Pack 392
    LMI true CAI 392
    Nitrous Outlet Plate kit
    Tazer
    Diablo PCM and Trinity
    Kooks headers catless mids
    Johan Tune
    current personal best 11.021 @ 123.38 - PBIR
    Likes agoristmike, Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I seen a youtube video of yours^....? Btw your thermostat pipe looks SICKKKK
    Thanks jzeth22063 thanked for this post
    Likes jzeth22063 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    I think I seen a youtube video of yours^....? Btw your thermostat pipe looks SICKKKK
    Ya probably there are a few videos of it out there. pretty sure if u type nitrous scat pack or 392 the is a dyno video with the bottle. Yea the glass hose gets alot off attention lol

Post Thanks / Like
    you fab that up yourself?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    you fab that up yourself?
    No from a company called killer glass

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to look them up.Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzeth22063 View Post
    I have been running a 100 shot wet plate kit from nitrous outlet for a little over a year now. Have gone through atleast 15 bottles. Oem 6.4 manifold tuned by johan

Your 11.09 has me excited for my 10.99 goal
    Any idea what you run off the bottle? What size jet do you run for the 100 shot?
    What tires are you running?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    NOS finally completed the new 6.4 kit, and I have it on order. Hoping to see it here next week and have it installed at some point in the near future.
    Also have a set of 275/40 Nitto 555Rs on the way....good weather is here, time for an 11.99 on motor and 10.99 on spray

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast