Post Thanks / Like

Custom Lighted Trunk Logo

Well... while poking around the trunk, it struck me that it could use a little something special.

I decided on a custom Hellcat logo light.

I ordered a set of HC door puddle lights and fabricated a bracket, out of aluminum. The lights say they will burn out after 5 minutes of play, and the trunk lights stay on longer than that.

At my shop, I built a small timer circuit, triggered by a 12 volt input, that would run for 2 minutes. Works like a charm.

When the trunk opens, the light turns on and remains for the 2 minute duration, or turns off, when the power source is removed.

It installs with an existing push pin, through the bracket. Removing one push pin, in that little niche, in the center of the upper trunk liner, allowed me to feed the power wires down to the driver side trunk light, without having to modify anything. 100% plug and play Custom Lighted Trunk Logo

Check it out:

What do you think?

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    That's bad ass Bob!

Galactus hungers...
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360
    Thanks diboblo thanked for this post
    Likes diboblo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bad ass doesn't even cover it!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes Tikibeast, diboblo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not one that normally goes for add ons like this but I must say, that is pretty slick. Looks great. Good job.
    What did you use for a timer circuit?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    I’m not one that normally goes for add ons like this but I must say, that is pretty slick. Looks great. Good job.
    What did you use for a timer circuit?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Thanks!

It's a 555 based timer.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the positive feedback, guys!

I've had a number of requests for kits and which logos I can do.

I'm just using an off the shelf puddle light, from Mr. Kustom. The rest is a timer circuit I built and a bracket I made.

If you want a kit, cost would be $100, shipped.

We would have to work it out on a case by case basis, since the custom part (the light), is out of my control.

This being said... I'm cool with offering these, as long as you keep in mind a 2 week turn time. The lights are just too expensive to stock, so I'd have to order and build.

Lemme know.

Glad you guys like it

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diboblo View Post
    ...The lights say they will burn out after 5 minutes of play, and the trunk lights stay on longer than that...
    That looks very sweet! but WTF kind of light would burn out after 5 minutes?! Sounds like crap quality there, no? I'd mod the light itself with an led or something?!
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarusLSC View Post
    That looks very sweet! but WTF kind of light would burn out after 5 minutes?! Sounds like crap quality there, no? I'd mod the light itself with an led or something?!
    It's not the light, but the artwork film.

Think of an old movie projector... when it stopped too long, the film would burn up.

He uses a 10 watt micro cob led, in a confined space. Cool design...

Anyway, my timer works like a charm, for this application.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh that makes sense now. Surprised they couldn't come up with anything more durable though.
    It does look awesome

Post Thanks / Like
    Nicely done!
    2016 Charger SRT TorRed Best: ET 12.70, MPH 112.30 (DA 2446ft.), 60ft. (1.95 radials), Standing: 1.0 mile 160mph, 1.5 miles 170mph (let off to not exceed class limit of 170mph)
    AFE CAI, BBK 85mm, 180*, Diablotoona custom tune 91Oct.

2008 Caliber SRT4 Inferno Red - SOLD [email protected] (2.327 60 ft.) MS1K v.2, MPx catted DP, K&N drop-in, NGK plugs, RT 180, Mopar hitch, new short block @ 82,000
    2007 300C SRT8 Inferno Red - SOLD [email protected] (2.003 60 ft.) AFE CAI, Predator 93 CAI, Magnaflow gutted high-flow cats, Stack intake spacer, BBK 85mm TB, JET 188, Proxes 4 275/40ZR20