Post Thanks / Like

First ever 300 and FCA

Picked up a 300S V8 RWD about a year ago and it has become my favorite vehicle of all time. And I've had many, over 30 cars and trucks since the 80's. Mostly GM, probably over 95%. Almost all GM platforms, and all model GM trucks since 80's. To me, they always had the best engines/drivetrain avail., and that's my #1, always has been. But something changed over at GM around '07. Keep in mind that I had all GM engines, 5.7, 454, 6.0, 8.1 big block, 5.3, 6.2, 4sp, 6sp, etc... My Sierra Denali 6.2-6sp, was supposed to be awesome, but they handcuffed it, with the worst shifting programming I ever witnessed. IMO, it was because of CAFE, and they had to short shift the thing to get mpg. Everyone complained, adn they came out with 2 shifting updates to make it a little better, but it still sucked. At least I could drive it. So, coolaid drinker that I am, got same truck in a '11 and it was better. So I bought another one, hahha, a '14, and wow, much better. Actually shifted like I wanted.

Then I guess FCA changed to the 8sp around 15 for the cars, not sure on the trucks, and I was in need of a large sedan for cruising interstate 4-6 hours. I had a Caddy ATS 2.0T stick and man was that car fun, BUT it ended up being way to small for long drives, so I went looking. I remember I drove a 300 5.7 5sp and I didn't like it. So I went to get a CT6, and GM does what they always do, "you want the top engine (3.oTT), you have to get the top trim" at over 70K. And NO RWD-only option. No dice. I do not like AWD (old roadracer). So I was driving by the Chrysler dealer and said what the hell. The 300 looked great, so maybe they fixed it's drivability. All the dealer had was V6's, so I walked. The dealer called me back and said I could drive their CFO's V8 rwd. One drive and I was hooked. AND they let me order what I wanted!!! (gm won't), 300S, looks great in S trim, and I was able to order up all the C stuff, wow! And delete the sunroof which i never use.

This car is awesome. And a bonus at $42-44K. Even my wife, who's favorite old car was the Chevy Impalla SS ('95), said wow this is awesome. The sport button is a game changer. Something GM would never do (but they are just starting to).

Now to be fair, the MDS sucks bad, groans/vibrates the car, and the lack of a posi option is not smart. I don't care that the platform is old. Don't care about mpg, etc... Car is great. So much so, that my wife may take it over, and I'll go get the Charger Scat Pack, just to get the posi. I hope FCA keeps these going forever, but we all know that they won't, because CAFE will force them too. So stupid, we all know. But those that don't know, CAFE is not a mpg thing, it's competition limiting regs to avoid asia from selling older tech cars to us for half the price.

Even Auto-X'd my boat 300. Fun, fun. Obviously, AutoX is all about weight and tires, and the 300 with the crap stocker all-seasons was not good. But I still took mid pack of 15 beginners in the big boat. hahahaha......Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
    Likes 2005rtmag liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard, beautiful 300!
    Sales and Support | Speedlogix, Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Chris, welcome aboard. Great looking 300.
    Paul
    16 Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Good looking car! Welcome aboard!

Post Thanks / Like
    If MDS vibrates the car, it is not working correctly. I have had two 300C's with MDS and with both you could not tell when MDS was engaged or not. definitely, no vibration or groaning.

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    I will have it checked out. I assumed it was normal since my brothers truck did it to, and his Charger. Thx

Post Thanks / Like
    300's are awesome, I may be biased.
    2012 300 SRT8: 22" Vossen wheels, Nitto 420 265/35/22 front and 295/30/22 rear, SLP Bigmouth II exhaust, Tuned by Hemifever, Mishimoto 180° stat, Legmaker Tru CAI, Billet tech Oil Catch can.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are so impressed with the v8-8sp that my wife just bought a grand cherokee v8