Post Thanks / Like

Boston speaker replacement (OEM equivalent )

Trying to replace all of mine with factory equivalent

- center dash not installed normally, but would be the same speaker as the other tweeters?
    -front tweeters are 3" round @2ohm?
    -front door are 6x9 2ohm subwoofer only?
    -rear are 6x9 2 ohm 3 way?

These are just guessing. Does anyone know the details?
    After the rain comes the rainbow, sorry I killed your son... Kylo Ren

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't think there is a center speaker on the boston acoustics system (at least not on my 05) but if you want an OE upgrade kenwood makes a drop in solution for the 300/charger and there for the magnum. They actually add a tweeter to the system which is a worth while upgrade since the dash is just a 3" midrange.

Kenwood Excelon KFC-XP6903C Excelon Series 6"x9" component speaker system for select Chrysler and Toyota vehicles at Crutchfield

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    But even those are 4 ohm. I'm pretty sure this system was built for 2 ohm speakers. That's what I'm trying to figure out before accidentally down grading

Post Thanks / Like
    Kickers from a similar year SRT Charger pop right in, just did this to an 05 Magnum. Fronts, rears and amp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the kicker upgrade system can still be found new on eBay. If you are just going to replace speakers the kicker package would be the way to go.

Likes snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironranger88 View Post
    But even those are 4 ohm. I'm pretty sure this system was built for 2 ohm speakers. That's what I'm trying to figure out before accidentally down grading
    You may loose some output but they would till be an upgrade with the tweeter and to be honest they are going to have better specs then the OEM, remember making the best speakers wasn't a priority when it comes to final vehicle cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Even that upgrade Kicker kit is 4 ohm. So I guess I have to conclude that They all were 4 ohm. Who knows.

NEXT QUESTION! Are there RCA low audio output cables on the back of the stock radio? OR how do I put an aftermarket Sub amp properly from the stock radio? (Assuming that I could just hook into the front door outputs, but I wanna be sure before tearing into it.

THANKS

Post Thanks / Like
    There are not rca outs on the factory hu. You need to get a LOC (Line Output Converter) and tap a full range output at the output side of the factory amp.

Honestly I'd say it would be easier to just do a full after market system and bypass all the factory equipment and replace the speakers but that's jus me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Easier? Maybe.. but not right. I've got the one with nav and HDD etc. And I would hate loosing all of that. I really hate loosing the OEM

Post Thanks / Like
    You could replace it with a DD hu with android auto/car play they would do better then the factory but again all depends on your skill and confidence level. I would just get either the kicker or kenwood speakers.