Post Thanks / Like

Dodge Charger Sales Climb as Other Large Cars Slump

Dodge Charger Sales Climb as Other Large Cars Slump-2020_dodge_charger_srt_hellcat_widebody_1200-jpg

Dodge Charger sales are up 9% during the first half of 2019 while the key competitors from Ford and Chevy are selling at a much lower rate than last year. Torque News Dodge reporter Patrick Rall reports.

The odds are good that if you pay much attention to the American automotive industry, you have heard all of the talk about the growing popularity of sport utility vehicles leading to the demise of cars in general, but the Dodge Charger continues to buck those trends. Through the first half of 2019, the full-sized, rear-drive sedan is up 9% while the key competitors in the large sedan segment are down compared to a year ago. In fact, if you look at the sales figures of all three American automakers, there are a few cars that have shown positive growth through 2019, but when it comes to larger cars, only the Dodge Charger is having a good year.

Dodge Charger Sales in June
    June 2019 was the final month where FCA will report monthly sales, as starting in July, they are switching to the same quarterly reporting system that General Motors began using last year and that Ford started using at the beginning of 2019. In June 2019, Dodge sold 9,034 examples of the Charger, making it the bestselling large sedan in the US market, but more importantly, the four-door muscle car posted growth of 36% compared to June 2018. Mind you, this comes at a time when consumers are being told that no one wants cars – especially big cars – rather than an SUV.

Critics might question whether this sales growth by the Charger comes due to a lack of a popular, large SUV in the Dodge showroom, but that isn’t the case. In June, FCA sold 5,538 examples of the Dodge Durango, which is a 4% improvement over the same month last year.

Post Thanks / Like
    While I think its great Dodge is having such success with the Charger and Challenger, and stuffing the Hellcat in virtually anything, I really feel like the 300 is totally neglected. I still think a Magnum-type 300 would be a huge hit and much better performance-type variant that the Trackhawk. Buick sales of the TourX are way above expectations but that car will never appeal to performance/sport oriented crowd. I just attended the Carlisle Chrysler Nats last month and the contingent of Magnums attending was very strong.
    Dodge Charger Sales Climb as Other Large Cars Slump-img_3738-jpg

Give me a sporty car to handle the curves, the occasional drink to calm my nerves, and a woman that loves me more than I deserve - Unknown

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Dodge. They just keep making what people want. Fun, interesting and mostly affordable cars. Other automaker are determined to tell you what you want, dodge just keeps making what you actually do want.
    | www.AdWhois.com |
    Epic Dodge 100th Anniversary Commercial
    ... ... ...
    '18 Charger Scat Pack - Billet Silver | '15 Challenger RT Plus - Granite (Sold) | '13 Charger RT Plus - Pitch Black (Sold) | '12 Ford Focus Titanium - Silver (Sold) | '03 Mitsu Montero - Somekinda Blue (Sold)

Post Thanks / Like
    The magnum ran it's course... adding a version if it to the 300 sounds like a GM move.... making a car with no demand... nah.

Post Thanks / Like
    How many 4 dr cars are on the market made by the big 3? Look at what is on the dealer lots... 75% or more are 6 bangers.
    Now look at other OEM's that have 4 doors. You want a European money pit or rice burner 4 hole'r?
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site

Post Thanks / Like
    Participating Chrysler Dealership's in Canada are discounting all 2019 Chargers by $15 per horsepower until the end of December.