Modern Muscle Performance Group

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had it running for 15-20 min today. I'm going to concentrate on getting it ready to drive now. It runs good, no leaks, everything works. I'm fighting the iac a bit, must need its parameters changed a bit. I'm using a ford 2 wire pwm, it was the easiest way with the stock drive by wire throttle body.

Now that the tune is happier at idle the engine is really quiet. I'm going to work on putting the truck back together and going over the brakes. Should be driving sometime in june.
    Likes DBL.DWN liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really close to finished. Having an issue with the brakes, front are sticking. They are holding pressure when you get off the brakes. It has new calipers and flex lines, if I crack the bleeder or even the line at the flex line they release. I'm waiting for a master cylinder. I wanted to eliminate the factory proportioning valve and replace with an adjustable anyway so might run new lines.

I picked up a 46rh transmission for the future. I decided it was the best route so I do not have to modify headers and run a big computer to go 8 speed. They make a small programmable computer to run overdrive and lockup.
    I can rebuild 727's so its just learning the overdrive unit. Just have to decide on rear end. Its looking like the rest of the drivetrain will be next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    For a rear diff I’m sure you can find 9.25’s at the recking yards fairly cheap. If you grab something from 03/04 they will come with rear disc brakes that are fairly good as well. Nice work on this build. I’ve considered doing something similar in my 02 Dak. Times have changed and I’ll be going full race with a Gen3 Hemi in my Race Dak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    13 Durango R/T
    13 M6 Challenger R/T
    02 M5 Dakota QC Sport
    91 TKO 600 Dakota CC
    63 Dart 3 on da Tree

Post Thanks / Like
    X2 on 03+ rears. I put one in my 01 bc it has disk brake and 3.91 ratio. I also out a auto locker in it. Fun combo. It’s for sale now tho bc I have a dana60 going in.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Likes 91DakBuilder liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was not impressed with the 9 1/4 in my 03 dak. Posi was too grabby around corners then it broke it. Carrier is not rebuildable.
    I have 5 bolt so it's either 8.8 or I do have a B body dana 60 with 4.10 track lock and strange 35 spline axles. Its 2 inches narrow which is fine.

I'm close to having the air conditioning done. Just need some different angle fittings. I welded Male fittings to a factory condenser.

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally drove it today. It runs good. Was a short 10 min drive. Going to have to go out in the country and get some tuning through the rpm range and throttle positions. I might need to get it on a chassis dyno for that.

So far its close to what I was after, quiet, smooth and lots of power. Brakes will take a bit to get used to, I have not had a manual brake car in 10 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    I spent a lot of time trying to tune in gear idle. The torque converter drags the engine down alot.
    The iac was going nuts trying to fix it. I had to set idle and iac position with it in gear and let it idle higher in park, so
    No control in park except idle screw. I would have iac position at 5% then in gear would be 85% then would surge because it could not raise
    Rpm, it also uses timing so that would jump +,- 10 degrees.

I thought the V6 converter would be loose behind this engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ended up converting it over to power brakes. I used a setup for a 1990 3/4 ton dodge. It has a 9 1/4" vacuum booster. It took a bit of modifying to get it to bolt in and work. The brakes are awesome now and maybe a little touchy as I had to increase pedal ratio to straighten out the angle of the pedal push rod.

I'm having a hard time trying to get it to tune wide open throttle, it has 3.23 open rear. First gear will do over 60mph but has no traction anywhere once near full throttle. I'm trying to not load it up to much in higher gears cause I figure a full throttle down shift will hurt the transmission.

It runs and drives really good. I do not have a tach so I always think its stalled when coming to a stop as I cannot hear it or feel it running.

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to see if these pics will load. I can post all the pics again now photobucket is not free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234