Post Thanks / Like

Best Aftermarket Headlights n Tailights ?

I tried a search but most threads on this subject were a decade or more old, not really on the cutting edge.

I'm wanting to buy a set of ultra high quality black headlights and tailights for my '07 SRT but don't know squat about headlights or which brands are good so figured I'd look here for some guidance.

From what I know(think) unless I'm outdated is that projectors are the way to go?, I also want lights that have halos.

Feel free to post pics of your cool lights!
    '72 318 auto Demon - death by power pole '77
    '72 340 4sp. Demon - sold :(

current - '07 MSRT 27k mi. stock.....so far

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought black housing Depo brand aftermarket OEM replicas and then put it 4 morimoto projectors. It rocks big time. Probably done need 4, two would be fine. Ur I wanted the high beams as well. I got the bmw style housings with the the halos.
    Can't find a pic on the phone bc I have several thousand pics to sort through.
    Brian

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Thanks antonn thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Brian but I'm kinda old and would have to hire someone to put it together so I'm looking for something completely finished from the factory with halos/projectors already installed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Antonn, let me check with some of my vendors. I have an auto accessories business and I'll see what they have plug and play for you.
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the best option out there for plug and play. I sell these to my body shop customers bc we never have moisture issues and they'll take care of any issues if there are any. Typically you'll want to upgrade the bulb for greater output but there are some safety concerns depending on how hot the bulbs get and the available space within the headlights. I can reach out to my sales rep if you'd be interested in getting this setup. I can ha e it drop shipped as well to you I think. Will have to check on that as well. I'd be glad to help you out.
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, thanks Brian What brand are those?

I plan on spending some time this weekend doing research and comparing different brands for quality and looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are many many configurations available. carID is a great place to start because they carry pretty well all brands. Over the years Spec D, Spyder and Oracle have been OK quality-wise...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 11-19-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Hal'sMag, antonn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    There are many many configurations available....
    Yeah, I have some learnin to do this weekend before I buy

Thanks for the CARID heads up, that'll make it a lot easier comparing them

Post Thanks / Like
    Antonn they are Anzo brand, I've been dealing with them and the other major players for the past 17 years and I can tell you I've had problems with leaks\moistuee in all the other brands. They also have a 1 year warranty where the others are shorter. Some of the other brands actually copy Anzo's stuff. My buddy has some Spyder ones and they're ok. The light projection wasn't as good. As the OEM ones in his tacoma but they look cool and that's really the crux of the matter. Anzoz are better quality but you may like the styling of the other ones. Get what you like and then for sure black silicone the lense\housing area and get some air breathers from morimoto to keep the moisture buildup in check. Then get the best LED bulbs from headlight revolution.com. At the least you'll want to get some LEDs that the housing\stem is adjustable so that you can rotate the LEDs to hit off the reflectors the best. Keep in mind that our cars use separate low and high bulbs and with the aftermarket headlights the low beam may be the projector but the high beam might be old school reflector. Best thing is to call them after you get your lights to get the best and safest bang for your buck.
    Let me know if you need any help.
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Just so you know...
    The stock housings with good led bulbs work excellent with very good cutoff lines, Are bright as hell and nobody flashes you.
    Thanks antonn thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you find the new ones you want and care to sell your originals, I'd be interested in buying them if in really good shape.
    'Cuda SRT8

My Mopars:
    '69 'Cuda FB with MP Hellcrate, a TKO600 and S60 Dana
    '15 Jeep Grand Chickeree in Maximum Steel
    '19 Challenger Hellcat
    RED EYE in B5 Blue (797h.p.)
    '19 Ram 1500 4x4 Hydro Edition (5.7 Hemi)
    "Three Hemis; no waiting"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda SRT8 View Post
    If you find the new ones you want and care to sell your originals, I'd be interested in buying them if in really good shape.
    If you send me a pic of your '69 Cuda I will give them to you.

They're in fine structural shape but plastic glass is clouded and feels rough, maybe pitted

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been told that different years have different OEM reflectors in the housings and the 2006 headlight is good with LED.
    Anybody know this to be true?
    Net is where I be......Nathan is me
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Inferno Red (Just a blur to most folks) with All Factory Options / Groups, SRT8 Mats, Side moldings/rear ram's head shaved
    Billet Technology all over + valve covers and coil covers, KillerGlass Pipe, LMI FIV CAI, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow 3" exhaust
    MPR Motorsports built 6.1 based/392 NA Stroker, BBK 85mm TB, TranZformer, Kooks Long Tubes, 3.70 LSD Hellcat rear cradle
    BCR coilovers with Hotchkis sways and Nitto 245/45/20F - 295/40/20R NT555-G2 paws

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm thinking about looking at the dot coms mentioned above and just buy something new. They are for the front facia of a Charger facia / grille that I have (with push bar) that I'm making into a wall hanging for my garage wall. I will paint it Midnight Blue like the police car fleet I use to manage. It will have full flashing LEDs and "wig wag" headlights on it. Thinking about rigging a siren / speaker into it with a resister to mute it a bit. Should be a cool conversation piece. I'm retired now, but that Police gig was the best and most meaningful job I ever had. I miss "the guys" quite a bit and some stop by my home when the garage door is open. They'll get a kick outa my wall hanging.

The pics I have of the Cuda are primered body; Hellcrate engine on a stand, upside down with the front suspension cradle bolted to it and IHI blower up on the bench. Dana 60 w/Baer brakes on a dolly under another bench; Tremec TKO under another bench. It's chaos in the garage for a while till my house reno is finished at end of the year. I will be finally getting back on my Cuda in January. Remind me in February for a picture and I'll get you some pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, I think I'll save these stock lights

I just love them old Cudas, nice project ya got going