Post Thanks / Like

Does your sunroof sit flush? Any adjustment on it?

My sunroof has acted up over the years. It stopped working for a while. I would hit the button occasionally to see if it was still broken. After replacing the battery it started working again, so whenever it quits working I just unhook and retook the battery. I think it is a limit switch sensor problem of some sort.

Now it has another problem. The rear sits about a quarter inch below the roof and you can see a tiny air space for water to enter. I'm a little concerned with winter coming up in a few months. It never rains here, but don't want to take a chance. When I poor water on it, it goes in there and comes out in front of the rear wheels.
    Question is, do you know anything about adjusting where the sunroof parks?
    2006 Dodge Magnum Magnesium, 345 ci Hemi
    1971 Buick Riviera, 455 ci torque monster
    1965 Chevy C10 350 ci getter done
    1956 Packard 472 ci Cadillac powered SOLD
    1938 Cadillac V16 431 ci 135 deg V flathead

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a calibration procedure somewhere, I don't know it off the top of my head though. If you do a search, you should get several results on how to do it. Mine was leaking into the car this spring and after doing the calibration, it no longer leaks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Likes Tomsriv1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    There are also some fasteners that can work their way loose over time; hasn't happened to me but I've read about it here on LXF. Maybe some creative searching will turn it up, or the members it happened to will chime in.

But yes, the sunroof should sit reasonably flush. My current 300's does; previous one did sag a little bit in the back but the car had a lot more miles on it.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a recalibration you can do by pulling a fuse in the rear cargo area fusebox by the battery while the sunroof is opening. I had the same issue and did it to mine and it took care of the alignment problem.

Turn the ignition on (don't start the car), close the sunroof, open the trunk and locate fuse 44 in the rear fuse panel, open the sunroof and halfway through the glass opening have the second person remove fuse 44, leave it out for 15 seconds minimum, replace the fuse in the panel, open the sunroof the rest of the way, push the vent button until the glass lifts all the way, open and close the glass fully one more time.
    Thanks Tomsriv1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Read the Owner's Manual for the end-user Calibration Procedure.

For a more involved process, read the Factory Service Manuals we all have the luxury of downloading here at LX.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the helpful replies guys and especially thanks Volkey for the instructions. A great bunch of people here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    That worked! Just needed a recalibration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk