Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    MX+. Pretty sure I tried response time, but don’t think I tried 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Challytatum View Post
    I don't think it works on newer models like the 2015+ challengers. That said a guy on the HP tuners forum tried for 2 years to re-initialize his ABS module on his jeep only to find out the bypass cable he was using was the problem. Alfa has on their site recommended interfaces as well. If you are using all the recommended interfaces/bypass and still does not work then the feature does not work on that model.
    I figured this could be the case, however theres a thread in another group where someone did a cluster swap on a 15 Charger and it worked. Can’t seem to get an answer there lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like this guy is making progress on hacking the cluster.Odometer updating | Dodge Challenger Forum

Post Thanks / Like
    So I am trying to connect to the Uconnect radio VP4 and can never get a connection. It prompts to make sure I have the blue adapter connected but I thought that was only needed for LX and SX versions and not MX/MX+ (per instruction on alfa site)? Now in the set-up menu there is a "use blue adapter for OBDlink MX in case of issues connecting to middle speed bus". If I select that do I still need to run a blue adapter or does activating the switch do it internally on the MX?

Ah, found the answer in the help menu:

The "Use Blue adapter with OBDLink MX" option can be of help if the connection to a middle-speed CAN bus unit fails. Normally the OBDLink MX/MX+ interface can connect to the middle-speed CAN bus units directly, without the adapter. Sometimes this direct connection is not successful, in this case activate the option and connect the Blue adapter.
    Last edited by Challytatum; 05-23-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I am trying to connect to the Uconnect radio VP4 and can never get a connection. It prompts to make sure I have the blue adapter connected but I thought that was only needed for LX and SX versions and not MX/MX+ (per instruction on alfa site)? Now in the set-up menu there is a "use blue adapter for OBDlink MX in case of issues connecting to middle speed bus". If I select that do I still need to run a blue adapter or does activating the switch do it internally on the MX?
    Should force an internal switch. I've seen my MX flash the blue adapter message, when connecting to my radio... then it connects. Like, it had to think about it, then it made the connection, internally.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I checked the help file and you use that switch so you can connect the interface through a blue adapter. If you leave the box unchecked then obdlink mx will try to make the connection directly but if that does not work you can try using a physical blue cable but the box must be checked. Now I need to dig up my obd pass through cables to see if I can make my own adapter.

Update: I don't know if it was because I used my phone or because I maxed out the interface timeout settings but I was able to read the radio. Nothing terribly interesting but when I read the status it showed X65 subscription suspended...not sure if the is performance pages or XM radio related?
    Last edited by Challytatum; 05-24-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    Likes diboblo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco NY View Post
    Man, I wish I didnt even try to fix my mileage on my cluster. Now I'm determined and no matter what I do it wont take. Even tried with a Fire 7 tablet.
    So I am helping a member on the CT forum trying to hack a 2015 RT cluster (I have a 2015 RT+ manual challenger) so he can install it in his 70s celica. I have been using a seeed canbus V2 shield to collect data. He is trying to figure how to get the mileage to update so I took a log of with KOEO and then another log with KOEO but used alfaOBD (used my cellphone app) with obdlink connected to the bypass in the trunk to update the mileage by 6 miles. Anyways I heard a chime and the continental logo popped up for several seconds, the display went black and then restarted. Next thing I know the mileage is completely different to what I set it to...I was like how the heck did that happen?! I think it might have pulled it from the PCM which had a mismatch to the odometer when I swapped it with an unlocked one (the PCM has 4 different recorded mileages when you take a read of it with alfa). Anyways, it looks like this mileage correction somewhat works. Now I got to figure how to get the mileage back to what it originally displayed. I don't ever plan on selling the car but I want it back to the original displayed mileage so there are no issues with emissions testing.
    Last edited by Challytatum; 06-09-2020 at 10:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I am helping a member on the CT forum trying to hack a 2015 RT cluster (I have a 2015 RT+ manual challenger) so he can install it in his 70s celica. I have been using a seeed canbus V2 shield to collect data. He is trying to figure how to get the mileage to update so I took a log of with KOEO and then another log with KOEO but used alfaOBD (used my cellphone app) with obdlink connected to the bypass in the trunk to update the mileage by 6 miles. Anyways I heard a chime and the continental logo popped up for several seconds, the display went black and then restarted. Next think I know the mileage is completely different to what I set it to...I was like how the heck did that happen?! I think it might have pulled it from the PCM which had a mismatch to the odometer when I swapped it with an unlocked one (the PCM has 4 different recorded mileages when you take a read of it with alfa). Anyways, it looks like this mileage correction somewhat works. Now I got to figure how to get the mileage back to what it originally displayed. I don't ever plan on selling the car but I want it back to the original displayed mileage so there are no issues with emissions testing.
    A member on the RAM forum finally got his mileage to work, using a computer, right next to the truck.

I think the issue is bus speed. I dont think the phones can keep up with the car bus speeds.

Check it out:

Bob

LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried to change the mileage back and it just bumped up by 6 miles. I have a notepad running windows with alfa on it and will give it a try. Unless it is the bluetooth link that slows things down. I know that the ELM and even OBDlink STN chipset are not fast enough to log can bus data as the buffer fills up quick. Hence why I switched to a can bus shield.
    Last edited by Challytatum; 06-07-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried to change the mileage back and it just bumped up by 6 miles. I have a notepad running windows with alfa on it and will give it a try. Unless it is the bluetooth link that slows things down. I know that the ELM and even OBDlink STN chipset are not fast enough to log can bus data as the buffer fills up quick. Hence why I switched to a can bus shield.
    Maybe a wired OBD to usb solution?

I use the OBDLink MX and have had no issues... even connecting to the radio. Samsung S8+.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diboblo View Post
    Maybe a wired OBD to usb solution?

I use the OBDLink MX and have had no issues... even connecting to the radio. Samsung S8+.

Bob

Logging pids the MX (I have the MX+) has no issue but when I try to sniff the bus it overloads the buffer. I used Realterm and these commands found in the 4th to last link here
    Odometer updating | Page 5 | Dodge Challenger Forum
    to try a can bus sniff and it grabs a few data lines and stops due to buffer overflow.

Going to the garage to try it with the notebook now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Reading over on the Ran forums, guys have gotten it to work with a fire 7 tablet. Mine does not. I considered trying the PC, but I don’t want to spend another 50 bucks if that isn’t the solution.

ive tried a galaxy note 3 and a fire 7 tablet both with an Mx plus

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it with my PC just now and same thing with the phone. Although the correction with the PC was very quick compared to the samsung phone (BTW alfa offers discounts on multiple software you just need to email them). Basically what is happening is after entering the mileage correction the mileage that appears is almost 11,000 miles lower.

Here is what happened, the OD was originally showing 29274 (the correct mileage), so I changed it to 29280 which changed the reading to 18193. Then I tried changing it back to 29274 but it updated to 18189. Now the PCM shows ~25640 in locations 0,1,2,3 (whatever that means). Kinda weird.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it with my PC just now and same thing with the phone. Although the correction with the PC was very quick compared to the samsung phone (BTW alfa offers discounts on multiple software you just need to email them). Basically what is happening is after entering the mileage correction the mileage that appears is almost 11,000 miles lower.

Here is what happened, the OD was originally showing 29274 (the correct mileage), so I changed it to 29280 which changed the reading to 18193. Then I tried changing it back to 29274 but it updated to 18189. Now the PCM shows ~25640 in locations 0,1,2,3 (whatever that means). Kinda weird.
    That IS weird.

Also, on the Ram Forums Alfa thread, they mentioned changing mileage in Kilometers seemed to work for correct mileage.

You'd have to search the thread, but it was like a month ago I remember seeing that.

AlfaOBD | DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah! Could that be it?? 29274 km is 18190 miles! So you need to enter in km not miles...going to try it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah! Could that be it?? 29274 km is 18190 miles! So you need to enter in km not miles...going to try it!!
    Keep us posted.

Bob

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast