Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Plasti Dipped my whole car!

My car was recently in a hail storm and my plan was to take the payout from my insurance company and get a legit matte black paint job...unfortunately the payout wasnt as much as expected. So i bit the bullet and just plasti dipped the whole 300 with the pro kit from www.dipyourcar.com im pretty happy with the results from my diy 400$ paint job! What do you think?

My first time painting a whole car!

2008 300 Touring - SRT8 Front end conversion,300c rear bumper,dynomax dual exhaust,OEM srt8 wheels, plasti dipped the whole car matte black!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty nice for your first time!!!! How long did it take you?????? I am impressed!
    2005 BRIGHT SILVER METALLIC MAGNUM R/T. MODS TO DATE:LMI CARBON FIBER HAMMER BLUE FILTER A LA CHRIS,BILLET TECH SATIN CATCH CAN. BLUE HOSES UNDER HOOD,DANKO LIP SPOILER FLAT BLACK,RED R/T ON GRILL AND REAR HATCH.BLACK BUMPER INSERTS AND BLACK SIDE MOULDING. VINYL DECALS MATTE BLACK HOOD STRIPES,TRUE SRT8 UPPER AND LOWER GRILL A LA DENNIS!!!!! RIP MAGNUM on 4/5/13. New ride 2015 challenger Srt392. All black emblems,hellcat airbox. 4/30/15

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen some half-ass jobs with people dipping their whole car, but your look legit, good job bro!
    *NYLX*
    The Crew
    Detailing Needs Located At :
    Detailed Image

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. From that angle it looks great
    2006 Magnum R/T
    *2 Original Flowmaster 40 mufflers w/ Blastin' Bobs 300x4 9db resonator delete kit.
    *Blue AAC Bling Ring headlight kit w/eyelids
    *Blue LED interior lights
    *DiabloSport Oil Catch Can

*Wings West rear spoiler
    *22" Bazo 502 rims
    *Mopar CAI
    *Diablo Predator w/91 octane CAI tune
    *Drake Billet Strut Tower Brace
    *Eibach Pro-Kit

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks mean as hell!

2006 300C, Corsa Extreme exhaust, K&N CAI, Diablosport Predator with custom tune.
    300.2 hp/340 TQ (Mustang Dyno) 311hp/360 TQ (Dynojet Dyno)

Post Thanks / Like
    like it! more pictures though to see it better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys! It turned out better then i thought it would to be honest, the only issue is some texture where i filled some of the hail damage...I plan on redoing those repairs when i redo it in matte white next spring! A lot of people have asked me to paint there cars already lol

Took me 3 hours total. 30 mins to clean it, 2 hours to paint it, 30 mins to peel off the dip from the windows and lights!

More pics to come as i take them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ericperrier View Post
    I've seen some half-ass jobs with people dipping their whole car, but your look legit, good job bro!
    The half ass jobs your speaking of are probably those that use rattle cans of plasti dip to do there whole car....never a good idea...i used a spray gun and bought gallons of pre-thinned plasti dip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Loving the look I was thinking of wrapping my car but now i'm all over the dipyourcar forums learning. Thinking of maybe going with the matte black first since my car is already murdered out and I just painted my headlight housings black. Then the might white once I get tired of it then I will take the lights apart again and do them in white. Your car looks great can't wait to see a few more pics.
    2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8 SOLD
    2007 Chrysler 300 SRT8 SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ For the price of vinyl wrapping you could dip your car like 4 or 5 times lol Now that i have the spray gun i think i will be dipping every 6 months lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Does this have the same texture that the one in the cans have? From the picture it actually looks like a paint job more then a 'dip' job. Does it easily rub off? What about washing the car?
    Last edited by GotMe-N-R/T; 08-20-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    CURRENT MODS: AFE II Intake-PWR Heads and Cam-SLP Long Tubes-SLP UD Pulley-Borla 125s-Eagle Intake-NGK V Power Plugs-Moder Muscle Throttle Body-Mopower Chin Spoiler -BT Oil Catch Can-Innovate Wideband-Eibach Dampers-Hotchkis Sway Bars and Lowering Springs-SRT 8 Gears, Mopar TCM-Edge Racing Converter-TransZformer Shift Kit-Lows/Fogs HIDs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa300 View Post
    My car was recently in a hail storm and my plan was to take the payout from my insurance company and get a legit matte black paint job...unfortunately the payout wasnt as much as expected. So i bit the bullet and just plasti dipped the whole 300 with the pro kit from www.dipyourcar.com im pretty happy with the results from my diy 400$ paint job! What do you think?

My first time painting a whole car!

for the price,very impressive

13.04 @ 110.81 *with a 2.03 60' (need better tires)
    2009 Challenger SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great. I was waiting for someone to do this. How easily can/will it peel from the paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! Please keep us posted on how it holds up.
    Eibach Pro-kit springs and sway bars, Koni dampeners, BWoody front sway links, K&N Intake, Predator tune by Stu, 180 T-stat, BT park lock replacement and catch can, Pedders tension strut bushings & bump-steer kit, Blastin' Bob's 4db resonator kit, Inertia Super Spartan cam,6.1 springs & pushrods,JBA shorties, 6.1 pulley, '08 Charger 18's with Yokohama YK580's 235/55/18 front, 255/5518 rear, R1 Concepts premium front rotors, PosiQuiet pads, B&M trans dipstick, Mercedes trans pan,

Post Thanks / Like
    It has a life span of 3 years if you take care of it. Washing it is easier then a gloss finish! Little bit of soap, pressure wash, and dry with a shamwow, takes me 10 min to get dried rain drops off my car and costs me nothing There is no texture when you use a spray gun to paint with plasti dip vs the rattle cans! It peels quite easily, im not sure about how it will peel after it sits on the car for a year, but i will find out! When i painted it i didnt tape anything off, i just painted over everything and peeled what i wanted exposed (windows and lights). Each window peeled off in one peace and made a perfect line where the window stops, it didnt keep peeling! Its getting a lot of attention...lil more then expected...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread