Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may not be 14, but you sound like you are, especially for someone new here.
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Back on topic, OP what was the most immediate and satisfying difference being in Texas as opposed to Cali? Lifestyle wise, I mean. I love CA but I do occasionally run into situations, particularly with car modding, that I wish I didn’t have to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    You may not be 14, but you sound like you are, especially for someone new here.
    The feeling is mutual...sir
    I’ve been to Texas several times and have some friends there. Dallas was cool, Texas Motor Speedway was fun. Houston was nice and Galveston had a lovely beachfront. Attended a family wedding in Killeen where the brisket was great.
    I also have family in California and I’m the first to admit cars are highly regulated there but that has never stopped the SoCal car scene.
    In all of that, basically never once ran into the insulting type calling someone “libtard” I’m 14? Thin skinned?
    Go eat your crayons.
    Back to OP, have a great time in Texas!
    Lots to see and do there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Hemissary liked this post
    Dislikes Jay Z disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Front and rear bumper mod

Quote Originally Posted by Jbyron View Post
    Back on topic, OP what was the most immediate and satisfying difference being in Texas as opposed to Cali? Lifestyle wise, I mean. I love CA but I do occasionally run into situations, particularly with car modding, that I wish I didn’t have to deal with.
    I’m glad that my legmaker won’t fail state inspection here, and that I can throw whatever parts at her that I want to without having to find CARB approved ones. CA restricted me MASSIVELY on what I could do when I had to rebuild due to dropped valve seats. Had I been in Texas when that happened, I’d most likely be rocking a stroked Hemi right now instead of stock internals.

CA is probably the most beautiful state I’ve ever been in, but just doesn’t jive with my personal vibe. I like the freedom to do as I choose, as long as I’m not harming society Front and rear bumper mod

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m personally glad I don’t live in the northern part of VA, at least where I’m at emissions testing Isn’t a thing. Our uncle in CA has related stories about the hoop-jumping on emissions testing & certification every inspection and car sale and that does sound like a huge hassle. I don’t mind the annual inspection here since it’s mostly about functional safety and that’s a good thing. I’ve modded exhaust on every car I’ve owned but it’s yet to get flunked over that Front and rear bumper mod I do wish we could dump the front license plate thing thoFront and rear bumper mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthawk300 View Post
    I’m personally glad I don’t live in the northern part of VA, at least where I’m at emissions testing Isn’t a thing. Our uncle in CA has related stories about the hoop-jumping on emissions testing & certification every inspection and car sale and that does sound like a huge hassle. I don’t mind the annual inspection here since it’s mostly about functional safety and that’s a good thing. I’ve modded exhaust on every car I’ve owned but it’s yet to get flunked over that Front and rear bumper mod I do wish we could dump the front license plate thing thoFront and rear bumper mod

I’m all for standard safety testing. It’s just how CA goes well above and beyond what I see as reasonable with their restrictions that bothered me. Texas is almost begging me to stroke my 5.7 with the gas prices here....

Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AnglerRT View Post
    Down in Hays County

Where at? I'm in San Marcos.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably the best change you'll ever make to your Wagon.
    I'm happy for you.
    Likes AnglerRT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyvr2 View Post
    Where at? I'm in San Marcos.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Driftwood. I was just at the DPS in San Marcos today switching my license over

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12