Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How many miles does your LX have?

So, here's the skinny.. I am possibly looking to sell my '05 Magnum but I am very torn as to possibly keeping it. She has 132K on it and I am wondering how long your cars have lasted? I feel like Dodge is not known for it's long life on engines/transmissions. I have done repair and maintenance on the vehicle but I fear that I am going to be putting a lot of cash into her very shortly.

So, how many miles do your cars have? Major repairs? I am going to be doing a weekly run every Saturday to and from Ft. Worth to Waco along with 3 times a week back and forth from Ft. Worth to Midlothian and back for school along with my weekly driving to work. I guess I am scared of driving my car into the ground. I am just searching for more information on a direction to go. I know regular maintenance is the key and I do that but I have had to replace the thermostat, coil packs, EGR, done the timing belt, and other maintenance on her to keep her running and healthy. Ugh.. I feel like I'm giving up on my Magnum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is an 05' and has 61,000 miles on her...................

Has been trouble free until lately, replaced A/C system $2,713, now the security system does not recognize car key and dies after starting. Problem not yet solved.

Bob
    Last edited by FloridaRT; 07-26-2015 at 12:49 PM.
    Bob in Ocala, Florida, 77 years old - married 56 years. Sold my 05' Magnum RT which ended up being totaled. My new ride is a 2016 Toyota Highlander XLE. Time to go up.

Post Thanks / Like
    154,000+ miles. Have had it for three years. Had around 126,000 on it then.
    While doing my brake conversion I replaced the front suspension. Everything but the shocks and stabilizer bar bushings.
    2005 Cool Vanilla Magnum R/T
    20" 2008 SRT Alcoa wheels
    Front SRT shocks/springs
    245/45/20 Firestone Wide Oval, Front Brembo Conversion
    K&N CAI, Diablosport InTune
    MSD Blaster Coil Kit, 6 Disc RAQ Radio

Post Thanks / Like
    2007 , Srt8 blown engine at 80K miles,
    Cause of death / stupit tuner with wrong tuning

Having a new engine soon
    HEMI monster
    Thanks BrknArrw thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    307,000 miles on my RT Magnum. No problems. Uses less than 1 qt in 15,000 mile oil changes. Only thing I've changed on the motor= 1 EGR valve, 1 serpentine belt, plugs and oil, that's it.
    FRI Sidewinder cam, Dynatec LT Headers , BorlaCatback , 93 octane dyno tune, 333rwhp/350 ft lbs, Police Pack Oil Cooler, SRT 8 Struts and Nivo's ,Hotchkis sway bars,B Woody end links, , 275/40/20 Ventus ST's , 2017 CC Big Horn Ram 4X4 EcoDiesel. Never Trust a Fart

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by formerice View Post
    307,000 miles on my RT Magnum. No problems. Uses less than 1 qt in 15,000 mile oil changes. Only thing I've changed on the motor= 1 EGR valve, 1 serpentine belt, plugs and oil, that's it.
    That gives me hope......thank you. All i ever read about is things needing repair on these Magnums. 06 R/T....60 k

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is not a magnum but is still a LX, has 142k miles on it, have had it for 3 years and purchased it with 74k miles. Only done maintenance, with water pump and axle seal leak. Best car I've ever owned and the only one I've fully trusted for long road trips.
    06 Chrysler 300c 5.7, Grip Grille With Emblem Deleted, DS 93 Oct CAI tune, Borla ProXS Mufflers, Resonators Deleted, C&L CAI, BT EGR Delete, Speedlogix Oil Catch Can With S-Mount, 180 TStat, Tranzformer, MTCM, SRT8 3.06 Diff, SLK55 AMG Diff Cover, Mercedes AMG Diff Cooler, 2010 R/T axles and hubs, BC Racing Coilovers, SPC Adjustable Upper Control Arms, SRT8 6spd Engine Mounts, SRT8 Steering Wheel, Mercedes S63 AMG Paddle Shifters, Paddle Jaak Hack Wiring Kit, Mopar Stainless Pedal Kit, 2012 Challenger SRT8 Interior Door Pulls, LED Low Beams, Fog Lights and Indicators. Mopar Hidden Hitch.
    Thanks troper thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    112,000 on mine, bought it new

Post Thanks / Like
    114k on my 05 Mag R/T...had it less than a year, 101k when purchased. I've replaced plugs/coils/wires and sway bar bushings plus end links. End link was making a clunk but not dangerous or affecting driving. Plugs/coils/wires I did as tune-up given the mileage when I bought the car, not because it was running bad. I've taken the car on several road trips and it has been pretty much flawless aside from the Hemi mpg of about 18-20. On the whole one of the more reliable cars I've owned.

Give me a sporty car to handle the curves, the occasional drink to calm my nerves, and a woman that loves me more than I deserve - Unknown

Post Thanks / Like
    I replaced all my bushings with Pedders poly bushings at 140,000 miles, some are starting to go now. Will replace with energy bushings. Everything in the front end has been replaced , at least once, pads and rotors last about 140,000 miles. Leather seats are still excellent, paint is very good, no rust. It drives like a new car. Even my friends with Audis and Mercedes are impressed with the power and the handling. 24 mpg on my last fill up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Magnum built Oct 04 is coming up on 56k (90,000 km) nothing is due most stuff new or new looking. Danny

05 Inertia Built Magnum RT.
    Sold
    14 Ram Sport 4x4 Hemi. Sold
    05 Magnum AWD Hemi. Sold
    2016 Cherokee Trail Hawk Mango Tango. Sold

Back to the Dark Side - Still Respect The LX Platform
    2014 Ford Shelby GT500 SVT 5.8L SC 662/631 Factory Rated
    Conservative, 770 Crank / 680 RWHP
    Bama Custom 91/93 Tunes/SCJ TB /JLT 123mm CAI/2.4 Pulley/
    Nitto 555 G2s/Borla Stinger S-Type/BMR LCAs.
    2016 F150 XLT- Ecoboost- 4x4 Full Tow Options 3.73 ELD
    2006 Chevy Impala SS, 5.3L LS4....DD and Winter Beater

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep the fluids clean (oil, coolant, brake fluid, PS fluid, tranny, and rear end).
    Today's motors are built with better metals and better aligned than motors of the past. With frequent changes, the block should last >300K. I work with industrial NGas great big engines, and we usually get 80,000 hours operation without needing a rebuild.
    I also run Lucas upper cyl. lube most of the time. At $1.60 a fill up - it may be snake oil, but I'll hope it helps.
    The age of the electronics are probably more of a concern to me than the hard parts.

I have a 06 R/T with a built motor, tranny, rear end, Wilwood brake system, and just like to keep everything clean. I only have 29K on the car because I wrench on it and wax it, more than drive it.
    Adaptive Craving Control-by Hal9000 modification strictly prohibited
    FI IV.5, Solo cat backs, 180 thermo, Catch Can, DS tuner, 383 Stroker/SRT heads,headers and mids,, Tranny cooler with fan control, built tranny/flex plate/4K conv,09 Chally rear with Quaife posi. Pedders Track II, coil overs, Hodgkiss sways, BWoody links, 20" Jacks N Five with Nitto Invo's, Custom brakes by TCE. Bling by BT.
    Just a grocery getter!

Post Thanks / Like
    '05 with 51k.
    Corsa Extreme//JBA shorty headers//Predator//LMI Hammer//Billet Tech T-shifter handle//Modern Muscle custom package coming soon...

Post Thanks / Like
    05 AWD SXT 194k.
    Replaced both front drive axles, lower control arms and rear rotors. Engine runs strong its primarily suspension etc that i've had to have work done on.
    Last edited by Fistalis; 07-27-2015 at 11:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    06 R/T. 28,5xx miles. Been fairly trouble free. Intermittent window issues (door slam fixes them), drain holes for sunroof plugged and caused a wet floor, replaced broken shifter mechanism with the metal aftermarket piece. Also put new tires on it at 19k, since the factory tires had worn so poorly.
    Bill
    2006 Magnum R/T: http://imgur.com/a/Bqcap
    2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T: http://i.imgur.com/rGaHXIC.jpg
    1968 Cadillac Coupe De Evil: http://imgur.com/a/m7gdR
    1955 Chevy 210 2 Door Sedan: http://imgur.com/a/CfOc6

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Share This Thread