Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 05 Magnum Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Impressive build so far. Will be cool to see it finished!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well sad news. Ordered that back half kit because it said shipping out 6/23 called and they said expected ship date is august 7th now. So i will have plenty of time to clean the shop. Plus ill have to lay on the ground for all my up coming oil changes since the lift is occupied with the magnum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Junkyard Dave has a lot of info on this mod. You'll have to find all the episodes.

YouTube
    13 Chrysler 300S, Stock 17 RAM 6.4 BGE with TSP Stage 4 boosted Cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force 2.62 pulley(12.2 lbs boost),, Fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. aluminum rad. SRT fans. Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO NT555 265/35R22 - 295/30R22

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep I have watched and keep watching his stuff. Got all the basics done. I'm at the complicated back half job. I'd be working a bit faster if that shipping delay did not slow me down. I really wanted to be driving by the fall but I think it won't be until January. Of course pending I can figure out the roll cage and the welder has time in his schedule to Tig it for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    He doesn't seem to finish anything though. He's building a Widebody ChargerMag now, gonna be pretty cool if he finishes it. Good luck, love these kinds of projects.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I do the same thing. I gotta push fast or I move on and do something else. Wish I could just slowly work one thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work subscribed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    He doesn't seem to finish anything though. He's building a Widebody ChargerMag now, gonna be pretty cool if he finishes it. Good luck, love these kinds of projects.
    Agreed...the dude has way too many projects going on
    2020 Charger Widebody Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the back half kit in yesterday. Just finishing up cleaning the shop built a shelf and have to build one more. Make sure I stay clean and organized on this next half.

Last edited by Lenogris; 08-01-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'm back at it. After cleaning the shop making a couple of shelves and a work bench, and of course plenty of fishing. I made an attempt to cut the floor, however I quickly discovered that an angle grinder is not the best tool. So I have a plasma cutter on the way to finish that up. In the mean time i was able to wire up the fans, mount the hood, bumper, and front end. I also wallowed out the holes on the challenger brake pedal mount so that they could fit in the magnum. The holes are about .25 too wide on the pedal mount so it was not too hard.

Also while siting out there staring at it I came to the realization that I'm going to have to custom wire all the lights, as I have the magnum steering column, and no dash. I see in my wiring diagrams that the challenger used the BCM to control the lights. I'm not quite sure how to handle it yet, i know i can always run some switches on the dash, but id like to utilize as much as i could from the challenger. I may try and use some switches and then feed that to the BCM to power the lights and such, not sure if its smart enough to know its not the original switches.

Likes RobsSXT, diboblo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We'll spent an hour today learning how to use the plasma cutter. After climbing out of the car and seeing all the smoke in the shop realized I should be doing it with the door open in the morning some time. Only issue im having is all the sealant on the seams, the plasma cutter does not like the stuff. I think the best solution right now is to cut to the edge of the stuff and angle the cutter over sideways. If I do that on both sides i get most of the metal cut underneath it. Ill finish the cutting Saturday morning while its cool and i can leave the door open.

Post Thanks / Like
    got some more work done. got the floor nearly all cut out fit in the tires too. Need to cut a few more cuts, and trim up the cross beam to fit a little better and get it all welded up. Left the pile of trimmings in the way for the best angle, but I was too tired to get it all moved.

Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly like the narrowed look vs the widebody look. I may look into adding fender skirts too.
    Last edited by Lenogris; 10-10-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i got a lot more done. Realized the location I mocked it all up in had the rear end forward about 10 inches. So i had to move the whole situation back. i had to cut out some area to fit, and of course I had already cut the crossmember to fit the old location. So I had to weld back on the 1inch or so I cut off to get it to fit in the new location. I also added two pieces of scrap on either side of that weld to help strengthen it. I'm afraid to show everyone my trash welds, cause i was having a hard time with it all. I did finally get it all stuck and it took a couple hundred pounds jumping on it. Plus the roll cage will be coming around on the top to help give it structure, and I'm not going to weld that. Regardless here is the trash in all its glory:

On the two back braces I plan on added some angle iron on the sides as well, I'm just out of it right now. Headed this week to drop the rear end at a shop to get narrowed, and get axles ordered. Don't burn me too bad with the welds, but if you notice a spot that looks bad let me know so i can maybe fix it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was able to get some more angle iron in place and braced up all of the welds. Got the settings dialed in and got better welds on them too. Pricing out rear ends, had planned on using a 9 inch that was given to me, however its quite beat up. I could not find anyone that thought it was a good idea to narrow it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12