Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
    Guys, this sounds like a fairly common issue, especially with the TSB and dealerships obligated to replace the fuel tank for free. My question is can this happen spontaneously at any time, or is it a flaw in only some fuel tanks? I have all this info and TSB saved for future reference, but my '05 RT AWD has never had this problem. Should I be concerned it could happen at any time? I hesitate to bring the car in and get this work done only to have the dealership mess up something else. It always seems to happen!
    It happens when fuel enters the evap canister, in liquid form. The solenoid can't and isn't designed to purge liquid. The network sees this as a blockage and shuts down the engine. It is not a "design flaw" that randomly leads to stalling. There are conditions that need to be met.

Early build LX's did not have a replaceable evap canister, so the entire tank needs replaced.

If they give you static, it is under WARRANTY, not TSB, in the system. Original owners will have received a letter, regarding this matter.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bob, but my question remains; with over 100k km on the odometer and the '05 now being over 13 years old, and never having had this issue before, can this stalling problem spontaneously occur at any time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
    Thanks Bob, but my question remains; with over 100k km on the odometer and the '05 now being over 13 years old, and never having had this issue before, can this stalling problem spontaneously occur at any time?
    Short answer, no.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12