Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Station Wagon sales are increasing

I read an article yesterday about sales of different vehicles whether sales are increasing or decreasing and some affluent people are now buying stationwagons instead of SUVs. A new Magnum would be nice now wouldn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    It absolutely would!
    Cam//Hi-Flow Mids//Tune
    [email protected], 2.0 60'

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there's a thin line of definition between an SUV and a station wagon. SUV's used to be 4WD only and now.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, now most "suvs" are "crossovers", high top station wagons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I wonder what qualifies as a station wagon

I know Buick started doing a wagon version of the Regal last year.... any other new entries to the segment that are actual station wagons, not crossovers?

Post Thanks / Like
    An updated Magnum line from SXT all the way to a Red Eye version would be awesome.
    2005 Magnum R/T Bright Silver Metallic,Lower baffle mod,DS Intune,SRT Bilsteins/coils,..Dropped Valve..rebuild...6.1 springs,chain/tensioner,damper,ARP fasteners throughout,Sidewinder cam,Comp Cams pushrods,Tune by Johan,Taylor 8.2 shortys,Speedlogix catch can,BT Batwing and engine bling,BT pink thingy,Scat Pack wheels,245/45/20,RKSPORT Viper ACR hood,full Volant SS cat back,AFE Magnum Force CAI,R1 Concepts black slotted/drilled rotors F/B,ceramic pads,DC Strut tower brace,Bitchin pistol grip shifter
    1970 440 Pro Street Cuda
    1976 340 Pro Street Plymouth Arrow
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins

Mississauga Ontario '11 Charger R/T with R&T, '13 Cadillac sports wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, GM only made the Cadillac CTS wagon for a few years. Never see one on the road..quite rare. I was "forced" to but a Caddy wagon after owning three Magnums, BUT, if they realize the demand for an updated Magnum (I bought a new Magnum Coupe in 1978) I'm interested!!

2011 Toxic Orange Charger R/T R&T (license plate "BUK8LIST") Factory Repro rims/Nitto Invos, Aria CAI. Daytona chin spoiler. Window tint.

Daily Driver...2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Sports Wagon Edition. 20" Vossen CV3R Gloss Graphite Staggered rims with Falken FK453 tires, tinted windows.

Gone, but not forgotten..........

2005 Magnum SXT (CANDYAPPLE)
    2006 MSRT (FSTBLK)
    2008 Magnum SXT
    2002 Intrepid
    2000 Intrepid
    1998 Intrepid.........and 31 others over the past 53+ years.

Post Thanks / Like
    We're all fans of wagons but even if sales are increasing, they're increasing from "a few" to "a few more". I don't think we'll see another Magnum but rather more crossovers as those are what have been selling most consistently.

If anything I would expect to see a smaller/cheaper Durango show up at some point...hopefully not a resurrection of the Caliber though.
    2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 // silver // 56k miles // Mopar intake // muffler delete // Trufiber hood with carbon fiber overlay // 22" Viper Repro wheels // Bilstein // 265/35-R22 & 295/30-R22 Pirelli Scorpion Zero // 12" CVX sub // iSimple and iPod Nano 6th Gen // 20% tint all around // Fuelly MPG here

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly what anxious said. The article does call out that from 2013-2018 the station wagon market has been the 4th largest growing segment, growing by 29% over the course of those 5 years. But that 29% increase still only equates to 2% of the overall vehicle market in the US. 212,000 total station wagon sales in 2018. Some of that growth is attributed to more station wagon models being available. Additions of the Buick Regal TourX, Volvo V90 make for other nameplates and are taking some sales away from SUV/CUVs. But, BMW is no longer offering the 3 series wagon in the next generation. We will see a drop in sales because of that? Will be interesting to see.

The cost of wagons has gone up a lot as well int he past several years. Almost all of the available wagons are premium or luxury vehicles. The Buick Regal TourX is probably as close to the Magnum as you'll get, being from a mainstream manufacturer. AWD, 250HP Turbo 4. But they are priced from $28-$44K. I did sit in one at the most recent autoshow. It was very nice. And, it's about 1/2" shorter than the Magnum. it's a big car.

The one thing I don't like about it is what Buick did to make it "sellable" here. Gave it the "outaback" treatment. Higher ground clearance and black body cladding. If they would have offered the regular wagon (and the V6), I'd really be considering adding one to the fleet.

TourX

Insignia Sports Tourer (what would be the properwagon)

When my MSRT8 becomes full on toy status, I might consider getting one of these Buick's and remodelling it. Strip it of the black cladding (fenders, doors, rear etc are just 3M doublesided tape), replace the bumpers, and drop it to make it to a proper wagon.
    - Brian T.
    "Pam the Demon Wagon" 2006 Magnum SRT

| web: Michael Brian Studios | instagram: @MichaelBrianStudios |

Post Thanks / Like

Station Wagon sales are increasing

Last edited by 94cruiser; 01-09-2019 at 11:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the Buick wagon not long ago, I gotta say, it is a nice looking car, but, I just can’t get past the front end.
    to much like a BMW, in my mind, and the black body cladding, (as mentioned above) isn’t attractive at all....
    I would not hesitate to buy a Buick, we were a Buick family back in the 70’s, and we had no problems with the cars,
    But, with just under 230,000 miles on the clock, I’ll keep my magnum. BEST car I have ever owned!

THE ORIGINAL
    http://photobucket.com/albums/c15/sugar-tj/

there are no strangers here, just friends you haven't met yet..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CADYWAGN View Post
    Yeah, GM only made the Cadillac CTS wagon for a few years. Never see one on the road..quite rare.
    I actually saw two last night, and I know they were two different cars because one was white and the other silver.

How would you compare the CTS Wagon and the Magnum? The CTS -looks- smaller to me, and makes me feel like the interior would be cramped. Might just be an illusion, though.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Would love to have a CTS wagon with the 550hp corvette engine in it.
    Would go great with my two Magnums....

Mississauga Ontario '11 Charger R/T with R&T, '13 Cadillac sports wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=someotherguy;5121098]I actually saw two last night, and I know they were two different cars because one was white and the other silver.

How would you compare the CTS Wagon and the Magnum? The CTS -looks- smaller to me, and makes me feel like the interior would be cramped. Might just be an illusion, though.

Richard[/QUOTE

My Caddy is smaller than the Magnum. I realize that when I drive my Charger (in the summer......8 years old and about 15,000 miles on it) The interior is slightly smaller too, but I wouldn't call it cramped. I see the difference in size when I'm parked next to a Magnum. This toy has 218 H.P. paddle shifters, heavy duty suspension, H.D. brakes (with air intake ducts) and handles outstandingly. Stock performance wheels (now with snows) are 19" and I use 20" in the summer. The car has been no trouble at all and I am happier with it than I was expecting to be. It's no CTS-V (with the Corvette engine), but it has pretty much every option available and an MSRP of $67,000 Canadian. It is faster than my Magnum SXT that I traded in for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Manufactors are raising(lifting) would be station wagons and hatchbacks and calling them SUV. The American market isn’t fans of station wagons.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast