Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone im new to the website and owning a mopar

Hi everyone. My name is Shane and I am new to the site and new to owning or driving mopars. I had a 66 dodge a100 split window van with a 327 Chevy years ago.

I have been wanting a magnum wagon since 2004 when I saw a reproduction car at the LA Autoshow a year before they came out.

I had been looking for a 2.7 magnum to do a Chevy 5.3 LS swap and just got a good deal on a red 2005 rt needing the motor replaced with low mileage to me (138k) as my daily is an 03 suburban with 579k miles and going strong.

I have 2 bookshelves full of magnum wagon toys and now finally have my first real one. .Now as I am now very financially strapped will have to get a used motor and swap it out in the near future.

Im not sure how to post pics of her but I already love my car and no other car besides 3rd gen camaros have made me drool .
    Last edited by Shaggy-Shane; 04-17-2019 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Auto correct changed word that I had typed

Post Thanks / Like
    save your money and put in a stroker motor. way more power a fun.
    2007 SILVER CHARGER SRT: OBX LONG TUBES, NO CATS, MAGNAFLOW MUFFLERS, SRT MAX CAM, BFNY PORTED 6.1 HEADS, LMI TRUE CAI, 3200 ENHANCED TRANSMISSION CONVERTER, 3.55 GETRAG/UPGRADED CLUTCHES, 180* T-STAT, ATI FLEXPLATE, EUROCHARGED TCM, PORTED INTAKE AT TB, 90MM BBK TB, DIABLOTOONA TUNED.

2007 BB CHARGER R/T- 400ci stroker, big cam, hellcat rear cradle conversion with 3.09zf diff, to much to list.........oh yeah, procharger d1sc at 15#.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Phoenix! The Maggie is certainly a great looking platform to have some fun with! Keep us posted on your progress.
    2012 300 SRT8: 22" Vossen wheels, Nitto 420 265/35/22 front and 295/30/22 rear, SLP Bigmouth II exhaust, Tuned by Hemifever, Mishimoto 180° stat, Legmaker Tru CAI, Billet tech Oil Catch can.

I am silently correcting you're gramar and speling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slated4Greatness View Post
    Welcome from Phoenix! The Maggie is certainly a great looking platform to have some fun with! Keep us posted on your progress.
    Thank you. I absolutely love the looks of the car she's rwd and with a v8 and she's almost as big as my 3 suburbans she's surround by is another plus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the info and suggestion. I am hoping to keep her stock as I can under the hood. Im getting a 2006 magnum next month with no motor that had a 2.7 to build up a little since she was already molested, but that car will have a Chevy LS 5.3

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from NH!

Why a Chevy motor in a Mopar? A built 5.7 or 392 or 426 will be much more enjoyable...and Mopar lol.
    But, your car is your car and ultimately it's what you want to do that matters. Have fun modding and keep us posted how it all goes.
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.
    Likes pursuitlx liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWagon View Post
    Welcome from NH!

Why a Chevy motor in a Mopar? A built 5.7 or 392 or 426 will be much more enjoyable...and Mopar lol.
    But, your car is your car and ultimately it's what you want to do that matters. Have fun modding and keep us posted how it all goes.
    Thank you. I don't necessarily have to go Chevy powered but I love my awesome 5.3 LS motors in my suburbans. I have been worried as I see so many magnums 300s and chargers blown up with less than 100k miles including hemi powered ones.

I LOVE my car and since she is made by dodge I will be more than happy keeping her all Mopar.

I would love to build a quick magnum later on down the road. I love the looks of the sexy magnums soo much and upset that they kept the 300s and chargers but not the wagons . I am also very fond of the newer chargers (like 2012 -up) I see everywhere here in cali as well as the 300s from 2006 to i think 2008 .

I am a fan of big rear wheel drive cars suburbans and old school vans like my 60s Chevy van and soo happy they still make the awesome chargers and 300s as I know not everyone likes or wants to drive a small fwd lawn mower .

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard. Best LX site on the net in the universe!
    http://www.odmp.org

Quote Originally Posted by RT NOMAD View Post
    Green speaks with much insight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy-Shane View Post
    Thank you. I don't necessarily have to go Chevy powered but I love my awesome 5.3 LS motors in my suburbans. I have been worried as I see so many magnums 300s and chargers blown up with less than 100k miles including hemi powered ones.

I LOVE my car and since she is made by dodge I will be more than happy keeping her all Mopar.

I would love to build a quick magnum later on down the road. I love the looks of the sexy magnums soo much and upset that they kept the 300s and chargers but not the wagons . I am also very fond of the newer chargers (like 2012 -up) I see everywhere here in cali as well as the 300s from 2006 to i think 2008 .

I am a fan of big rear wheel drive cars suburbans and old school vans like my 60s Chevy van and soo happy they still make the awesome chargers and 300s as I know not everyone likes or wants to drive a small fwd lawn mower .
    That's cool. My 426 @ 13:1 compression, running on 93 octane pump gas, now has 140,000 miles on it and for the first 5 year I owned it, I beat the ever loving snot out of it.
    If you do your research and can afford to put the right parts into the engine, rebuild it and you'll get years of fun and more smiles per mile than you ever thought possible.

There are a lot of good vendors on here and are very helpful with offering advice as well as proven parts. Best of luck and have fun with your Magnum.

fwiw...I went from an 05 AWD SXT Magnum to the car I have now...but I really miss the look and character of the Magnum...just not the 250 horsepower lol....I'm up about 350 above that now and I am close friends with my local tire shop

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Manalishi View Post
    Welcome aboard. Best LX site on the net in the universe!
    Thank you. In happy to be on a site that everyone seems to like and know about the awesome rwd magnum charger 300s as well as challengers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWagon View Post
    That's cool. My 426 @ 13:1 compression, running on 93 octane pump gas, now has 140,000 miles on it and for the first 5 year I owned it, I beat the ever loving snot out of it.
    If you do your research and can afford to put the right parts into the engine, rebuild it and you'll get years of fun and more smiles per mile than you ever thought possible.

There are a lot of good vendors on here and are very helpful with offering advice as well as proven parts. Best of luck and have fun with your Magnum.

fwiw...I went from an 05 AWD SXT Magnum to the car I have now...but I really miss the look and character of the Magnum...just not the 250 horsepower lol....I'm up about 350 above that now and I am close friends with my local tire shop
    That sounds awesome. I also almost bought a black sxt magnum with rims as I fell in love with the looks more than anything and I had and still prefer a black wagon but will be happy i ended up finding a factory v8 car to start with but I think I am going to get a cheap black 3.5 magnum to drive for now just to cruise on the weekends.

Thank you for the info, I need to check through the threads on here for info and help as well as parts. I'm sure I won't have too much problems getting used to working on a hemi even though I've always worked on Chevy mainly
    Likes ChuckWagon liked this post