Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Going on year 17 as an Original Magnum owner, how many of us are still around?

Aloha, I remember ordering my '05 Magnum RT sight unseen in August 2004 and taking delivery in October 2004. I stumbled upon this forum then and have learned a ton about the car over the years. While I still own it and drive it occasionally, it is still is one of my all-time favorite cars and gets waxed every other month or so. Pushing 66,000 miles now, and in need of some TLC, I came back to this forum today after a long time absence to search for information on replacing the tailgate seal. But coming back to the forum brought back many memories of chats and friendships made over the years. So I just thought I would ask and see how many of the original owners are still on this forum. Please chime in and say hello. Hope everyone is well.
    Magnum PI - Hilo, Hawaii
    05 Black Magic Magnum RT, Bilsteins, Chrome ASA GT5s w/ Toyo Proxes4 255/45 x 20, Frankentake III, Yakima racks for paddle boards; 2020 BMW X-5 M Package, Landshark bike
    Likes sugar-tj, MagnumFan7, lmllopez, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Still here, still contributing and still enjoy my sport (station) wagon :^)

maholo
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought my 05RT Magnum in July of 2006 as a "new" leftover. It had 1400 miles on it. I bought it as a new car in Birmingham, AL where I was working at the time and drove it home to NC to register it. For whatever reason, the dealer titled the car after I bought it in the dealership name and mailed the title to me instead of the usual origination documents. So, officially I'm the second owner. It has 116,000 pleasure packed miles on it.
    Likes Magnum PI liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought and still have my '05 magnum RT (paint code PEL). I bought it off the lot in July 2004 and found LX Forums shortly thereafter.

It saw very few months as a daily driver.

Last edited by RT NOMAD; 06-09-2021 at 10:30 PM.
    Terry

2005 Magnum RT load runner 2.6: Inertia Motorsports 419 Stroker, Predator Tune: 475rwhp & 465rwtq, Crower Cam, Kook's Headers, 3 inch "Custom" Exhaust, Tunable Induction Intake, NAG1-HTC Tranny, 3.55 Gears, 600hp DSS Half-Shafts, TrueFiber Challenger Hood, Enkei Wheels 18"x9", MT 28.00" / 12.00" x 18" radials on rear, Paneled Rear Side Windows, GoManGo Front Seats, Eibach Springs/Dampers, Wilwood Calipers, Rear Wiper Removed, Billet Technology enhancments.
    2019 Octane Red Charger GT
    1999 Plymouth Prowler (yellow) Prowler Pro #11
    2020 Charger Scat Pack Widebody
    Likes 07RT, Magnum PI, 2005rtmag liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought mine new in 2007, still driving it daily and enjoying it. Welcome back!
    Eibach Pro-kit springs and sway bars, Koni dampeners, K&N Intake, Predator tune by Stu, 180 T-stat, BT park lock replacement, catch can, and dipstick handle Pedders tension strut bushings & rack mount bushings, Blastin' Bob's 4db resonator kit, Inertia Super Spartan cam, JBA shorties, 6.1 pulley, matte black FR73 20x9.5"rims with BFG Sport Comp-2 275/40/20, R1 Concepts premium front & rear rotors,,B&M trans dipstick, Mercedes trans pan, Energy Suspension diff and subframe bushings, 3.06 Getrag

Post Thanks / Like

Cool 2005 rt

I bought my '05 RT as a leftover model in the fall of '06. Found the exact combination of options we wanted when the dealer searched inventory from other dealers in the Pacific NW. When we got it, it had a bit over 200 miles on it, pretty much exactly the distance to drive it from another dealership down in OR to where we got it here in WA plus a test drive or two. We figure it was the "showroom car" from the other dealer and it never sold and wasn't test driven much. It served as the daily driver for our family from the time we bought it until the summer of 2019, giving us 187,000 very enjoyable miles all over the western US - from Montana to CA, it was our go to car for anything we drove to, and a favorite car for friends to borrow when they needed something practical but fun. It finally met its match when it got a bit too hot on vacation in Vegas while cruising the strip at 102F outside temps and suffered the dreaded valve seat drop issue in two cylinders. It now sits next to my garage, patiently awaiting me to get off my butt and drop a 6.4 into it and turn it into one of my "just for fun" cars. :-) The wife liked the Magnum so much that when it came time to replace it, we found an '05 300C local for a good price and that is now her daily driver/family car. Once I get the Magnum back up and running with a 6.4, I'm planning to rebuild the original 5.7 out of the Magnum into something a bit more fun (but not too outrageous) and then drop that into her 300 so I can have some more fun when I need to drive it.

