Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    behind the wheel of magnum in the fast lane
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because I am not sure the wife or wallet would be ok with me getting a cat to swap... And her reason would be cause the wallet might not support it at this point

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    If everything bolted right up we would have been buying up totaled Hellcat front clips and swapping them in years ago, Modern Muscle and HHP would've made a killing on swap kits.

Galactus hungers...
    I watched both of the videos as well, and it doesn't surprise me that everything bolts up. It's pretty common knowledge (at least that I thought) that the underlying structure is essentially unchanged. Everything should bolt up.

I was under the impression that it's the wiring/computers that will get you. Especially when swapping over from a pre-08 car to 08+ engine/trans combo. The different CANBUS systems are the downfall. That's one reason why the 6-speed swap into the Magnum isn't readily done. The 6-speed computer is the later CANBUS and won't play well with the earlier CANBUS. Wanna swap in the later style dash into a pre-08 Magnum and use those gauges, I don't think it will work without a lot of electronic changes. That's why you really don't see a lot of that being posted.

Regarding the 6-speed Magnum that Cleveland Power Peformance did, I saw the trans tunnel "surgery" that was needed. it's been said that the trans tunnel is different/wider for the 6-speed, but it's the same. It's just the top plate that is different, with a hole for the shifter. But I'm still wondering how they did the wiring, since their car is an 06 (with an 08 clip).

That being said, this guy looks like he is pulling the entire wiring harness out of the 6.4 car and putting it into the Magnum. The BCM should play well, as this is an 08 car. Definitely interested in how this all turns out.
    Last edited by MikuhlBrian; 11-22-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    - Brian T.
    "Pam the Demon Wagon" 2006 Magnum SRT
    8 #That70sSRT8

| web: Michael Brian Studios | instagram: @MichaelBrianStudios |

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter300c View Post
    Apparently Sound German Engineering has finally foolproofed the 8 speed swap into the gen1 cars now. I have one sitting in garage...hmm. Before it was common practice to just use the nag1 with a 6.4l swap.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Oh??? Any more details on this? I'd love an 8spd in my 06 SRT8 (if & when my 5-speed gives it up).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikuhlBrian View Post
    I watched both of the videos as well, and it doesn't surprise me that everything bolts up. It's pretty common knowledge (at least that I thought) that the underlying structure is essentially unchanged. Everything should bolt up.

I was under the impression that it's the wiring/computers that will get you. Especially when swapping over from a pre-08 car to 08+ engine/trans combo. The different CANBUS systems are the downfall. That's one reason why the 6-speed swap into the Magnum isn't readily done. The 6-speed computer is the later CANBUS and won't play well with the earlier CANBUS. Wanna swap in the later style dash into a pre-08 Magnum and use those gauges, I don't think it will work without a lot of electronic changes. That's why you really don't see a lot of that being posted.

Regarding the 6-speed Magnum that Cleveland Power Peformance did, I saw the trans tunnel "surgery" that was needed. it's been said that the trans tunnel is different/wider for the 6-speed, but it's the same. It's just the top plate that is different, with a hole for the shifter. But I'm still wondering how they did the wiring, since their car is an 06 (with an 08 clip).

That being said, this guy looks like he is pulling the entire wiring harness out of the 6.4 car and putting it into the Magnum. The BCM should play well, as this is an 08 car. Definitely interested in how this all turns out.
    I, like you, assumed everyone knew just how little the chassis has changed over the years.

If you take all the associated electronics out of a late model donor car and put them in say a Magnum of any year, electrical issues become extremely simple. That is what the guy is doing...if any reprogramming required it'll be minor precisely because he is transplanting everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MikuhlBrian View Post
    Oh??? Any more details on this? I'd love an 8spd in my 06 SRT8 (if & when my 5-speed gives it up).
    Again - if you find a donor platform...the above applies.

2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes lordofchaos, MikuhlBrian liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    A guy in S. Florida did a complete hellcat conversion on a 06 Magnum, dash, interior, right down to the red key-fob working. Must have a donor car and transplant everything.
    2013 Chrysler 300S, Stock 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force 2.62 pulley(12.2 lbs boost), fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. aluminum rad. SRT fans. Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO NT555 265/35R22 - 295/30R22 going in: TSP boosted Stage 4 226/235 582/582 117+4
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

HWDan is offline 2005 Magnum RT amd 2017 Charger SRT 392!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure that by now everyone interested has subscribed and is watching, but there's been 2 new episodes since.

This is better than watching Netflix! Who knew that watching someone drill out spot welds be so riveting !

Hot Wheel Dan

2005 Magnum RT and 2017 Charger SRT Maximum Steel!
    Thanks Hemissary thanked for this post
    Likes Magnoom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep them coming Dan :^)

Post Thanks / Like
    Really surprised me how much just bolts into the older LX cars. (Basically everything) like legos.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Part 4 puts that controversy to rest: 8HP70 fits with no pan mods
    Likes Killjoy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a shame. Like a lot have commented you can see the front passenger side lift leg not touching the car the whole time.

As for a replacement, I don't know about Colorado but I could have one off cl in a few hours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting to know I may be able to put an 8 speed n my 2006 SRT8...
    Net is where I be......Nathan is me
    2006 Charger SRT8
    Inferno Red (Just a blur to most folks) with All Factory Options / Groups, SRT8 Mats, Side moldings/rear ram's head shaved
    Billet Technology all over + valve covers and coil covers, KillerGlass Pipe, LMI FIV CAI, 180 Tstat, Magnaflow 3" exhaust
    MPR Motorsports built 6.1 based/392 NA Stroker, BBK 85mm TB, TranZformer, Kooks Long Tubes
    BCR coilovers with Hotchkis sways and Nitto 245/45/20F - 295/40/20R NT555-G2 paws

Post Thanks / Like
    Daaammmmnnnn

Post Thanks / Like
    Sad part of a great story. We all want to see this done. Now get it to the body shop, those frome machine work miracles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that's pretty hard. I'm glad he wasn't hurt.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast