Post Thanks / Like

Help I thought it was licked

Hello, I'm having a bit of a problem with my 2006 srt8 magnum. It has a stalling and start up problem, these problems happen mostly after it is started with a cold engine. It takes me up to 7 tries to get the car to hold idle long enough to get it moving, after the stall. At speeds while accelerating and coasting the car will suddenly stall out for about 1 second before starting up again and keeps going like nothing happened. It also stalls during deceleration, when the car gets under about 15 mph the car will stall and not instantly start up again. This happens when coming to a stop too. Sometimes when starting it up it takes the transmission up to 15 seconds to engage and move the vehicle, just a couple days ago I had a new issue appear where the cars rpms raise but the vehicle barely moved along, like a slipping band, I also sometimes get a CEL. The codes that are triggered are: C121C Torque request signal denied U0100 Lost communication with ECM/PCM P0700 TCS malfunction lamp requestI have made the following repairs: Replace the PCMReplace the gas tank (under warranty)Replace the throttle bodyAny Idea what could be the problem or what to trouble shoot. I was thinking the transmission control module might be where to start.

Post Thanks / Like
    crank sensor first....cam sensor second. Use Dodge parts ONLY....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FORKLIFT352 View Post
    crank sensor first....cam sensor second. Use Dodge parts ONLY....
    I will hit the dealer tomorrow. Is there a reason the non Mopar ones should not be used?

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't you have a thread for your stalling problem previously? Maybe post a link to it in here so anybody that might help can see what all was done.

I would be tempted to say not all replacement PCM's are equal, some may just be cleaned-up units pulled from wrecked cars. Others seem to have gone through a lot trying to fix the random stall issue with those lost communication codes and it ends up being the PCM, though I think I recall someone saying they went through a couple of PCM's from one source before giving up and trying one from somewhere else and it fixed the problem.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by warped_Speed View Post
    I will hit the dealer tomorrow. Is there a reason the non Mopar ones should not be used?
    Even though the non Mopar are lifetime warranty...our beasts are finicky. Saving a few dollars but having to take out the unit and take it back and then replace it again isn't saving any money.Sent from my SM-G920V using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Last edited by FORKLIFT352; 05-21-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    i recently bought both a crank and cam shaft sensor for mine as well having similar issues. was hoping to install this weekend but its been raining for a week straight in florida. however i bought mine from advanced for like 30-35. they had good reviews. and my mechanic will be installing them with a list of other parts but it seems like thats a good place to start. as your symptoms seem to describe both of those sensors. and if not... well you have new sensors you can check off the list. thats how i see it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Didn't you have a thread for your stalling problem previously? Maybe post a link to it in here so anybody that might help can see what all was done.Richard
    I did have a post I did not link to it because I described more detail in this post and listed what i have replaced the link to that post is here stalling with check engine light
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    I would be tempted to say not all replacement PCM's are equal, some may just be cleaned-up units pulled from wrecked cars. Others seem to have gone through a lot trying to fix the random stall issue with those lost communication codes and it ends up being the PCM, though I think I recall someone saying they went through a couple of PCM's from one source before giving up and trying one from somewhere else and it fixed the problem.
    The replacement computer came from autocomputerexchange it is a re-man
    Quote Originally Posted by xGrave M1ndx View Post
    ....it seems like thats a good place to start. as your symptoms seem to describe both of those sensors. and if not... well you have new sensors you can check off the list. thats how i see it.
    That's what I was thinking

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE: I changed the crank and cam sensors both Mopar parts and it did not help . The car is currently stalling when cold after less then a minute in drive or reverse.

Post Thanks / Like
    fuel filter...sparkplugs....battery...coilpacks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FORKLIFT352 View Post
    fuel filter...sparkplugs....battery...coilpacks...
    spark plugs are new. and the battery tests fine. when it is running it does not miss as i would expect if a cylinder is not firing, however i plan to check the coil packs. I ordered the charcoal canister and will replace that i can do the fuel filter at the same time.
    Likes FORKLIFT352 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Help I thought it was licked

Quote Originally Posted by warped_Speed View Post
    The replacement computer came from autocomputerexchange it is a re-man
    Problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Clean the throttle body and do a throttle position calibration.

The idle air control is integrated. Don't use your fingers to hold the throttle plate open either. I literally unplug the harness and shove a screwdriver handle in to hold it open while I use aresol cleaner and a toothbrush.

Be surprised how well a clean throttle body and recalibration will effect performance.
    Battleship Bismarck
    2008 SRT8 Charger, Stockish!!
    2007 SXT Magnum
    2001 Ram 4x4
    2001 Town & Country Limited
    1999 Ram 1500 swb
    1998 2dr Neon Highline 5sp

I know your FAST cause I was Hauln' Azz when I passed you!

Member, Space City LX
    IG, oo_silversrt_oo

Likes FORKLIFT352 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CUUDA View Post
    Clean the throttle body and do a throttle position calibration.

The idle air control is integrated. Don't use your fingers to hold the throttle plate open either. I literally unplug the harness and shove a screwdriver handle in to hold it open while I use aresol cleaner and a toothbrush.

Be surprised how well a clean throttle body and recalibration will effect performance.
    I installed a brand new moper Throttle body. I will try a re-calibration to see if i did not get it correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradJo9 View Post
    Problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, it seems like the other thread (or maybe more than one) where "refurb" PCM's were being used, it came down to WHO the PCM came from whether or not it was any good.

For some places, "refurb" simply means they pulled it from a junkyard and cleaned the dirt off.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    so an update. I replaced the Evap canister as it was not replaced when the tank was. i also found a vacuum elbow that was dry-rotted. I replaced it to. neither resolved the issue so i ordered a ecm from mopar parts depot once i get it installed ill update