2005 Dodge Magnum R/T - 5.7L/Auto
    2005 Chrysler 300C - 5.7L/Auto
    Likes 07RT, 2005rtmag, Magnum PI liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought my 2008 Magnum R/T AWD in December of 2008. There wasn't many to choose from. They found what I wanted in Wisconsin. They went and got is so it had about 400 miles on it when we got it. Just short of 140,000 miles now. Lots of changes, the most notable is a Charger front end, and black factory interior with 300 door panels and Charger SXT seats. Still smile whenever it starts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought my 06 R/T new and just passed 30K miles. I've spent more time upgrading it than driving it. This forum has been very helpful. Most of the miles were SoCalLX meet and greets.
    Adaptive Craving Control-by Hal9000 modification strictly prohibited
    FI IV.5, Solo cat backs, 180 thermo, Catch Can, DS tuner, 383 Stroker/SRT heads,headers and mids,, Tranny cooler with fan control, built tranny/flex plate/4K conv,09 Chally rear with Quaife posi. Pedders Track II, coil overs, Hodgkiss sways, BWoody links, 20" Jacks N Five with Nitto Invo's, Custom brakes by TCE. Bling by BT.
    Just a grocery getter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for the good vibes. Something about the Magnum that still makes me smile whenever I drive it. I think it is because I grew up in the backseat of a station wagon and learned to drive in a station wagon. Something about its practicality for the family, and hauling everything under the sun. Now when they announced the return of the wagon with a Hemi, well, I had to have it and immediately sold my '97 BMW M3 to get it. It has never failed me. Although the stalling due to the gas tank problem was pretty close. It's nice that when you drive it you never see yourself coming and going. Nice to hear from you guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back! I joined in '05 and am happy to still have my Magnum. I catch up here often and contribute when I can.
    2008 Magnum SRT8
    2017 Ridgeline RTL-E
    Magnum: "The practical muscle car."
    Likes 07RT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RT NOMAD View Post
    I bought and still have my '05 magnum RT (paint code PEL). I bought it off the lot in July 2004 and found LX Forums shortly thereafter.

It saw very few months as a daily driver.

Love the "Load Runner"!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum PI View Post
    Thanks guys for the good vibes. Something about the Magnum that still makes me smile whenever I drive it. I think it is because I grew up in the backseat of a station wagon and learned to drive in a station wagon. Something about its practicality for the family, and hauling everything under the sun. Now when they announced the return of the wagon with a Hemi, well, I had to have it and immediately sold my '97 BMW M3 to get it. It has never failed me. Although the stalling due to the gas tank problem was pretty close. It's nice that when you drive it you never see yourself coming and going. Nice to hear from you guys.
    Yeah, I spent the first several years of my life sliding around in the back of a '60 Falcon station wagon long before carseats. I had a a dual quad 383 back in the day and thought hemis were unattainable. When a chopped top muscle wagon (without fake wood on the sides!!!!) with hemi, IRS, and 4 wheel disc came out , I was sold. Magnum is a big beast, but is fun to drive and hauls a lot! She's a keeper!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Still here, still contributing and still enjoy my sport (station) wagon :^)

maholo

Mahalo. And still happy to be here too!

Post Thanks / Like
    ‘59 Ranch Wagon and then a ‘62 Falcon wagon for me. When the Falcon died, we got a 68 Fairlane 500 wagon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back in the 70's I bought a used 74 Ford full size "ranch" wagon with the 400 cu in engine. That was one of the nicest vehicles I've ever owned. It had about 40k miles on it when I bought it and the previous owner said he got a best of 11mpg. I recurved the distributor centrifugal advance so that it had about 33 degrees of advance including the static setting when revved up and hooked the vacuum advance to manifold vacuum so that when cruising at light throttle it had 40 or 50 degrees advance. Afterwards I got 16 mpg on the highway and the engine put out more horses. The manufacturers retarded the timing back then to make the engines last longer with their crappy cast iron rings and also to reduce emissions. 74 was the last year before catalytic converters for most cars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast