Post Thanks / Like

Ash tray locking mechanism

... so I was installing my heated light switches with new bulbs. I pulled the ash tray assembly out, but something may have dislodged or broke because I can’t close my ash tray now. I looked in the back of the ash tray and nothing seems broken. I didn’t hear anything break or see any broken piece. Can someone tell me how the locking mechanism works?

Thanks.
    2006 MRT, Blaze Red Crystal Pearl (PRH), Upgraded Rear Police Brakes, Mopar Police Wheels with Continental ContiPureContact, Stock Rims with Bridgestone Blizzak WS-80, BT Catch Can, LMI AirHammer, EGR disabled, 91 tune, H8 battery (AC Delco 49AGM).

Post Thanks / Like
    ash tray?

I got to go out to the garage, maybe i missed my ash tray for 10 year... be back soon..................

nope i didn't get one

PB ET 14.02 at CamaroFest 5 totally stock
    PB RT Sportsman tree .003 at Challengerfest 3, PB RT pro tree .019 at MSHS VMP 5/16
    PB 0-60 3.24 MIR Raceway Drag Radials 6/18

PB 0-60 4.40 Street Tires on the street Calabash 10/14

PB 60' 1.472 @ CF9 4/18
    PB ET 1/8 6.911 @ CF9 4/18
    PB MPH 1/8 100.17 @ Atco 11/18
    PB ET 10.857 @ CF9 4/18

PB MPH 127.29 @ Atco 11/18

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had 4 1st gen LX's and each one had a finicky ashtray mechanism. I've tried lubing the mechanism, cleaning it, cleaning it then lubing it, always seems to mess up right after I re-install it.

It has a little cam on one side that is supposed to latch it into place when you shut it. It's apparently not the greatest design. I don't smoke, and I rarely use the power outlet in the ashtray, so once I get it to close I just try my best to never touch it.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    I've had 4 1st gen LX's and each one had a finicky ashtray mechanism. I've tried lubing the mechanism, cleaning it, cleaning it then lubing it, always seems to mess up right after I re-install it.

It has a little cam on one side that is supposed to latch it into place when you shut it. It's apparently not the greatest design. I don't smoke, and I rarely use the power outlet in the ashtray, so once I get it to close I just try my best to never touch it.

Richard
    Thanks. I’ll have another look. It’s where I store my spare change, so I use it all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    got it .. first gen . i was wondering if i missed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    I don't smoke, and I rarely use the power outlet in the ashtray, so once I get it to close I just try my best to never touch it.
    Same here. I only use the outlet for emergency phone power but do my best to just go into low battery mode to avoid touching the ashtray. Sometimes it'll close but not always. Then the next day it'll close.

Quote Originally Posted by chrismah View Post
    It’s where I store my spare change, so I use it all the time.
    Do you have the coin slots inside the armrest? I assumed everyone had that, but maybe not? It's massive...when I finally filled up the quarters it looked like about $12
    2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 // silver // just hit 55k miles // Mopar intake // muffler delete // Trufiber hood with carbon fiber overlay // 22" Viper Repro wheels // 265/35-R22 & 295/30-R22 Pirelli Scorpion Zero // 12" CVX sub // iSimple and iPod Nano 6th Gen // 20% tint all around // Fuelly MPG here