Post Thanks / Like

2006 msrt jump post cap/cover

I can find the curved charger caps all day but the straight caps for the magnum are unicorns it appears

Anyone have any leads? Its the red cap passenger side on the jump posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone recommended a newer part, 68188999AA, but according to this post it doesn't fit right...just FYI:
    2006 Jumpstart Post Cover?
    2020 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah thats the curved version mopar part #68188999AA

Really I just want the cap so its red and not pinkish and also that post should be covered just in case

Parts are starting to get thin. I'm building mine back cosmetically before we get into the engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have one on there, a brief 400 grit sanding and spray paint will suffice a part that resides behind the wheel well cover

If you mean the one in the engine bay, same thing. Neither gets that hot or exposed to a beating.
    Likes snobrdrdan, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^

Given they are integral to the FCM assembly, to get the color (non-oxidized) you would need to locate a new assembly.

As Ultimagic5 suggests; if you still have the cap, paint it, call it a day. Or get creative, make your own...

Note: because the cap depends on a live hinge the utilizes the plastic the unit is extruded from, ultimately its going to fail (wrong type of plastic for a live hinge). YOu can make a new hinge using GOOP. Its an awesome adhesive that will work as a hinge for some time - maybe forever if you're not constantly opening / closing it...

Last edited by Hemissary; 04-09-2021 at 08:18 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    ​Great find; thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    ^^^

Given they are integral to the FCM assembly, to get the color (non-oxidized) you would need to locate a new assembly.

As Ultimagic5 suggests; if you still have the cap, paint it, call it a day. Or get creative, make your own...
    Need the 3d printer people to get to work! Lol

Hey are your covers all hydro dipped and clear coated over? I wrapped mine with 3m di-noc but its a much more matte appearance compared to yours.

Looking like I'm gonna be painting and or dipping soon cuz these don't exist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spandy View Post
    Need the 3d printer people to get to work! Lol

Hey are your covers all hydro dipped and clear coated over? I wrapped mine with 3m di-noc but its a much more matte appearance compared to yours.

Looking like I'm gonna be painting and or dipping soon cuz these don't exist.
    Yes, they are.