Post Thanks / Like

HELP!!!! No exhaust passenger side tail pipe

I have an odd problem. I have an 07 magnum r/t that I have had the motor built. Has a 392 stroker kit from Scat, big cam, eldelbrock heads, edelbrock victor jr intake. This morning as I got on the interstate, it started running really bad. I limped it home and as far as can tell it is only running on 4 cylinders. I am getting no exhaust from passenger side pipe. Checked spark plugs and they are wet with gas. I swapped all 4 coil packs from driver side to passenger side and same problem, no exhaust on passenger side. It runs no different when I unplug all 4 coil packs on passenger side. It's as they they aren't being told to fire. I am getting no codes shown on my diablo tuner, except when I unplug the coil packs. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't worry about it...if you have a dual exhaust the system will do what it needs to expel gases unless there's some sort of damage on that side

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagic5 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it...if you have a dual exhaust the system will do what it needs to expel gases unless there's some sort of damage on that side
    ????
    It's running terrible. Passenger side headers aren't getting hot either. Something is definitely wrong, just don't know what.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been working on tuning it and have about 1500 miles since motor put in the car. Is it possibly rings washed out?

Post Thanks / Like
    hrmm. Sounds like a possible ground issue. but i would think it would throw a code for that if it codes for unplugging the coils.
    Washed cylinders will still fire and make some heat. It will have excessive crankcase pressure though with washed cylinders, so thats an easy test to see.
    Compression test would be a easy test too.
    Have you swapped fuel injectors around?
    Whats the afr reading?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    hrmm. Sounds like a possible ground issue. but i would think it would throw a code for that if it codes for unplugging the coils.
    Washed cylinders will still fire and make some heat. It will have excessive crankcase pressure though with washed cylinders, so thats an easy test to see.
    Compression test would be a easy test too.
    Have you swapped fuel injectors around?
    Whats the afr reading?
    I've given up for the night. I think the injectors ate fine because the spark plugs were wet. My tuner is coming by tomorrow and we will check the afr reading. Hopefully something shows up on his laptop.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd check compression on that bad side....May have out of time cam to crank.....plugs can stay wet from lack of compression...Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    The passenger side wiring harness are known to melt together on our early LXs.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's an electrical issue - either the wiring has an issue, or the computer is bad. If you check the coil packs, I'm pretty sure they are not getting an electrical impulse to fire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RDT View Post
    It's an electrical issue - either the wiring has an issue, or the computer is bad. If you check the coil packs, I'm pretty sure they are not getting an electrical impulse to fire.
    Even if when I unplug them, it shows a code for each coil pack?

Post Thanks / Like
    Figured it out. Catalytic converter had come apart and plugged the exhaust. Brand new kooks that came with my headers. Went ahead and knocked out the driver's side too. Now to get the tuning right and let this beast out.
    Thanks everyone!
    Thanks coanan thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting. Good find!
    And thanks for posting the fix

Post Thanks / Like
    yes...thnx for posting the find...Amazing to me....I thought komputers were smart...! Why did they allow pumping more and more fuel in, soaking the plugs, when 02 sensors must have been reporting No exhaust flow..!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OlGeezer2018 View Post
    yes...thnx for posting the find...Amazing to me....I thought komputers were smart...! Why did they allow pumping more and more fuel in, soaking the plugs, when 02 sensors must have been reporting No exhaust flow..!
    My tuner had the O2 sensors off.😕