Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsand View Post
    He's hooked.
    ​He's only human...
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Johnsand liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Found my pic of the Hellcat Mag. Complete hellcat swap, inside, drive train, down to red FOB working. Wish I'd taken more. 1000whp

Last edited by coanan; 01-25-2020 at 09:13 PM.
    2013 Chrysler 300S, Stock 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force 2.62 pulley(12.2 lbs boost), fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. aluminum rad. SRT fans. Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO NT555 265/35R22 - 295/30R22 going in: TSP boosted Stage 4 226/235 582/582 117+4

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been following these video's too. None of this really surprises me. To be honest, most of the time what surprises is me is people who tell you it can't be done without any first hand knowledge whatsoever. And who ever looked at a car someone just bolted stuff together and said "wow, that guy is awesome" ?...you respect people more when they do the things that people said "it can't be done". This guy took the time to figure it out but largely bolted stuff together. Something anybody with enough money and time can do. No disrespect at all, its great and he is obviously talented with his other projects and body work. However, the guy who puts the dash in the car that it DOESN'T bolt in....that is the guy I give credit to. The guy who welded the right parts together, who made brackets, who fabricated his way to something nobody else has or can have.

Move past bolts on and take some risks! You might find you learned something :P
    Mopar11 Charger, MMX Cam, BBK Shorty Headers, Hemifever tune, Getrag 3.91 LSD

Post Thanks / Like
    I give him props for figuring out all the wiring. That is probably my single biggest PITA, hate anything to do with electrical. Not that I cant, just dont enjoy it. I Also hate bodywork. Basically anything tedious and time consuming. Which is weird because I enjoy putting engines together, etc. Lol

This guy is going places. Even if it's just to say he did it.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta hand it to the guy - he did what few have attempted and put it all on video including his screw-ups.

I do find watching the videos difficult because he's not very good at communicating, his videos are jumpy and the frames are not always in sequence and he talks endlessly about trivial stuff instead of the meat and potatoes of the job. I wish that he had a cameraman, better lighting and an editor. The entertainment value would have been an order of magnitude higher.
    Even if he did it like another car-youtuber I enjoy - Mustie1 - who videos himself solo but with far better camera angles and a better story.

In any event, I think this kid did an excellent job. There are a number of loose ends still, like what about the headliner, the gap between the dash and the windshield, the door trim (why take the Magnum trim off if he didn't have Charger trim to replace it)?

I'll keep watching. This is very relevant to my interests, although my old girl might not take such a swap and remain intact. The ol' 2005 RT is 15 years old now, over 320,000 km, and things are getting a bit weathered. 15 Canadian winters will do that no matter how good your undercoating is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by henry View Post
    In any event, I think this kid did an excellent job. There are a number of loose ends still, like what about the headliner, the gap between the dash and the windshield, the door trim (why take the Magnum trim off if he didn't have Charger trim to replace it)?
    Nailed it

The rear side window too!! lol
    The passenger airbag looked popped on the "new" dash too. But yeah...I know he gutted it, but he could still add some interior stuff back in to make it a little more finished for the time being.
    I'm curious to see if he'll actually do the body work and paint it though
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    I smiled watching this saga unfold knowing it would finally push the concept that our platform's components are interchangeable.

I wish he had volunteered all the details, especially the more difficult things he ran into that he had to adapt or modify. That would have made it outstanding.

btw; i think he has help on both the front and back end...

Post Thanks / Like
    New episode, but he's ALL over the place in this one

Post Thanks / Like
    I randomly found this on YouTube or maybe it found me, lol, with all the Magnum research I've been doing lately. Glad it was posted up here!!

I may do the rear subframe scatpack swap someday.
    2006 (Manu.Date 5/05) Magnum RT (midnight blue) - STOCK... Rolled over 100K on the OD. Just general maintenance for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man! Episode 6 is heartbreaking.

Mods --> Shaved door handles, shaved rear 1/4 windows, shaved gas door, shaved bumper grooves, shaved liftgate wiper and handle w/ relocated open switch, 2-door conversion.
    To Do --> Low profile mirrors, shaved tail lights and then flush mounting them to the lift gate,
    custom paint.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345