Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember to bleed the air out of the system if you do that. Leave the reservoir cap off, turn the wheels full lock to full lock several times and check the fluid level while doing so, add as needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any bleeding that needs to be done after this procedure? I unhooked the lines under the rack and let them drain, then refilled, ran the car turning the wheels stop to stop a few times. Then while driving later on and during left turns I get a vibration noise/feel? and now just wondering if there is trapped air.
    05' Magnum R/T HEMI Registry #889 CAI, JBA Ceramic shorties-CATless, MTCM, Predator , MDS, ESP, 3.06 Getrag swap, HALOS
    Aus liebe zum Automobile "Out of Love for the Automobile"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CURLY View Post
    Is there any bleeding that needs to be done after this procedure? I unhooked the lines under the rack and let them drain, then refilled, ran the car turning the wheels stop to stop a few times. Then while driving later on and during left turns I get a vibration noise/feel? and now just wondering if there is trapped air.
    yes, the system needs to be bled. to do this, you need to put the reservoir under a vacuum for a few minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    But , won't the bubbles rise to the top over nite? It is better today, only heard that noise this morning

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkychkn View Post
    yes, the system needs to be bled. to do this, you need to put the reservoir under a vacuum for a few minutes.
    WTF? How the hell am I supposed to get this thing in my engine bay?
    2005 AWD Magnum RT. FRI Econo Heads & FRI Sidewinder, JBA Shorties, JBA/HHP hi-flow catted mids, stock SRT8 cat-back, C&L CAI. [email protected] - RETIRED
    2015 Chrysler 300S - Daily Driver
    Likes Johnsand liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lollolololo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    WTF? How the hell am I supposed to get this thing in my engine bay?
    try one of these:

Post Thanks / Like
    OK,
    somewhere I've read that there may be some sort of little metal filter that collects rubber particles or am I smoking crack?

I'll be using the method the OP used this weekend.

While I do have some whine at full lock I don't think steering is still when cold in Chicagoland I'm at 100K and I'd like to get this done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 94cruiser View Post
    OK,
    somewhere I've read that there may be some sort of little metal filter that collects rubber particles or am I smoking crack?

While I do have some whine at full lock I don't think steering is still when cold in Chicagoland I'm at 100K and I'd like to get this done.
    It's in the reservoir where you fill it. Little plastic(?) strainer.

2006 SRT 300C CAI - Corsa Sport - Hurst - Predator - BT Catch Can - Updated SRT bumper - LEDs
    2005 R/T Magnum K&N intake - Bilstein B6 with SRT springs - Mopar Corsa Sport - Predator -
    BT Badges - Speedlogix Catch Can - LEDs
    Quote Originally Posted by fatchance
    You take a four-door sedan and make it a rocket ship.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is an old thread, however I'm using it as the basis for my PS system work, and I wanted to respond to a couple of the points raised.

Quote Originally Posted by stevesrt8 View Post
    next time you change your oil just pull the hoses off the rack and let the system drain into the used oil pan.

Then reconnect and refill.

A lot easier.
    This only results in a very small percentage of the PS fluid being drained.

Quote Originally Posted by 94cruiser View Post
    OK,

The filter is integral to the PS fluid reservoir and cannot be removed. I cleaned mine by blasting it with brake cleaner, then letting it dry overnight.
    Last edited by Rez; 11-27-2013 at 06:23 PM.

'18 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody M6
    '06 Dodge Magnum SRT8
    '02 Lexus LX470
    '01 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4 (LSX 383 stroker, heads/cam/intake/exhaust, built by me)

Post Thanks / Like
    deleted for double post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering if anyone has put an inline powersteering filter on their car? I know wix makes a universal one. Good or bad idea? Opinion?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm considering draining the reservoir, taking the inlet and return lines off of the reservoir and attaching a barbed coupling to both lines extending the return line to a bucket to catch the old fluid, extending the intake line into a large jug of fresh power steering fluid. I'd have to prime that intake hose with fresh fluid so that there isn't air in it. I'd use some vinyl tubing on the barbed nipple couplings to extend them to the outlet and intake lines.

I could start the engine to have the fluid start pumping. I was also thinking of just moving the steering wheel back and forth with the engine off thinking it might still move the fluid through more slowly and controllable.

I do have a hand/pneumatic operated vacuum pump that I could attach to the return line to pull the fluid out while the inlet pulls fresh fluid in. Is there any danger with pulling a small vacuum on the outlet line without the pump running? Damage to seals or something?
    Did the radiator cap mod: SRT8 is here....
    The Hemi says, "VROOOM!" Hemi Registry #00420

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread