Thread: New from SOMD

Post Thanks / Like

New from SOMD

Ladies and Gentleman I want to thank you all for allowing me to join your group. I'm the new owner of a 2019 Indigo Blue Scat Pack Charger. It's my first Charger and I'm truly in love.

Any way I'm looking for any and all advice on everything from Mods, wheels/tires and even paint care. I'm happy with it as is when it comes to performance so I'm not looking to do headers or an exhaust system, but if there are any must do Mods I'll consider anything once.

Thanks for your tips in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings Neighbor!

Quote Originally Posted by 2019indigoblue View Post
    Ladies and Gentleman I want to thank you all for allowing me to join your group. I'm the new owner of a 2019 Indigo Blue Scat Pack Charger. It's my first Charger and I'm truly in love.

Any way I'm looking for any and all advice on everything from Mods, wheels/tires and even paint care. I'm happy with it as is when it comes to performance so I'm not looking to do headers or an exhaust system, but if there are any must do Mods I'll consider anything once.

Thanks for your tips in advance
    Indigo,

Greetings neighbor! I am in MD as well. My custom order for a 2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack will be submitted tomorrow. B5 Blue, Plus Group, Driver Confidence Group and of course, the obligatory cargo net! The dealer said ordered Chargers usually take about eight weeks but, he has seen them arrive in as little as four weeks...fingers crossed! This is my first Charger as well...and like you...I am excited!

AGM20

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AGM20 View Post
    Indigo,

Greetings neighbor! I am in MD as well. My custom order for a 2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack will be submitted tomorrow. B5 Blue, Plus Group, Driver Confidence Group and of course, the obligatory cargo net! The dealer said ordered Chargers usually take about eight weeks but, he has seen them arrive in as little as four weeks...fingers crossed! This is my first Charger as well...and like you...I am excited!

AGM20
    I didn't even know they were still taking orders on the 2019s. Which dealer did you go to? I hope you got a good deal out the door. Cargo net is a must btw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Indigo,

I was surprised that 2019's were still being built; I would really prefer a 2020 for depreciation reasons but, they aren't being built by Dodge yet. I went to Ourisman in Bowie. And I think I got a good deal: $44,979 MSRP and $38,700 final price "Out-The-Door" and "On-The-ROad." Perhaps not the best deal ever but, not too bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks like a damn good deal to me. I went to Ourisman in Alexandria. The VA dealerships always seem to have the better deals and are willing to haggle a bit even if they are still winning. I hear the Dodge dealership in Tysons is the #1 Scat Pack dealer in the country, unfortunately I found this out today. Doesn't matter to me though I think I paid $36K "Out-The-Door" and "Back-In-SOMD".

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks like a damn good deal to me. I went to Ourisman in Alexandria. The VA dealerships always seem to have the better deals and are willing to haggle a bit even if they are still winning. I hear the Dodge dealership in Tysons is the #1 Scat Pack dealer in the country, unfortunately I found this out today. Doesn't matter to me though I think I paid $36K "Out-The-Door" and "Back-In-SOMD".
    Indigo,

That is a "Smoking Deal!" What options does your car have? I negotiated a deal with Koons Dodge in Vienna, VA (Tyson's Corner) and one with the Preston Auto Group in Hurlock, MD. The Preston Auto Group was $400 better, primarily due to the Koons ridiculous $799 Dealer Documentation and Processing Fee. I took the lowest price (the one from the Preston Auto Group) to Ourisman in Bowie and they matched the price, so I ordered from them. I was trying to get to $38K...that is at/around 85% of the MSRP, which is usually considered a very good final "Out-The-Door" and "On-The-Road" price. My final price of $38,700 is 86% of the MSRP...so, not too bad. I have "heard" of negotiated deals at 80% of the MSRP as a final price but, I have never able to negotiate a car's final price to 80%.
    Last edited by AGM20; 09-10-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a base Scat Pack with the sunroof. I think my price before tax and tags and other dealer BS was $32K. My issue was/is this is the third new car I've bought in 2 years (I know, its a long story). But this one here is a keeper.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a base Scat Pack with the sunroof. I think my price before tax and tags and other dealer BS was $32K. My issue was/is this is the third new car I've bought in 2 years (I know, its a long story). But this one here is a keeper.
    Indigo,

That is a good deal...congratulations on negotiating such a good deal! If I could have found a B5 Blue or Triple Nickel (silver) in the base with the Driver's Confidence Group for blind spot/rear cross path detection, no sunroof and the upgraded headlights, I would have bought a base without any issues. Since I, nor the dealer, could find such a car (the issue was the sun roof...it is difficult to find Chargers without a sunroof), I decided to "splurge" and add the Plus Group for its plethora of features...and I really like the Alcantara/leather seats. If I could have found the color(s)/options I wanted in a base for 36K as a final price, I would have purchased it in a heart beat though...36K is a "SMOKING DEAL: for a new 2019 Charger Scat Pack.