Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 82
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    N. GA
    Posts
    221
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys, please be on the lookout for someone with a 2011-2014 police charger having AlfaOBD. I want a complete backup file copy from one.

    I want to compare the police lighting feature to my non-police.
    I want to see where the diff's are. I want that cluster thumb wheel control they have to blackout the cluster. If you enable police lighting feature it disables electric locks and trunk. I'm hoping we can dissect the different inputs.

    Thanks



  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    u can see here what mean light show Dodge Charger Scat Pack Tazer Light Show - YouTube

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    3,756
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by saiftech View Post
    u can see here what mean light show Dodge Charger Scat Pack Tazer Light Show - YouTube
    Like Bob said, you cannot activate the light show with Alpha, you need a Tazer to do that.

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Riverside, California
    Posts
    4,384
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the deal...

    Alfa can run diagnostics, on the network. This means, not only can it read status, but it can operate components. In this case, lights.

    The Tazer exploits this architecture by executing a string of commands to the lights that they call the "light show".

    So, just to be clear, there is no "light show" hiding in the cars computer, waiting to be unlocked It's just an executable the Tazer runs, on the CANBUS network.

    Hope this helps.





    Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

    http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies


  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks friend i understand .

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have a backup of their charger (preferably 2014+) that has adaptive cruise control with stop and go they can send me? Trying to see what needs to be enabled if all the sensors were installed on a vehicle that didn't come with it.
    Likes WantOne liked this post

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Riverside, California
    Posts
    4,384
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just installed a MyGig in a 2015 Jeep JK.

    Installed aftermarket backup camera.

    Used Alfa to enable rear camera.

    Works like a charm.

    Steps:

    JEEP
    WRANGLER/WRANGLER UNLIMITED (JK)
    BODY COMPUTER
    SELECT CONTROL UNIT
    MY2008-17 Non-Powernet



    CAR CONFIGURATION CHANGE



    VEHICLE CONFIG 2: REAR CAMERA PRESENT



    SELECT VALUE
    SET



    Let's Mod!




    Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to post the changes I made on my 2019 300S V8 w/ 8.4 Nav Uconnect.

    Enabled Performace Pages
    Enabled Super Track Pack (Not SRT mode since you will lose sport mode)
    Enabled Global Windows Down
    Disabled DRL Dropout when using turn signals
    Disabled Fog Light Dropout when using high beams
    Likes diboblo liked this post

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interested in this software, but have a few questions.

    What capabilities does it have with the older LX cars? 2005-2010 or so?

    Is it comparable, better or worse than appcar FCA?

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diboblo View Post
    This is a tutorial on how to enable front windows down with FOB unlock button.

    Video:
    https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_p...u35mw4_720.mp4

    Supposedly, this feature was cancelled in 2013, but Alfa can bring it back!

    The command, with the FOB, is UNLOCK/UNLOCK-HOLD. That is to say, press the UNLOCK button once, then a second time and hold it down. The windows will roll down as long as you hold the button.

    I won't go over saving your BCM flash. That will be in the first post. It's also in the DRL post, above.

    Launch AlfaOBD and choose DODGE/RAM, CHRYSLER, or JEEP. Click the bluetooth button and select your bluetooth OBD client, from the list.

    Select your vehicle.

    Select BODY COMPUTER.



    Tap SELECT CONTROL UNIT and choose your MY Powernet.



    Click CONNECT.



    Click SELECT PRICEDURE TO START



    From the drop down, select CAR CONFIGURATION CHANGE.



    Click SELECT OPTION.



    Scroll down to DOORS - GLOBAL WINDOWS DOWN.



    Select YES and click START once. In the information box, at the top, the current car configuration will appear. It will tell you if your car is set YES, or NO, or whatever variable you can choose from.

    Click CONTINUE and wait. Alfa will tell you something like PROCEDURE COMPLETE and you can close the program and turn off the key, or push the start button to the OFF position.

    Remove your OBD client.

    Grab your FOB and try it out!

    Enjoy!

    NOTE: GLOBAL UP has not been figured out, yet. If you do figure this out, please post it up. Even if selected YES, the windows will not roll back up. If you have a pre 13 LX, what is the FOB routine, to roll the windows back up? Maybe it does work and we just don't know the windows up dance


    Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]

    What MY Powernet i need to select?
    Capture.jpg

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Riverside, California
    Posts
    4,384
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin_24 View Post
    What MY Powernet i need to select?
    Capture.jpg
    What year is your car?

