Post Thanks / Like

Is This Green Challenger Parked In The Right Place?

I saw this green-cologed Dodge Challenger parked here. Note that the parking lot lines are also in green color. Is this parking place for an electric car or green-colored car? Reference from Torque News.

My first impression is that this parking space is for electric cars. They are also known as "green cars" because some of them have zero emissions. If you would like to know more about it, please check out this story, written by a former Torque News reporter David Herron, titled "Are electric or hybrid cars a green marketing myth, or a real solution?"

Some people who saw this picture say, the people who own or are responsible for the parking lot, need to be more specific. Others say this green Dodge Challenger gets a pass. Yet others say the driver well played and and no one can argue with him.

Also, note that there is no charging provided.

If there is no charging provided in one of these spaces, I see no real point to designating it for "Green" or hybrid or electric vehicles anyway. I mean, I get that it's somebody's attempt to show they support electric cars like Nissan Leaf, Chevy Bolt or Tesla Model S. But all in all, I would rather just make parking spots available as first come first served for maximum efficiency of use of them. Handicapped folks already get claim to the most "prime" spots near entrances.

I saw this topic also discussed in a Tesla Model S owners group on Facebook and Tesla owners say they love it. "I needed a laugh this morning. Thank you," wrote one Model S owner.

What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images Is This Green Challenger Parked In The Right Place?-green-dodge-challenger-jpg 
    Last edited by MagnumClub; 06-08-2018 at 02:54 PM.
    Likes MopaR/T, Vanquished liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Id prefer a MOPAR parking only sign... but well played by this guy. well played...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing makes a Greenie's blood boil faster than seeing a SRT parked in "their" space.

I love it.
    Likes MikuhlBrian, Vanquished liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We have spots for electric cars And spots for LEVs/Hybrids. I park my scat pack in the LEV spot if there are ever any openings. My Scat is a low emission vehicle, entirely relative term.
    | www.AdWhois.com |
    Epic Dodge 100th Anniversary Commercial
    ... ... ...
    '18 Charger Scat Pack - Billet Silver | '15 Challenger RT Plus - Granite (Sold) | '13 Charger RT Plus - Pitch Black (Sold) | '12 Ford Focus Titanium - Silver (Sold) | '03 Mitsu Montero - Somekinda Blue (Sold)
    Likes MopaR/T liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Love it! Well played
    20% window tint Custom Wrap Corsa Extreme Cat-Back exhaust Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 275/40r20
    Likes Vanquished liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the establishment has zero enforcement ability with these signs, so you might as well park a purple car there. However, if that Challenger was mine - I wouldn't park there. Photo-op, yes, but I wouldn't stay there.

You can pretty much guarantee that tree-hugger would key your car if you stayed in that spot.
    Click this link to see Photobucket images again!

Follow White Ops R/T on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White Ops R/T View Post
    Well, the establishment has zero enforcement ability with these signs, so you might as well park a purple car there. However, if that Challenger was mine - I wouldn't park there. Photo-op, yes, but I wouldn't stay there.

You can pretty much guarantee that tree-hugger would key your car if you stayed in that spot.
    The other side might say "will be towed at owners expense" at which case they absolutely could enforce it. The LEV/Hybrid spots at my work are ambiguous but the electric only spots are not. Company sent a memo saying they would be towing non-electric cars that park there. I have yet to see them do it but it's private property and they are able to enforce it as they wish. In this case however, there isn't only one definition of green so I think there is nothing legally they could do to kick out the green car since that car is indeed green, lol.

I understand making spots with electric ports exclusive (since they serve a purpose for the econuts) but these "reserved for eco-bitches" spots really piss me off. Why the hell do they deserve preferential treatment, it's discrimination.

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny story kinda related to this very thing...

I owned a Dodge diesel powered 3/4 ton truck and parked it in the "Fuel Efficient Vehicle Only" parking space at work once. A couple of "better dressed" folks walked by as I was getting out of the truck and commented, "Hey, that isn't fuel efficient!" To which I looked back at my Dodge and replied, "Well, blame the Cummins engineers for that."

To comedy in that you ask?

I work for Cummins and am not in engineering, but at work, those that dress better than me, are usually engineering..! The SAME ones that SHOULD have engineered Fuel Efficiency into said diesel.

2013 Charger R/T
    Road & Track Package
    Bone stock... for now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Surprised Cummins would even have Fuel Efficient parking. Did they forget what they make & sell?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MopaR/T View Post
    Funny story kinda related to this very thing...

I owned a Dodge diesel powered 3/4 ton truck and parked it in the "Fuel Efficient Vehicle Only" parking space at work once. A couple of "better dressed" folks walked by as I was getting out of the truck and commented, "Hey, that isn't fuel efficient!" To which I looked back at my Dodge and replied, "Well, blame the Cummins engineers for that."

To comedy in that you ask?

I work for Cummins and am not in engineering, but at work, those that dress better than me, are usually engineering..! The SAME ones that SHOULD have engineered Fuel Efficiency into said diesel.

Is Cummins less fuel efficient than other brands? Or are modern Cummins more fuel efficient than older generations? If so, it would be considered fuel efficient. It's a relative term, lol.

Obviously a Prius will get better gas mileage but as long as the cummins gets better gas mileage than something else performing a comparable task, it's efficiently using fuel.

Post Thanks / Like

I park in the green spots all the time eco mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Vanquished liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquished View Post
    Is Cummins less fuel efficient than other brands? Or are modern Cummins more fuel efficient than older generations? If so, it would be considered fuel efficient. It's a relative term, lol.

Obviously a Prius will get better gas mileage but as long as the cummins gets better gas mileage than something else performing a comparable task, it's efficiently using fuel.
    LoL! To both replies!

Fuel economy was never a concern. I mean, that was about a 7200+ lb 4x4 truck riding on 35” tires... it could get around 640 miles per tank, with a 34 gallon tank, for roughly 18.8 mpg.

Now while that doesn’t sound impressive, that’s what I would average, empty or hauling. Once I put the 35’s on her, she could at least run about 118 mph! So, maybe not a speed demon nor fuel efficient, she was impressive.

Not as much fun to me as the Chargers I’ve had since the truck, tho.

And as for economy versus a Prius? I don’t think a Prius would go the 140mph my Charger will do... not would a Prius go the 640 miles per tank the truck did. And BOTH those are much nicer than a hybrid!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White Ops R/T View Post
    Surprised Cummins would even have Fuel Efficient parking. Did they forget what they make & sell?
    It was just a designated spot to cater to one FEV owner. Never enforced. Just pointing out how comical it can be to flip the proverbial bird at those that want these spaces.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just made my day.

inTune 91 CAI, 180 stat, BB 6dB reso delete,Tranzformer, MDS indicator, ESP/BAS switch. Wire mesh grille, smoked and flashing side markers, 9005 2400k 65W fogs, rear fogs, debadged and demolded, 245/45/20 and 295/40/20 Continental DW's on 9"/10" F/R Viper Replicas, BCR Coilovers, Drake strut brace. Interior accent LED 's. 55/35 tint, BT catch can. LED interior lighting. BT bling, front parking sensors. Rear seat heaters. Color matched tails "MoPar" puddle lights. Custom front lip.
    MyGig 730N, Pyle 9.2" screen, iPod, front and rear cams.