Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's why it is great to live in America. If you want to do something, you can, even if some people don't like it or think it's stupid. Even better.....Here in America if your one of those who doesn't like something or think something is stupid.....Oh well, don't look!!!

PPP stage 3 big valve heads, Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 +4, MMPG stage 1+ ported 6.1 intake & 85mm throttle body, LMI 4" true CAI, MSD "Blaster" coils, JBA headers & mids, Corsa exhaust, Paramount series 55 transmission, "Dominator" torque converter & stage 2 valve body, KW V2 coilovers, Eibach sways, BWoody links, Razorsedge brace, 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD, Wilwood "plus 2" big brake kit by TCE, tuning by Robert Dito of Ditos motors

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the original post was concerning those using OEM badges to "falsely" identify a base car as something it's not. This can easily be argued as deceptive.

All other mods (however strange to us), probably, should be viewed as "personalizations" of their car and not as imposers.

Live and let mod.
    Terry

2005 Magnum RT load runner 2.6: Inertia Motorsports 419 Stroker, Predator Tune: 475rwhp & 465rwtq, Crower Cam, Kook's Headers, 3 inch "Custom" Exhaust, Tunable Induction Intake, NAG1-HTC Tranny, 3.55 Gears, 600hp DSS Half-Shafts, TrueFiber Challenger Hood, Enkei Wheels 18"x9", MT 28.00" / 12.00" x 18" radials on rear, Paneled Rear Side Windows, GoManGo Front Seats, Eibach Springs/Dampers, Wilwood Calipers, Rear Wiper Removed, Billet Technology enhancments.
    2019 Octane Red Charger GT
    1999 Plymouth Prowler (yellow) Prowler Pro #11
    2015 Charger Hellcat #0771

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RT NOMAD View Post
    I believe the original post was concerning those using OEM badges to "falsely" identify a base car as something it's not. This can easily be argued as deceptive.

All other mods (however strange to us), probably, should be viewed as "personalizations" of their car and not as imposers.

Live and let mod.
    Very well said...
    Check Us Out Online & Contact Us @ 1-888-894-1115

Post Thanks / Like
    If it makes you happy to change them badges, then do it, just don't be "that guy" that thinks that when you change your badge to be something you're not, and you drive it like your false badge, someone WILL show you that yours isn't what you think it is. Story: I'm driving home from Walmart after getting groceries (it's a grocery getter afterall!) and I see the Magnum headlights in my rearview. I saw him coming up on me like he was greased lightning, and then as soon as he got next to me he slowed down. He had a Hemi badge on the front fender. He gunned it to be the first to the red light..he won. Noticed the Hemi badge in the back as well and then single exhast pipe with a Rice Burner sound. We both were first at the line and he revd his engine. My girl looked at me and said "show that @^!$! So, I showed him what a true Hemi does and left him behind. I turned left and he sped off all pissed off.

Point is, just don't act like you have something that you don't.
    2006 Brilliant Black R/T RWD

Soon to have/do:
    - Foose Nitrous-Black 22's - 15mm offset (done)
    - Paint match Spoiler and Rear Window Wiper (done)
    - Grill Skull Emblem Mod (done)
    - De-badge/ Moulding removal (done)
    - Black SRT8 Headlamps (done)
    - Shiftboot from 1CoolVMagnum (done)
    - 13% tint on back windows, 22% in front, 5% Windshield Strip (done)

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it when people put HEMI badges on V6's. That way I know what kind of person they are without them even saying a word. Here's your sign.
    R.I.P 05 Maggie RT
    Welcome 05 Z71

CAI, MT's 35's, ProComp 18's, 6" Lift
    06 Harley custom, chopped, dropped and jockied

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryali View Post
    That's awesome moon!! I don't have anything against the 2.7, but I love seeing an SE with $20,000 worth of stick-on chrome, big chrome wheels, stereo equipment, and other wal-mart shelf "aftermarket" accessories. I can't help but think, if you'd spent all that money on one of the HEMI's, you wouldn't need all that random stuff to make a statement. Someone once told me, "You can only polish a turd so much, but it's still a turd"
    interesting view but totally pathetic. your SXT is a few horsepower over being an SE all in all its a slow V6 so I dont think you should be throwing the TURD or the Hemi word around since your V6 can also be considering a turd and you dont own a HEMI... maybe you should listen to your self and save for a hemi......in the end your nothing but a turd polisher (by your own words) rock on with your bad self!!
    Air Bags for people that understand the difference

Post Thanks / Like
    a few years ago I had a 1979 Linc Hearse. I bought Navigator badges and put them on it.
    A lot of people said they didn't know they made Navigators back then.
    I told them it was before they put the "sport" in sport utility.
    Badge changing is fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont get into the whole badge thing but i did take this pic with my phone one day when i was getting out of work but you cant see what it was so i had to try and clear it up...... i was cracking up so hard, man i wish i could of got closer for a better picture

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting viewpoints, I have a Hemi Magnum and a 3.5 in a '97 Intrepid. The Trep is fast for what it is and holds its own in compitition (5th in points last year in E street prepared class autocross against BMWs [they won the higher 4 places], 911, Lotus Elites, Corvettes). Would it spank a Hemi on an open road, not a chance! Do I REALLY enjoy driving it, you bet! All the different models serve the purpose they were intended to. Don't judge a book...... My Trep is still around at 260,000 miles, deal with it! I hope there will be some Magnums at 250,000 miles in a few years to compare notes with! BTW, Maggie is shaved and rear wiper deleted as of last weekend, except of course for the TINY '05 Hemi badges, just couldn't seem to bring myself to pull them off.
    05 Magnum RT 5.7 (Member ALLPAR.com 200,000 mile club) Rockinsrt8 shifter, Hemi reg #164 325,000 miles
    Sidewinder, 6.1 pushrods, springs, underdrive pulley, SRT exhaust (donated by NHDave) headers to tips, all installed by Hemi31! Quaife, certain Pedders bushes installed, SRT Nivomats and Bilsteins. Police rotors and pads. HIR. Predator. LMI.

09 Jeep GC Limited, Hemi powered of course.

1:19 NJMP Lightning
    1:45 Mosport

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a CHALLENGER SXT,dual exhaust, side strips but no R/T or SRT8 badges anywhere. I'm getting SXT badges from Nathan for the front grill next to the script Challenger badge and one for the rear spoiler. I was asked why i did not go with the R/T or SRT8 stripes and badges. My answer was simple. Would you put Volkwagan hub caps on a Cadilac? I agree,that some people do enjoy that for some reason but it's up to them. It's one of those quetions. Do you wear a hat because ot the heat or because it's cold!

Post Thanks / Like
    Semi-related; back when I still had this truck - people used to ask me all the time where I got that big Mercedes emblem for the grille.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8ride View Post
    I have a CHALLENGER SXT,dual exhaust, side strips but no R/T or SRT8 badges anywhere. I'm getting SXT badges from Nathan for the front grill next to the script Challenger badge and one for the rear spoiler. I was asked why i did not go with the R/T or SRT8 stripes and badges. My answer was simple. Would you put Volkwagan hub caps on a Cadilac? I agree,that some people do enjoy that for some reason but it's up to them. It's one of those quetions. Do you wear a hat because ot the heat or because it's cold!

I went the other way, I sport a stealth SXT. You would have to look HARD to notice it is a V6 model as the only outward indication is the blacked out y pipe. But nowhere does it say RT or anything like it.

"
    He is just fast everywhere"
    - FlyByU

Post Thanks / Like
    there is 3 magnums in my small town including me. there is an 07 awd mag rt,my 05 rt and an 06 se. the guy in the se is a complete poser. he has the red rt badges on his ,mysteriously after i got mine and had them for a few months plus a hemi badge on the rear deck.He's ripped off the rear wiper off and left the motor stickin out! has dumb walmart fender vents and of course hes got the single exhaust with the muffler cut off. he sports around town like he's all that ,and i get it magnums rock! but im very proud of my hemi, and for some reason the emblems bother the crap out of me. i would never slap a srt badge on my car for one simple reason,its not a srt. and not bashing se and sxt owners, wouldn't mind owning a v6 cause they seem to be cheaper to insure,and on gas(not by much). We are all part of a big family but sometimes we gotta respect our bigger sibilngs.
    Once you go brilliant black, you never go back!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Share This Thread