Post Thanks / Like

"Newbie" From MD Check In

Good evening folks...I am excited to be on the forum. My custom ordered 2019 Charger Scat Pack will be submitted tomorrow: B5 Blue, Plus Group, Driver Confidence Group and of course, a cargo net!! This will be my first Charger AND my first Dodge product. I have had primarily Mustangs and Z cars, as well as a couple of sedans. My last two cars (Nissan Altima 3.5 SR and a Nissan Maxima SR) "spoiled" me, with regards to having a comfortable daily driver with four doors, decent gas mileage and a robust V6. So moving to a Dodge Charger Scat Pack seemed to be the logical transition: comfortable four door sedan and good daily driver: Check! Powerful, fun to drive and good body lines/shape as well: Check! I am excited to begin a new journey. Advice...commentary...stories...it is all welcome! Thanks!

AGM20

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome.. ive had 5 maximas at one point... in comparison its just a totally different car, ones kinda quiet and more eco like while the other youll hear the exhaust note far more pronounced from stock... the muscle sound is amazing... Im also from Maryland. Love to drive mine, wash it and watch it shine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AGM20 View Post
    Good evening folks...I am excited to be on the forum. My custom ordered 2019 Charger Scat Pack will be submitted tomorrow: B5 Blue, Plus Group, Driver Confidence Group and of course, a cargo net!! This will be my first Charger AND my first Dodge product. I have had primarily Mustangs and Z cars, as well as a couple of sedans. My last two cars (Nissan Altima 3.5 SR and a Nissan Maxima SR) "spoiled" me, with regards to having a comfortable daily driver with four doors, decent gas mileage and a robust V6. So moving to a Dodge Charger Scat Pack seemed to be the logical transition: comfortable four door sedan and good daily driver: Check! Powerful, fun to drive and good body lines/shape as well: Check! I am excited to begin a new journey. Advice...commentary...stories...it is all welcome! Thanks!

AGM20
    What part of MD? I'm in god awful Pasadena at the moment. Welcome and enjoy your new vehicle!

Bone Stock w/ slicks: ET: 12.206, MPH: 114.53, 60': 1.729, R/T: .020

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fumanchu182 View Post
    What part of MD? I'm in god awful Pasadena at the moment. Welcome and enjoy your new vehicle!
    Greetings Fumanchu! I am located close to you, in between Jessup and Odenton. Have you driven your car in the winter yet? How did it do in the cold and especially in the light snow? That is my only real concern with the Scat Pack: V8 rear wheel drive power and driving in poor road conditions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AGM20 View Post
    Greetings Fumanchu! I am located close to you, in between Jessup and Odenton. Have you driven your car in the winter yet? How did it do in the cold and especially in the light snow? That is my only real concern with the Scat Pack: V8 rear wheel drive power and driving in poor road conditions.
    I dont drive it in the winter, around November she goes into slumber till about March. I don’t like the drivers, weather and roads during those months. "Newbie" From MD Check In

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from NH!

My wife drives her '16 Scat Charger all year round and with good snow tires, winter is no problem at all. Her preferred snow tires is the Hekkapalitta R2 by Nokian Tires. No fun whatsoever as they have lots of grip, however, they are a little pricey.
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWagon View Post
    Welcome from NH!

My wife drives her '16 Scat Charger all year round and with good snow tires, winter is no problem at all. Her preferred snow tires is the Hekkapalitta R2 by Nokian Tires. No fun whatsoever as they have lots of grip, however, they are a little pricey.
    ChuckWagon,

Thanks for the information...much appreciated. The SC will be my only car, thus it will be my everyday driver. I am hoping that MD doesn't receive a lot of snow this winter; however, since last winter was pretty mild, as far as snow frequency and accumulation are concerned, it might be. I will have to look up Hekkapalitta R2 by Nokian Tires...sounds like they might be exactly what is required for safe winter weather driving.
    Likes ChuckWagon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have my final numbers from the dealer and he submitted my order this evening:

MSRP: $44,910
    Dealer Discount: $3790
    Rebate: $4850
    2016 Nissan Maxima SR Trade-In Allowance: $18,200
    2016 Nissan Maxima SR Trade Pay-Off: $18,500
    Final Price: $38,614.20

When the car arrives, I will (if the rebate is still available from Dodge) be eligible to have an additional $500 subtracted from the final price for Dodge's Military Appreciation Program. And if Chrysler's current 1.90% APR for 60 months is still available when the car arrives, I may be eligible for another small rebate ($500-$700) for using Chrysler financing. In any event, $38,614.20 in my opinion isn't too bad of a deal; it is, however, a very lightly optioned SC:

2019 Dodge Scat Pack Charger
    Triple Nickel Silver (I vacillated between B5 Blue and Triple Nickel)
    Base 20" X 9" "Black Noise" Wheels
    245/45ZR20 All Season Performance Tires
    Scat Pack Logo Nappa/Alcantara Seat (Black Interior Color)
    Cargo Net
    Plus Group
    Driver Confidence Group

My hope is that the car arrives in less than eight weeks...time will tell!
    Last edited by AGM20; 09-12-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you active DoD at Meade?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fumanchu182 View Post
    Are you active DoD at Meade?

Funmanchu182,

Yes I am.