Post Thanks / Like

Spartan Plus and Performance heads

Just wanted to say I've had this combo for about a year now and it is awesome! Replaced a Sidewinder with the Spartan Plus last year and I have run both with Inertia's standard performance heads. The Spartan Plus pulls harder from the mids up for sure, but is not as easy to live with in the winter months.
    See signature below for 1/4 mile stats with junk 60' times due to crap tires. A set of good summer rubber or slicks would have this combo into the 12's for sure. Very pleased with Inertia's set up on this! 360 rwp and 381 rwtq using 91 premium. But this setup LOVES ultra 94 premium!!

Here is a video of my Charger on a cold start and idle:
    https://youtu.be/bYlW7kITWsE

I'll try to post up some acceleration vids and such when the weather gets better.

Inertia FTW!

Edit: Link to dyno pull at Authentic Performance during tuning https://youtu.be/na0d4mFT7wg
    Last edited by Velocity; 04-09-2015 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Added another link
    '06 Inferno Charger R/T
    Mopar 6.1 CAI, Inertia Spartan plus cam, Inertia Performance heads .030, 6.1 pulley, 6.1 timing set, 3.07 SRT diff, 180 T-stat, BBK ceramic, Magnaflow mids, JBA exhaust, Inertia/Stu tuned, '13 Superbee 20's, LED tails
    Best 1/4 mile = 13.2 at 108 Mph 2.1 60' 360 RWHP 381 RWTQ on91 octane
    Likes formerice, 300C-hris liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Numbers there!

Ill agree the Spartan max/plus Cam loves better fuel. I have simular setup on my 2005 Chrysler 300Cfor over two years now (almost three) and i have liked it thus far. Only thing i would of changed was getting The Eagle heads ported & polished or even worked in a Vendors set.... Havent been to the track, but i dyno 351hp & 361 Tq.
    05 Chrysler 300C Deep Lava Red` 351/361 after these mods↙
    Inertia Spartan "itty bitty" Max Cam, Eagle Heads & Eagle intake w/spacers, SLP under drive pulley,Polished Air Hammer,ported throttle body, lowered 2.5, SRT FULL exhaust, DGS ground kit,Catch can, 300SRT wheels. Before mods above↖dyno 300hp 345tq with just intake & DSP canned tune!
    Likes Velocity liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Great stuff - thanks for posting your impressions!
    www.inertiamotorsports.com
    www.shop.inertiamotorsports.com
    [email protected]

512-964-7724
    /510-277-4214

Find us on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram: @inertiamotorsports
    5.7L & 6.1L Hemi Registry # 856
    Current Mopars:
    2001 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L 4x4
    Past Mopars:
    2004 Dodge Ram SLT 5.7L HEMI 4x4 - Cam/supercharger/headers
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T - Cam/heads/headers
    2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    2000 Chrysler LHS
    1999 Dodge Intrepid SE

Post Thanks / Like
    I put that cam in my 05 Ram. Once I raised the shift points and installed a 3,000 rpm converter, it's a real hoot! I have it dyno tuned for 93 octane. I also noticed a wee bit of crankiness when it's below 0F. Had a sidewinder in the Ram before, probably a better truck cam, but...
    FRI Sidewinder cam, Dynatec LT Headers , BorlaCatback , 93 octane dyno tune, 333rwhp/350 ft lbs, Police Pack Oil Cooler, SRT 8 Struts and Nivo's ,Hotchkis sway bars,B Woody end links, , 275/40/20 Ventus ST's , 2017 CC Big Horn Ram 4X4 EcoDiesel. Never Trust a Fart

Post Thanks / Like
    They're both great cams and for over all power the Spartan Plus gets the nod for sure, and when the car is warmed up it idles surprisingly smooth. I'm sure if I cared enough I could get the tune tweaked a little better for frigid cold start temperatures as it as originally tuned in May. Just have to giver her a little extra time to get warmed up and it's not a problem. If you don't let it warm up on a cold snowy day however, the stock converter and fast idle at 1100 rpm or so will push you right through stop sign or red light with the ABS chattering away. Have to be ready to throw it in neutral sometimes lol. Again I'm sure there are ways to remedy this it just isn't that big of deal especially since most people remote stat their cars 10-20 minutes early in the winter anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Spartan plus and inertia heads and my numbers are almost identical to yours, I think the only difference between our builds is that I have an Eagle intake manifold. Mine put down 372hp and 381tq on the dyno after tuning. No track times to report though.
    2006 GoManGo Daytona
    Spartan Plus cam, Inertia ported heads, jba shorty headers and high flow cats, Trubendz cat back, MTCM, Mopar 6.1 CAI, 6.1 crank pulley.
    Likes Velocity liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you get your heads milled or are they standard? I'm sure there is a bit more in my combo as far as power goes. When I took the car in last year I was under the impression that I had a leaking exhaust header which was the source of a bad ticking from under the hood. So I drove it like that for a year and half not thinking to much about it. So you can imagine my surprise when instead of a header swap I got pictures of my Sidewinder cam with scored lobes and a shattered lifter. My point being, the car was not in tip top shape as far as the air filter and spark plugs went. They were both past due to be cleaned/changed so I'm sure there are a few extra ponies in there with a fresh "tune up". That kind of got over looked during the tuning process cause I was still kind of gob smacked at having to replace the Sidewinder and lifter set....and headers too damn it, cause that's what I was expecting to do in the first place!! Lol. It all worked well as I really do like Spartan plus cam and there was not other damage to the engine other than cam and lifters.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had bought the spartan plus for the Magnum, but when a lifter failed in the Ram, I went with what I had. BTW , back in 2008 I sold the Ram to a guy in upstate NY. After 2 years and over 30,000 miles, I convinced him to sell it back. The dip$hit never changed the oil, or even checked it. You will like a higher stall, I think, and I presume that you raised shift points. My Ram shifts at 6300, seems about perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep shifts are set to 6400 and the governor is set to 6550. You'll never hit limp mode with it set that way. For years I told myself "No converter, converters break things", well that argument is getting old lol. I'm a ways off getting a converter but it's certainly on the to do list. 30,000 and no oil change?? Yikes! One of my friends from years back was rather ignorant when it came to oil changes as well. He drove around for 5 months with the oil light on, couldn't figure out why. One night I decide to check his oil level for him. What oil? Wasn't even enough to wet the dipstick. So I throw a couple of liters of whatever I had kicking around, anything was better than nothing. I asked him if he ever checks his oil level? He said, "I put oil in it every couple of days." I thought, "Jeez your burning oil or leaking oil that bad that you have to add it daily?" Well no, this guy though that gas and oil were one in the same. He figured gas is made from oil therefore whenever you refuel you're adding fresh oil. So I kindly educated him on the difference and sent him on his way. Later that night he blew the engine in his Supra while racing some guy on the 401. I asked him later why he didn't top up the oil before he started tromping on the gas pedal? Well I had put a couple of liters in it earlier that night...right so that was about 3 out 6 liters. He now abuses a KIA so good for him. Some people...

Post Thanks / Like
    Still running strong!

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the early Chargers!

Share This Thread