Post Thanks / Like

2019 Dodge Charger Changes Detailed

2019 Dodge Charger Changes Detailed-dg019_006chjhcgabc10_zxohi-jpg

Over the course of the past week, the 2019 Dodge Challenger has been the hottest ticket in the automotive industry thanks in part of the introduction of the 797-horsepower Hellcat Redeye package. Reference: 2019 Dodge Charger Changes Detailed.

The Challenger also gets a new widebody variant of the R/T Scat Pack along with a little more power from the non-Redeye Hellcat, but literally none of those new model year changes from the coupe are included in the sedan lineup for the 2019 model year – but Dodge has made some small steps to attract more buyers to the world’s fastest four-door.

Lineup Changes
    First up, the trim level lineup for the Dodge Charger has changed significantly for 2019. In the 2018 model year, you could order the GT package with standard all-wheel-drive or you could get the SXT, R/T, Daytona, Scat Pack, Daytona 392, SRT 392 or SRT Hellcat with rear-drive. For 2019, the GT is now a rear-wheel-drive package only, and there is now an SXT all-wheel-drive package. The Daytona trim level is now a package for the R/T or the Scat Pack (although it appears as though the content is the same) and the SRT 392 is gone altogether.

It seems that all models will be offered in the following colors: B5 Blue, Destroyer Grey, F8 Green, Go Mango, Granite Crystal, IndiGo Blue, Maximum Steel, Octane Red, Pitch Black, Plum Crazy, TorRed, Triple Nickel and White Knuckle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the Charger version of the SP offer the $995 adaptive suspension package you can get with the 19 challenger, which allows it on SP now if you already select the dynamics package. (Lucky how Challenger SP even get more bang for the buck with the wide body that throws in the adaptive suspension along with the larger brembos,, 20x11 wheels, fenders, hellcat front end)

Is the SRT performance pages and drive modes now standard on the Charger SP like the 19 Challenger?
    Last edited by lxpursuit; 07-04-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    No Redeye... No interest!
    My 2015 still looks good. If FCA wants my money, they had better up the ante.
    Terry

2005 Magnum RT load runner 2.6: Inertia Motorsports 419 Stroker, Predator Tune: 475rwhp & 465rwtq, Crower Cam, Kook's Headers, 3 inch "Custom" Exhaust, Tunable Induction Intake, NAG1-HTC Tranny, 3.55 Gears, 600hp DSS Half-Shafts, TrueFiber Challenger Hood, Enkei Wheels 18"x9", MT 28.00" / 12.00" x 18" radials on rear, Paneled Rear Side Windows, GoManGo Front Seats, Eibach Springs/Dampers, Wilwood Calipers, Rear Wiper Removed, Billet Technology enhancments.
    2017 Go Mango Challenger T/A
    1999 Plymouth Prowler (yellow) Prowler Pro #11
    2015 Charger Hellcat #0771
    Thanks Izcuacho thanked for this post
    Likes ChuckWagon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok looks like Ill be waiting until 2019 to update my front fascia.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the Scat Pack Charger now gets Bee on trunk instead of R/T, But a little disappointing that the SP did not get the new fender badge as the challenger? the new merged bee/392 logo... From spy shots of the 19 Charger SP, it still gets the old 392 Hemi logo.

And SP does not even get the hellcat hood at all.... Challenger and Durango get lucky.

BTW. Anyone notice the new brass monkeys? they look like stock SXT wheels. not sure if they really will look like the ones in the photos going around.
    Last edited by lxpursuit; 07-05-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The adaptive suspension should be available either with or without Dynamics, it's $995 in Challenger so probably the same.

On the Brass Monkeys, I think they look terrible, not sure what they were thinking here.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be cool if we could bring in our SP and get the adaptive suspension added at the dealers. I'd do it without question.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2017 Pitch Black Charger Scat Pack 392
    20% tint, Billet Technologies Matte Black Catch Can, LED interior lighting, ZL1 Rock Guards, K&N drop in filter, MaxBeam Smoked LED side markers

Post Thanks / Like
    Well too bad the adaptive suspension requires another package to add it (dynamics) per the 2019 challenger order guide. Similar to how Mustang buyers are complaining that the new magneride option cannot be added on a base Mustang, you have to get the Performance level 1 package to add Magneride on top of it.

ADAPTIVE DAMPING SUSPENSION $995
    M/H ACN

Must have ACN ACN = DYNAMICS PACKAGE

Well would be a bonus if the Charger allows it without ACN, so Charger owners can at least get some break, since Challenger gets all the goodies.
    Last edited by lxpursuit; 07-05-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    but Dodge has made some small steps to attract more buyers to the world’s fastest four-door.
    Doesn't look like they tried very hard at all. Maybe the 2020 version will be the BIG Changes.. That's my guess. I wouldn't be surprised if many companies had special 2020 edition cars.
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler w/ wickerbill, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted Tail-lights & Side Markers, Tinted Windows, XM-315 20x10 & 20x12, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, NVX 6x9's, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Hellwig 32/20mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page