Modern Muscle Performance Group

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like
    I pulled the rear end out yesterday and did a test fit of the Dana 60. The perch mounts were close enough I pushed the springs out and bolted it together. I have gas tank clearance which I was concerned about.

I'm trying to figure out what rims to order. The fronts are the issue with having a 15x6 with a 5" back space. I have a few options outside of Draglites which they would fit the best as the better backspace and width options.

Might drop the transmission this weekend, I'm waiting on a selective spacer and the transmission can be completed Also torque converter has not shipped yet.. Lucky I work with someone who has the tool to measure the intermediate shaft end play, transmission had the wrong spacer. I need the transmision in to check pinion angle. Then I can weld the new perch mounts and order a drive shaft.

Post Thanks / Like
    How far off were the springs? I would worry about them binding.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to weld new perch mounts once the transmission is in. I cannot accurately measure pinion angle right now as I need to fab a transmission mount and new one is 8" longer.
    I had to push them out about an inch.
    Likes DBL.DWN liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have test fit the 46rh 2 times now. It's a tight squeeze. Working on the transmission mount and shifter linkage.
    Passenger side header is an issue, will have to live with it for now, a dent will not get enough clearance to be able to remove the Trans pan if necessary.

Because I cannot remove a header I have to stand it on its side to jack it up between the headers then roll it.

Driveshaft will be 61 inches, will have to see what the driveshaft shop says for what I need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice!
    Wish i was making progress with mine .

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting a little more done. I cut off the old perch mounts and put it back in the truck. I made some shock brackets as well. Driveshaft should be done Monday or Tuesday. I had a local shop make me one. I bought a yoke to measure length, going 1350 u joints on both ends. Changed the rear end yoke as well. Going to be a 3.5" 60 3/4" long steel. I have my new rims and rear tires as well, will take a pic when I test fit them. Rear should be ok, front will end up sticking out more than I want. I did not have many options, was going to go steel rims but aluminum were cheaper and available, alot of rims are months out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my driveshaft and wheels done today. I'm going to have to lower the engine a bit to correct my front driveshaft angle. Transmission is 5.5 down, driveshaft 2.3 down. I will try to raise the transmission first to see effect on the angle but it is close to the floor. I wanted to lower the truck, that would make things worse. I want to get the front angle closer to 2. 1-3 is safe, I will be pushing the limits of driveshaft speed so i want to correct it. Pinion end can be set whatever I want so its not an issue. Moving the engine angle maybe have an effect on exhaust fitment, may have to hack it a bit. I have some thinking to do

Test fit of my new wheels, back clear good, will have room for the wider drag radial with a 4" back space. front are not too bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome. Keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work keep at it. Things will work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    13 Durango R/T
    13 M6 Challenger R/T
    02 M5 Dakota QC Sport
    91 TKO 600 Dakota CC
    63 Dart 3 on da Tree

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456