    It would be the one that best matches your MY.


    Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Riverside, California
    Posts
    4,384
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Radius118 View Post
    Interested in this software, but have a few questions.

    What capabilities does it have with the older LX cars? 2005-2010 or so?

    Is it comparable, better or worse than appcar FCA?
    From Alfaobd.com:

    AlfaOBD is a software for the diagnostics of the vehicles produced by*Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) group. Fiat / Alfa Romeo / Lancia cars produced in 1994-2017, and Chrysler / Dodge / Ram / Jeep cars of model years 2005-2017*are supported. Although*the software*is primarily targeted for car owners, it provides*many of the features of the professional scanners.

    AlfaOBD natively supports Electronic Control Units (ECU)*installed on the FCA group vehicles. The native support differs AlfaOBD from many other diagnostic applications providing the OBD II generic support which*only provides*the access to the engine and transmission modules.

    AlfaOBD is supported on the*Windows PC and Android*devices.



    Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diboblo View Post
    From Alfaobd.com:

    AlfaOBD is a software for the diagnostics of the vehicles produced by*Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) group. Fiat / Alfa Romeo / Lancia cars produced in 1994-2017, and Chrysler / Dodge / Ram / Jeep cars of model years 2005-2017
    Hi Bob,

    Yes I read that. I suppose I could have worded my question a little better.

    Does it have the same capabilities - as far as adding options, modifying options, etc, with the older LX cars as it does with the newer units?

    From my reading it appears that most people with the older LX cars are using appcar FCA and not Alfaobd.

    I want to be able to add certain options to my Magnum from a 300 I am parting out. Specifically the memory recall function which should include the seats, mirrors and power tele/tilt column, the reverse parking sensor system, the rain sensing wiper system, etc. I am aware I will have to add the actual hardware and wiring to the Magnum, but after that there is the matter of adding the modules to the canbus and/or programming other modules to enable these features. This is what I am interested in using either appcar or alfaobd for. I have a clone Micropod 2 with WiTech for diagnostic purposes but otherwise it's rather limited.

    Michael

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Riverside, California
    Posts
    4,384
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Radius118 View Post
    Hi Bob,

    Yes I read that. I suppose I could have worded my question a little better.

    Does it have the same capabilities - as far as adding options, modifying options, etc, with the older LX cars as it does with the newer units?

    From my reading it appears that most people with the older LX cars are using appcar FCA and not Alfaobd.

    I want to be able to add certain options to my Magnum from a 300 I am parting out. Specifically the memory recall function which should include the seats, mirrors and power tele/tilt column, the reverse parking sensor system, the rain sensing wiper system, etc. I am aware I will have to add the actual hardware and wiring to the Magnum, but after that there is the matter of adding the modules to the canbus and/or programming other modules to enable these features. This is what I am interested in using either appcar or alfaobd for. I have a clone Micropod 2 with WiTech for diagnostic purposes but otherwise it's rather limited.

    Michael
    Just about all of the things you are looking for, can be enabled. The only limitation is what is already in your BCM, or ECM.

    Alfa does not write to the BCM, per se. It allows one to enable sales codes that already exist, in their cabin configuration. Turn stuff on and off, that exists in nature.

    It's not a tuner, that can write to and add to the BCM.

    I don't know anything about APPCar, but I looked into it, before I bought Alfa. For me, Alfa was the way to go. I have a Hellcat Charger, so damn near everything was selected, but there is still some tweaking I want to do, so Alfa is my app.

    You can download a free version of Alfa, from the play store, to play with. This way, you can select your mod yeat and see what options are available. Then, you can connect to your car, for 15 minutes, at a time, and download your BCM settings.

    There is an app called Notepad++ that allows you to view the BCM content in a more organized manner, than what spews out to Google Drive. Refer to the Ram Forum thread I linked to, in post 1. The first post in that thread will tell you how to download your BCM and the best way to view it.

    Hope this helps.


    Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by td1042k View Post
    Just wanted to post the changes I made on my 2019 300S V8 w/ 8.4 Nav Uconnect.

    Enabled Performace Pages
    Enabled Super Track Pack (Not SRT mode since you will lose sport mode)
    Enabled Global Windows Down
    Disabled DRL Dropout when using turn signals
    Disabled Fog Light Dropout when using high beams
    Did you activate your trial Uconnect Service? I'm not sure if the radio plays nice with the performance pages app once you have activated the free trial. I did it and my radio lost some features......PM me for more info if needed

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •