Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

LED headlight bulbs

Is there enough Clearance on the Dodge Magnum to put in Led headlight bulbs. I'm talking about the cooling fins ,fans etc. Has anyone done this without any Clearance issues.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on manufacturer (there are many); they (LEDs) still do not output anywhere near the OEM luminosity due to significant cooling limitations of trying to make high performance LED elements function when stuffed(!) through a one inch hole in a typical OEM reflector headlight assembly. Factory engineered LED headlight assemblies work because of a combination of passive / active thermal distribution and evacuation utilizing multiple (and larger - more lumens) LED elements. But even they struggle to meet SAE specifications.

Aftermarket look whiter and that's it...save your money.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 04-09-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Thanks hd7585, SHARKY 370 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

LED headlight bulbs

Quote Originally Posted by hd7585 View Post
    Is there enough Clearance on the Dodge Magnum to put in Led headlight bulbs. I'm talking about the cooling fins ,fans etc. Has anyone done this without any Clearance issues.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    The only company I would try is Diode Dynamics because they engineer and test their bulbs in the OEM housings to ensure that the beam pattern and luminosity are correct for the application. I have not ordered these but I would say they should fit if DD is offering them for our cars. They are not inexpensive but I would not waste my money on cheaper LED bulbs. They have a video that shows their testing facility and certification process and I’ll see if I can find it and post the link here later.

Diode Dynamics | Diode Dynamics

Research - Info | Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics
    - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by War Eagle; 04-07-2018 at 02:19 PM.

David

2005 Magnum RT - All stock except for that cool auto headlight mod!
    Thanks hd7585 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
    The only company I would try is Diode Dynamics because they engineer and test their bulbs in the OEM housings to ensure that the beam pattern and luminosity are correct for the application. I have not ordered these but I would say they should fit if DD is offering them for our cars. They are not inexpensive but I would not waste my money on cheaper LED bulbs. They have a video that shows their testing facility and certification process and I’ll see if I can find it and post the link here later.

Diode Dynamics | Diode Dynamics

Research - Info | Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics
    - YouTube

Here’s the video I was thinking of and it’s on their Facebook page.

Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been running fanless low beams on my car for close to a year with no issues and they are as bright as the 6000K HID's I took out. I put in a set of LED's for high beams and they are even brighter yet. They were just Ebay ones with high lumen ratings. In MI there's way too much salt to rely on a cheap Chinese fan to not get ate up. The passive loops seem to work well and haven't melted anything and I had the front end totally apart a few weeks ago replacing my broken front fascia.
    Thanks hd7585 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a follow up from this thread I started awhile back. I bought some LED bulbs from Amazon High and low beams For about 38 bucks a set. Put them into my stock magnum headlights And I couldn't be happier. They put out much more light then the Silver star halogen bulbs I was using. Here are some pics (low beam)
    A very white light that reflects well on anything That is reflective

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Thanks SCOTT57RT thanked for this post
    Likes SCOTT57RT, Rhino-1, Beach Goat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a follow up from this thread I started awhile back. I bought some LED bulbs from Amazon High and low beams For about 38 bucks a set. Put them into my stock magnum headlights And I couldn't be happier. They put out much more light then the Silver star halogen bulbs I was using. Here are some pics (low beam)
    A very white light that reflects well on anything That is reflective

You have a link for these?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    9006/HB4 LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit, SEALIGHT S1 Series Low Beam/Fog light bulb 12xCSP Chips - 6000LM 6000K Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079KCGWLM..._NdDaCbSWP04QA

SEALIGHT 9005 HB3 LED Headlight Bulbs High Beam Conversion Kit,Non-Polarity,Upgraded 12xCSP Chips Head light Halogen Replacement 6000K Xenon White(Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G9WTHTN..._XgDaCbJ0TEQ2T

Post Thanks / Like
    Do these have less draw on the electrical system as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona TorRed #1354, SRT Heads/Intake - ARH Long Tubes - Spartan Plus Cam - Magnaflow - 3.91s - 411rwhp/410rwtq
    Acceleration video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLey...aubWU9N6ezVy7g

I detail cars in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area! 757-435-4027

Post Thanks / Like
    They draw less than half the amps of halagen bulbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Goat View Post
    Do these have less draw on the electrical system as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Those posted above shine better then my HIDs...
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler, Hellcat Rear Bumper, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted LED Tail-lights & Side Markers, AAD Performance Upper Control Arms, XM-313 20x10 -24 & 20x12 -44, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Progress 35/22mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page

Post Thanks / Like
    would you able to closed the endust cap tight or you have leave it out

Post Thanks / Like
    My magnum has no dust caps It never did. Heat sink needs to be exposed to air so They Can cool themselves. They seal very well in the head light socket. Same as the Factory bulbs

Post Thanks / Like
    My magnum has no dust caps It never did. Heat sink needs to be exposed to air so They Can cool themselves. They seal very well in the head light socket. Same as the Factory bulbs

Do you think these will be OK in an after-market headlight bucket (I know--a bit of a general question). My Magnum came with some weird yellow-ish lenses and I need to swap them out too. My output right now is quite pathetic...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-1 View Post
    Do you think these will be OK in an after-market headlight bucket (I know--a bit of a general question). My Magnum came with some weird yellow-ish lenses and I need to swap them out too. My output right now is quite pathetic...
    As long as the aftermarket headlight isn't total crapp. This light needs to be focused with a quality reflector. If you reflectors look similar to what stock look like Then I think it would work fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast