Post Thanks / Like

2018 Challenger SP to HC build

So im starting with my 2018 indigo blue challenger. I was thinking about building the 392 but want to do a little something different. Im looking at purchasing a wrecked HC at a auction and transplanting the 6.2 into my SP. I want to keep the RT hood and bumper and everything else. Then ill do a few mods from there. Besides the motor, ECU, wiring harness, gauge cluster, boost pump, supercharger coolant bottle. Please dont say it would be cheaper to trade it in and stuff like that. This is the direction I want to go so im set in that. What else would I need to make this work? Here are a few pics and sorry for the dirty car its been raining every other day. Day 1 tint, Pinstripe removal and mid muffler delete, No drill plate bracket Last week HR5's with 275 and 315 az850's, Sidemarker tint, Black fuel door, Evil bee badge
    Last edited by Ivey_usmc; 03-10-2019 at 07:35 AM.
    Semper Fi!
    Thanks ronan978 thanked for this post
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a fun build !!!! Good luck , we’ll all be watching/waiting.
    Personally I would never tell you to go buy a cat , I say BUILD IT !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Ivey_usmc thanked for this post
    Likes Ivey_usmc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate it. Your one of the 1st.

Post Thanks / Like
    The HC hood is an imperative. It is designed with two additional holes as heat extractors. That supercharger generates a lot of its own heat and it needs to go somewhere.

The bumper is also integral to the HC, as the fog light openings act as inlet ducts to cool the oil and trans coolers that are right behind them. This is why HC's don't have fogs. No place for them.

Of course, if you're running the external HC coolers, you'll need new front wheel well liners and all the plastic diverter duct work unique to the HC front bumper. The liners have screened openings in them, to allow air to extract from the coolers, and the duct and diverter parts direct air to the coolers and the intercooler. Very important...

You're going to want to upgrade the brakes to the 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rears... but that's only part of the stopping story.

Below triple digit speeds, the HC non-sequential trans dumps gears and acts as an engine brake, under aggressive stopping conditions (like a manual shift would). So... are you upgrading the trans, too?

These are my initial thoughts...

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    Last edited by diboblo; 03-10-2019 at 10:42 AM.
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bob, Ill have a wrecked donor HC to get parts from. Most have front end damage but I would like to find one hit in the rear or something. Ill be able to get the trans, full wiring harness and everything out. I was thinking about fabbing a bracket on either side and pulling the coolers partially into a modified brake duct where it redirects some air but does not take away from the brakes.The rt hood has 2 functional air inlets in the top. Do you think that would be enough for the blower?As far as the brakes ill get them from the donor car but would like to stick with the 4 pistons. The only difference is with the 6 pistons your stopping distance is a little shorter and they are not as susceptible to brake fade from my understanding.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm coming from a 600hp 06 SRT Charger and I can tell you that the 6 piston Brembos are far superior, to the 4 piston version.

No fade issues, with OEM pads. Just installed Centric two piece front rotors and one piece rears, with Powerstop Z26 pads, all around. No stopping issues, with the CF/ceramic compound, either, on my 15 Hellcat.

The additional 2 holes, in the HC hood, are for heat EXTRACTION. The center scoop is air inlet. The design of the hood, creates a low pressure area, above the two additional holes and heat flows from the engine compartment, through them.

I'm not saying it won't work, if you can get that air, from the RT hood, down on the SC, but that thing generates a lot of heat, on its own. It's not about mitigating heat soak, from the engine, to the SC, in this case.

The relocation of the coolers is intriguing. It's all doable.

Looking forward to watching the build progress.

Bob

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh ok I see what you mean on the hood. Ill look into that. I want to build a modern sleeper lolIll keep this post updated as I build. Doing a lot more research before I pull the trigger on this. I appreciate your advise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Met a guy in S. Florida at a car show, took a 06 Magnum and did a full Hellcat conversion and I mean full, inside and out, as if MOPAR made a modern day Hellcat Magnum. Extremely impressed. It's amazing the dimensions haven't changed that much, dash, console, steering, literally everthing worked from Hellcat. Something I'd love to do.
    Good luck
    2013 Chrysler 300S, 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force with 2.75 pulley, fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans built by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. LG aluminum rad. Dual SRT fans. Complete 4 piston Brembo upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m going to have to say no to the 6pot brakes , there just a heavier unneeded brake system unless you are road coursing the car. The hp70, especially in track mode absolutely downshifts and engine brakes the car as well, but a built paramount hp70 would be your answer to handle the power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    Met a guy in S. Florida at a car show, took a 06 Magnum and did a full Hellcat conversion and I mean full, inside and out, as if MOPAR made a modern day Hellcat Magnum. Extremely impressed. It's amazing the dimensions haven't changed that much, dash, console, steering, literally everthing worked from Hellcat. Something I'd love to do.
    Good luck
    That sounds like a slick set up. I always wanted to build a magnum. They are sharp when done up.