Post Thanks / Like

harness bar installed...

i can't afford a roll cage for a while so it gets the job done. they don't make a direct fit harness bar for our cars so i went out on a limb and ordered a universal bar. had to notch the carpet and the bottom of the B pillar plus get longer grade 8 bolts for the top seat belt bolts. install looks real clean. I'm happy with it.

2006 black /SRT//8/
    Autocross videos - (((((SRT8 Charger autocross lap.))))) (((((Edited movie.))))) (((((Helmet cam lap.)))))

Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you pick up the bar? Looks real clean!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto. Looks kinda cool too. When you say notch the bottom of the B pillar, do you mean cutting a notch in the plastic? I love the look of the harness. Witch one is it and where did u get everything?

2008 Charger SRT8 W/Flowmaster Super 44's No Resonators, / Diablo Predator 93 CAI & Detailed CMR Tunes / Moroso Polished coolant & Power Steering Tank w/ braided lines / Red Billet Tech Caps / Jet 180 Tstat / SRT MAX Cam, Indy Heads, Ported Intake / 85mm Ported Modern Muscle Throttle Body / Air Hammer CAI / Billet Tech Custom SRT Pistol Grip Shifter / Numerous Interior trim accessory upgrades

1st Base Line DYNO - @ 364 RWHP / 359 RWTQ
    Last DYNO - @ 455+ RWHP / 421 RWTQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon3sgte View Post
    Where did you pick up the bar? Looks real clean!!
    the harness bar is a ebay special. i didn't know if it would fit so i didn't get an expensive one. i just measured around 49 inches between top seat belt bolts and got one around that width. it worked out great. 140 or so on ebay... this is the one i got --> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Seat-...#ht_3984wt_939

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KILLSHOT View Post
    Ditto. Looks kinda cool too. When you say notch the bottom of the B pillar, do you mean cutting a notch in the plastic? I love the look of the harness. Witch one is it and where did u get everything?
    yes i did have to notch the bottom plastic on the b pillar and the carpet. you would really have to look for it to notice i did it. its not in a place you really see. the bottom rod end bolts in on the bottom bolt for the factory seat belt assembly. the top seat belts bracket has to get longer grade 8 bolts with a couple grade 8 washers. one washer on the bolt before you put it into the bracket and 2 washers between the harness bar and the pillar to space it off the pillar.

here is a close up picture of where it comes out of the carpet/pillar... you can see in the second pic of the fist post how you really can't see the notches in the b-pillar plastic unless you really get down and look close.

the harnesses are black corbeau cam lock 3 inch 5 point harnesses, with 3 inch corbeau harness pads. they aren't cheap but cam lock is great since one turn quick releases all belts and the belts just snap in when putting them on. the ones i have were like 150 each.

Amazon.com: Corbeau 3 Inch Harness Belt 5 Point Camlock Black Bolt-In Fits Jeep Seats By Corbeau # 53001B: Automotive
    Last edited by Jontoad; 06-13-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    couple more pics. sorry i keep taking them at night. and apparently i need to clean my factory seat belt hangers. lol.

passenger harness installed. (that's a door prop rod in the back seat pocket, forgot that was in there when i took the pic...)

waiting on the harness pads for the passenger harness, ordered them a couple days ago.

Last edited by Jontoad; 06-13-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think the one you bought will fit an 08 Challenger SRT?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doghemi View Post
    Do you think the one you bought will fit an 08 Challenger SRT?
    i would think it should. i think it uses the same geometry and parts for the factory seat belt mounting locations. i don't think you would be able to get into your back seat at all after putting it in though. lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    cleaned up the excess harness belts a little...

Last edited by Jontoad; 06-14-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    How did you mount the front harness in front of the seat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grim300c View Post
    How did you mount the front harness in front of the seat?
    doesn't look like hes using the 5th belt.. just using it as a 4 point..

Share This Thread