Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty cool.. . . .

2pm – test lane opens for those eliminated from from MSHS competition
    15 Grand Cherokee SRT: Staying Stock!!!

05 Magnum RT:
    5.7 Personal Best: Heads, Cam and Spray - 11.46 w 1.59 60'

6.1 Personal Best: Forged, Novi 1500 and Spray - 10.405 1.566 60' @ 129.69
    7.4 Personal Best: Aluminum 449 - 10.736 ET , 1.589 60', 125.05 MPH NA
    7.0 Personal Best: Iron 426 - Whipple 2.9 - 10.5 @ 132 1.6x 60' . . just getting started

Post Thanks / Like
    One week until we #sendit Are you ready for the Hemituner Performance ATCO Modern Street HEMI Shootout ? Get signed up now for epic prep, legit payouts and negative DA! All event schedule information available at hemirace.com

2018 HEMITuner Performance MSHS @ ATCO | Modern Street HEMI Shootout

Likes 610 Scat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a reminder for the folks traveling home North on Sunday 11/4. Avoid NYC like the plague as the NYC Marathon will cause a traffic nightmare. Verrazzano Bridge will be closed most of the day as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    10/30 Update:

I know I've been ducking all the questions about what the plan is and its for obvious reasons: too early to worry about it. So here is where we are at.

Friday rental is still a go but looks iffy at best. It is what it is and wont be decided til that day so plan on showing up first thing Friday until you hear otherwise.

Friday is the big drop off day, please bring your cars and trailers etc... to ATCO Friday regardless of your participation in the rental or its status. Get teched and checked in for Saturday in the process.

Friday after the rental or 430pm or so is the VanDrake Racing Welcome party at the ATCO bar and grill located on the track premises!!! Be there. We have arranged bus transportation back to the hotel afterwards with return trips Saturday morning so you dont have to drive!

Friday night after the party, we have reservations at the Library Steakhouse next door to the host hotel. 930pm

Saturday morning we go to the track via bus from hotel with 2 pickup times, this will save you time and not have to wait in line at the gate.

Saturday looks solid. If we are unable to complete our program due to uncontrollable circumstances ( see what I did there ), we will finish up Sunday at ATCO. It will be busy but we will get it in.

Please dont worry, just come and you will have a blast!

Post Thanks / Like
    Update 11/1:

Fridays rental is cancelled.

*Friday please come to ATCO to tech in and setup for Saturdays race. Also can allow you to save your spot in the pits.

*Friday at 5pm at the ATCO track bar and grill is the VanDrake Welcome Party, be there.

*Saturdays race is still a go and we will finish up on Sunday if we have to. All signs are looking solid

*See you soon and safe travels.

Post Thanks / Like

All fixed from vmp. Ready to kick soon Ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for coming out folks, what a day!!! ATCO is always a good one thats for sure. See you in the spring.

Couple missing names from new drivers, if you know them or its you, please let me know.

http://hemirace.com/standings/2018-atco-results/

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Dan, great day as always.... But we need several TNT opportunities as many are trying to fix/update tunes. ONE qualify for a class really sucks. ( Yeah r**n caused much of the problems but this group is getting bigger every race).
    Need to change that for next season.
    For example if someone drives 10 hours to get there and only gets to run down the track 2 qualifying runs and 2 class "one and done" runs... ....4 runs are not worth the drive.

A two day event would be good, day one-tnt all AM then bracket race qualify and elimin's , then TNT rest of day. Another benefit would be able to cool down between bracket and a day later index.
    day two AM TnT then all the index classes.

That would also give us time if there were r**n issues.
    Last edited by CruzKing; 11-05-2018 at 08:32 AM.

PB ET 14.02 at CamaroFest 5 totally stock
    PB RT Sportsman tree .003 at Challengerfest 3, PB RT pro tree .019 at MSHS VMP 5/16
    PB 0-60 3.24 MIR Raceway Drag Radials 6/18

PB 0-60 4.40 Street Tires on the street Calabash 10/14

PB 60' 1.472 @ CF9 4/18
    PB ET 1/8 6.911 @ CF9 4/18
    PB MPH 1/8 100.17 @ Atco 11/18
    PB ET 10.857 @ CF9 4/18

PB MPH 127.29 @ Atco 11/18
    Likes My Hemi, UpInSmoke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByU View Post
    Thanks for coming out folks, what a day!!! ATCO is always a good one thats for sure. See you in the spring.

Couple missing names from new drivers, if you know them or its you, please let me know.

http://hemirace.com/standings/2018-atco-results/
    #834 is me. Steve Benecke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Another great year in the books! Thanks again to Dan, Stell and the rest of the team/sponsors that keep this crazy event going! I think the car count at ATCO was over 120!

Big thumbs up to Dylan that came in fourth in the rookie class. His dad Steve is an old school member/friend here and many of us have watched his son Dylan grow as he has always hung out with dad at the track. It's really cool to see him out there mixing it up now.

My two cents for next year's rules - I've seen this mentioned on the event facebook page and I agree. Too many classes for a one day event. Time to consider having the Hellcat/Demon class participants pick one of the index or heads up classes.

If it gets a lot of pushback a compromise may be to look at the prepaid tickets before events. If prepaid tickets are above a certain amount, we cut certain classes out for the greater good.

It will allow for more cushion when we have weather/spill delays and help ensure there is enough time for time trials.
    Last edited by bklynmag; 11-05-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    As usual a GREAT event !! A HUGE THANK YOU to all of the sponsors that keep this series a float ! Dan , Stell and everyone else behind the scenes that keeps all the info and work numerous hours to ensure the awesome time at all of the events THANK YOU !
    My Stellie for the Hellcat class is great . Stell you do an awesome job !!!! Its an honor to have one !!
    As far as breaking up the Hellcat / Demon class to speed up events ; Considering you're talking about a total of 8 to 10 cars COMBINED at most events ; I don't see it speeding much up . Either way I'm going to the Pro class in 2019 just because I've worn my brakes out staying over the 10.0 dial . Nice problem to have .lol The car just kept picking up speed as the year moved along with Zero changes other than spark plugs .
    As far as more TNT to work out bugs......GET your stuff right BEFORE you come to an event !!! This series has grown to a point you need to have your dodo right to compete any way . These events are to RACE not TEST …...just sayin !!
    my .02

Best ET KB & N02 - 9.800 Best ET KB Only - 9.91
    1st 6.1 in the 9's "Jack the Snake"

Post Thanks / Like
    Class car count via tech cards could be another way to look at it. I've been to track events (non MSHS) where if below a certain car count they collapse into another comparable class.

You are not kidding about having to have your stuff in order at these events. I can barely get to the track outside these events and I spend more time under the hood/car/looking at data than enjoying everything going on. Hell, I got towed back to the pits yesterday when my belt let go during a pass. Got lucky as on the return road the belt remnants ripped open my lower radiator hose and the water pump shot out all the coolant causing a hell of a smoke show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12