Post Thanks / Like

Active Exhaust Delete - rattles?

So I'm testing out the kit from Red-E Power and it's a great kit but I've noticed on cold starts there is a rattle in the exhaust now. I've taken them apart and put them back together to make sure it's not the kit causing it. When it's a warm start I don't hear it at all, now I never heard this before adding the kit so I'm thinking it's something with the valves being locked in place causes them to rattle.

Anyone experience the same thing with any of the other AED kits? If so, is your exhaust stock or did you change the mid mufflers?
    2017 Pitch Black Charger Scat Pack 392
    20% tint, Billet Technologies Matte Black Catch Can, LED interior lighting, ZL1 Rock Guards, K&N drop in filter, MaxBeam Smoked LED side markers

Post Thanks / Like
    My money is on a broken AEV spring, not the kit. Just my $0.02

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    My money is on a broken AEV spring, not the kit. Just my $0.02

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Both of the springs are nice and tight. Rattles from both sides too. I'm tempted to pull the kit off and see if that gets rid of it. It's possible the backing plate isn't keeping the valve tight enough too but it's hard to tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would agree with punisher69 just from my experience, I had a squeaking sound coming from my exhaust it literally sounding like the suspension. So took it in dealer says everything is ok as always etc.....few days later squeaking comes back now I hear it when car is idling so now I know its exhaust cause I hear it from right passenger rear bumper area when running. Long story short too it back to shop who did mid muffler delete they put in air and true enough it was my right active exhaust valve when it was trying to open or close making that sound, dealership had to replace the whole exhaust system smh at least under warranty lol
    Last edited by GreenGoScat392; 09-12-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    17" Green Go Charger Scat Pack 20% Tint, Brass Monkey Hellcat reps, Mid Muffler delete, Luxe tail light kit, Green billet oil catch can, Red Reflective 392 Hemi badge, Zdatt 6k Led headlights

Post Thanks / Like
    I grabbed a video. I added some red n tacky grease to the only moving part in the kit and that didn't fix it. Like I said though, it's only on the first start of the day when the exhaust is cold. When it's warmed up it's fine.

Active exhaust rattle - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad you posted that video, honestly I heard that sound on plenty previous cars I own and I may be wrong but honestly it sounds like your exhaust it vibrating against another piece of metal or something touching it to cause that tone, that's why you only hear it on that first start that's when our exhaust is rumbling heavy and moving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoScat392 View Post
    I'm glad you posted that video, honestly I heard that sound on plenty previous cars I own and I may be wrong but honestly it sounds like your exhaust it vibrating against another piece of metal or something touching it to cause that tone, that's why you only hear it on that first start that's when our exhaust is rumbling heavy and moving.
    Yeah, I added the red and tacky grease to the only moving part of the AED kit but it still makes the noise. I'm probably going to pull it apart one more time and try to grease the old spring seat. If that doesn't work I'm going to just get rid of the kit. It's well made but that sounds like garbage.

I was curious if anyone with the MFER1 had the same issue. The might not have made the locking piece wide enough.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk