Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

JBA Exhaust Installed

So, the flex joint on the passenger side cracked so I decided that it was a good time to upgrade the exhaust.

Pic of the cracked exhaust: https://i.imgur.com/r8e6Kz8.jpg

Got the JBA mids w/cats and the JBA cat-back. Recorded a couple of quick videos to share. It's loud, but I figure it will mellow out a little once the new exhaust has some miles on it.

Likes HWDan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How loud...I ordered JBA because it didn't sound too loud in all of the clips I heard...I thought it was a decent throaty sound???

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    When just cruising it's fine. Just a nice rumble. Get on the gas and it gets quite loud. Not quite Harley-Davidson with straight pipes loud, but it's up there.

EDIT: My biggest issue right now is that something in the back of the car is vibrating/resonating at around 2k RPM. Going to empty everything out of it this weekend and try to track down the culprit.
    Last edited by MJN73; 11-09-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe the dreaded resonance, thats why i went with solo so you can tune that out. Good luck hope you get it solved.

PB ET 14.02 at CamaroFest 5 totally stock
    PB RT Sportsman tree .003 at Challengerfest 3, PB RT pro tree .019 at MSHS VMP 5/16
    PB 0-60 3.24 MIR Raceway Drag Radials 6/18

PB 0-60 4.40 Street Tires on the street Calabash 10/14

PB 60' 1.472 @ CF9 4/18
    PB ET 1/8 6.911 @ CF9 4/18
    PB MPH 1/8 100.17 @ Atco 11/18
    PB ET 10.857 @ CF9 4/18

PB MPH 127.29 @ Atco 11/18
    Likes MJN73 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe, but I have the MDS disabled (have a DiabloSport inTune I3). Thought that was the primary cause?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Jba shorties, catless mids and flowmaster cat back. Drone is bad most of time and I thought disabling mds was going to help but it didnt. So much as I thought my tuner wasnt disabling mds and had to send my tune to diablosport who said it was disabling mds lol..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 BB Chrysler 300C 5.7L RWD
    Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, JBA Shorties/Catless Mids, LMI Frankentake IV, 93 Octane Tune, PowerStop Evolution S/D Brakes, 180* T-Stat, 22" Velocity Rims, Street Edge Coilovers, SPC Upper Control Arms/Rear Bushings, Powerbass Amp/Dual 12" Subwoofers, 8000k Led, Smoked Headlights/Fogs/Taillights/Side markers, Black Grill, Tinted

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter300c View Post
    I have Jba shorties, catless mids and flowmaster cat back. Drone is bad most of time and I thought disabling mds was going to help but it didnt. So much as I thought my tuner wasnt disabling mds and had to send my tune to diablosport who said it was disabling mds lol..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Guess I'll call JBA and see what they suggest. Wife will NOT be happy with that drone lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Not trying to be a downer, but I have yet to encounter any V8 LX aftermarket exhaust with zero drone, including the supposedly drone less Corsas.

I find when someone says they have "no drone" it just means they have greater tolerance for drone than I do
    06 BB MSRT8 : 393 CID/2.9L Whipple w/ Stand-Alone 8-Rib Belt System/Forged/Cam & Heads/90mm TB/Intercooler Ice Box/Fore Dual-Pump Fueling System, E85/1300cc Injectors/SHR War Viking/ProTorque TC - 2800 Stall/DSS Driveshaft & Axles/3.55 Wavetrac LSD/Mopar TCM/Race Star Drag Stars - 17 x 9.5 Rear, 17 x 4.5 Front/Hoosier Bias-Ply - 28 x 10 -17 Slicks, 27.5 x 4.5 - 17 Fronts

786 hp/714 tq/10.635 @ 133mph

Instagram : @fivedoorhemi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 5DR HEMI View Post
    Not trying to be a downer, but I have yet to encounter any V8 LX aftermarket exhaust with zero drone, including the supposedly drone less Corsas.

I find when someone says they have "no drone" it just means they have greater tolerance for drone than I do
    Apparently you have not tried or heard a tuned Solo exhaust, . Mine has zero drone Sir.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CruzKing View Post
    Apparently you have not tried or heard a tuned Solo exhaust, . Mine has zero drone Sir.
    That's great to hear. Will look into it. In this context, what exactly does "tuned" mean?

Post Thanks / Like
    Add some cherry bombs in the back as resonators. Cheap and should clear up the drone. No restriction just a little sound deadening.
    Mopar CAI, MTCM, UPR catch can, 170 stat, Diablo 93 CAI tune, JBA shorties, cat delete thru Thrush Rattlers, Eibach lowering springs, Mopar rear diffuser, Mopar front chin, Hurst T handle.

Likes MJN73 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure how the mids and cat-back sound. But I can tell you this..... don't count on it getting any quieter. Especially those cold weather startups. I Have the full JBA treatment on my magnum.
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT
    JBA "catted" mid-pipes - Sept. 2013
    New 5.7 HEMI engine - July 2014
    JBA shorty headers (silver ceramic coated) - July 2014
    JBA exhaust - July 2014

2013 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
    Road and Track Package
    Super Track Pak
    Compustar security controlled by the Drone
    20 x 9 Black SRT replica wheels
    275/40/20 Falken Ziex ZE950 Tires
    0130 of 3000

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 5DR HEMI View Post
    That's great to hear. Will look into it. In this context, what exactly does "tuned" mean?
    Solo has two tubes that are near the end of the exhaust that can be adjusted , this extra area takes out the drone. ita adjustable so almost every car setup will be able to 'tune' the drone out.
    Contact them for the exact info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN73 View Post
    EDIT: My biggest issue right now is that something in the back of the car is vibrating/resonating at around 2k RPM. Going to empty everything out of it this weekend and try to track down the culprit.
    There are lots of opportunities for rattles in the back. I have a slight rattle at idle that I think is the rear bumper or wheel well plastic lining being a bit aged. But I'm not sure...I've never figured it out.

One thing I would check is the rear speaker covers in the back. Mine don't have a tight fit so I got a little foam to wedge between the plastics which solved that problem. From the front it didn't sound like that's where the noise was coming from. I'm talking about the lighter plastic at the top of this pic:

Shared album - Steve Colucci - Google Photos

Also, on top of the spare tire area I have 2 storage "levels" that for me would sometimes rattle together even though they're quite heavyh. I put that small toolbag between them which solved that. In the pic it's just there to keep things open.
    2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 // silver // just hit 55k miles // Mopar intake // muffler delete // Trufiber hood with carbon fiber overlay // 22" Viper Repro wheels // 265/35-R22 & 295/30-R22 Pirelli Scorpion Zero // 12" CVX sub // iSimple and iPod Nano 6th Gen // 20% tint all around // Fuelly MPG here

Post Thanks / Like
    Just installed my system yesterday. Complete JBA, headers back. I'm experiencing the same resonance...I will join the hunt for a solution. First thing I tried was to tighten the jack and spare, and remove all of the cargo flooring panels...not the solution. I took it to 2 muffler shops. 1st one put it on a rack and said install was good, tight connections and no leaks. 2nd shop rode with me and thinks it's not the exhaust, but something reacting to the rumble of the exhaust. Is yours coinciding with shifting?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast