Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 77
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jarrell, TX
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anguish View Post
    The average tone is significantly more entitled and elitist there. Having been a member of multiple LX forums for over a decade, it's been a culture shock. People seem more reasonable here.
    Don't own a Hellcat so I don't go over there.

    Sent via Tapatalk
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site



  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
    I was put in Facebook Jail shortly for Saying "White Trash" Wasn't towards anyone or anything. Someone else posted and said they got jailed for saying it. I didn't believe it. So I just replied to there comment with "White trash, White trash White trash"...Sure enough 30min later. Was locked out of making any new comments or posting for 24hrs. If that's the Standard. The News Channels that job on Stores like that Catholic Kid with the MAGA Hat and smear a kids name and plaster his name and face all over Social Media should be banned and fined. I'm hoping that kid wins his Law suit. The way the country is divided now. Many new jobs may not hire him b/c of that.
    Moderators who work for facebook have taken their own lives after not being able to deal with some of horrific stuff that has been posted...that they discovered and had to remove. If you let your mind wonder...could you imagine having to take down suicides, murders, children in....in...I'm not going to go there :^( yet FB executives are trying hard to marginalize / sweep it under the rug.

    The racial slurs, hate, you name it, its on there. Its disgusting. As far as that dumbazz kid goes, he is as much to blame. WTF is he and many other students on a frick'in bible trip doing with MAGA hats on anyways?


    Quote Originally Posted by Anguish View Post
    The average tone is significantly more entitled and elitist there. Having been a member of multiple LX forums for over a decade, it's been a culture shock. People seem more reasonable here.
    Ah, interesting...thanks.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 03-10-2019 at 10:51 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

    Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not on Facebook, no intention of ever being there either. If that means I miss out then so be it. I'd rather miss out then cow tow to the Facebook Gods and have to watch every damn thing I post! I wouldn't get along very good on Facebook either as I do not subscribe to the mass group think that they demand of their members. NPC I most certainly AM NOT!
    Likes Zodiac, ChuckWagon liked this post

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jarrell, TX
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Moderators who work for Facebook have taken their own lives after not being able to deal with some of the horrific stuff that has been posted...that they discovered and had to remove. If you let your mind wonder...could you imagine having to take down suicides, murders, children in....in...I'm not going to go there :^( yet FB executives are trying hard to marginalize/sweep it under the rug.

    The racial slurs, hate, you name it, it's on there. It's disgusting. As far as that dumbazz kid; he is as much to blame. WTF is he and many other students on a frick'in bible trip doing with MAGA hats on anyways?




    Ah, interesting...thanks.
    Look who is calling the kettle black! You call out the ones making all the noise and then bad mouth a young man willing to stand up for what he believes in. The trip and its purpose have nothing to do with what happened.

    I applaud the kid that had the stones to stand his ground against a "fake" Vietnam Vet trying to play the race card.

    The hat tells me he believes in something enough to not be a closet supporter.
    Last edited by hemi_57; 03-10-2019 at 08:12 PM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peeks in, looks around, sees the thread turning political and nasty, recognizes the beginnings of a horrendous train wreck, backs away slowly.
    Last edited by Mangoman; 03-10-2019 at 06:20 PM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    10,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leave politics out! Nuff said!

    2006 300SRT8
    SOLO Performance Mach X3 SRT exhaust / LMI V2 True CAI / Eibach Sways / StreetEdge coilovers / Trufiber hood / AMG paddles w/TRS300 wireless controller / Grant Revolution steering wheel / Arrington strut bar / BT engine bling incl. uni-strut caps / Rohana RC-10's / Kaption Audio amps, sub and speakers / Interior switch lighting by Diboblo / Instrument cluster by Black Cat Automotive and Tim Stone (TRS300) / StopTech SS brake lines
    Thanks ronan978, Hemissary, Mangoman thanked for this post
    Likes ronan978, Mangoman liked this post

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Moderators who work for facebook have taken their own lives after not being able to deal with some of horrific stuff that has been posted...that they discovered and had to remove. If you let your mind wonder...could you imagine having to take down suicides, murders, children in....in...I'm not going to go there :^( yet FB executives are trying hard to marginalize / sweep it under the rug.

    The racial slurs, hate, you name it, its on there. Its disgusting. As far as that dumbazz kid; he is as much to blame. WTF is he and many other students on a frick'in bible trip doing with MAGA hats on anyways?




    Ah, interesting...thanks.
    Wow really,a maga hat is to blame? Come on now.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    South Ga.
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod1 View Post
    Wow really,a maga hat is to blame? Come on now.
    Nope. Stupid is to to blame. The world is infected with it these days. There is no known cure. It is a highly contagious and terminal illness. Well, there is a cure, but it is a felony in most states.
    Likes ronan978, hotrod1 liked this post

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jarrell, TX
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK Bry.... I'm out of here.

    Sent via Tapatalk

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Posts
    4,906
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangoman View Post
    Engineer. The parts that hold the wheels are called trucks.
    I "drive" trains for Norfolk Southern railroad between Harrisburg PA and Baltimore MD. Mostly coal trains, usually 130 cars about 6800ft long and weigh around 18,000 - 20,000 tons. I'll have 2 locomotives with 4,000 - 5,000 hp each.
    Talk about winning the horsepower wars...

    Galactus hungers...
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

    Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    Talk about winning the horsepower wars...

    Galactus hungers...
    If you think the HP is impressive you should see the torque! The diesel engine turns an electric generator which powers electric motors at the wheels. I have sort of a dyno screen for each locomotive in the consist, again usually 2. Each one can make over 100,000 pounds of tractive force.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forums come and go. The few that seem to have some staying power are the ones that enforce at least a minimum of rules to keep the BS from taking over, and moderate the sales pitches as well. Enforcing rules on as level a basis as possible keeps good members and eventually drives off the real trash. Keeping the role of sponsors limited to a point that they're not spamming all over the threads is helpful, too.

    If facebook groups can kill a forum then the forum wasn't very useful. While I find facebook entertaining and spend (waste?) a good amount of time on it, I don't believe it can ever effectively replace a forum. It's far more suited to "real time" interaction so its ability to be a technical repository is nil. The search function in groups is almost useless...extremely limited. The whole nature of facebook is far more suited to casual conversation than anything else.

    As far as the trash on FB it's as easy as unfriending those "friends" - my friends list is limited almost strictly to people that I actually know in real life and am actual friends with. I see very little of the type of garbage that has been mentioned in this post. Sometimes when I do see it I'm thankful that it showed me a side of somebody that I may not have been aware of previously, and can use that new info to temper my relationship with them.

    I'm thankful for forums like LXF because overall it does encourage useful conversation and knowledge about the topic of our cars. Yeah there's some disagreements from time to time but so far I've only had to block a knucklehead here or there (currently only one on my list), the rest I can simply ignore and move along while I enjoy the majority of discussion. We're human; we're bound to disagree. Whether or not we let it get out of hand speaks to a level of maturity.

    If that was all a bit too rambling, I did just wake up after my one night off, after a whole week of night shifts.

    Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Likes Tikibeast, ronan978, Hemissary liked this post

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Forums come and go. The few that seem to have some staying power are the ones that enforce at least a minimum of rules to keep the BS from taking over, and moderate the sales pitches as well. Enforcing rules on as level a basis as possible keeps good members and eventually drives off the real trash. Keeping the role of sponsors limited to a point that they're not spamming all over the threads is helpful, too.

    If facebook groups can kill a forum then the forum wasn't very useful. While I find facebook entertaining and spend (waste?) a good amount of time on it, I don't believe it can ever effectively replace a forum. It's far more suited to "real time" interaction so its ability to be a technical repository is nil. The search function in groups is almost useless...extremely limited. The whole nature of facebook is far more suited to casual conversation than anything else.

    As far as the trash on FB it's as easy as unfriending those "friends" - my friends list is limited almost strictly to people that I actually know in real life and am actual friends with. I see very little of the type of garbage that has been mentioned in this post. Sometimes when I do see it I'm thankful that it showed me a side of somebody that I may not have been aware of previously, and can use that new info to temper my relationship with them.

    I'm thankful for forums like LXF because overall it does encourage useful conversation and knowledge about the topic of our cars. Yeah there's some disagreements from time to time but so far I've only had to block a knucklehead here or there (currently only one on my list), the rest I can simply ignore and move along while I enjoy the majority of discussion. We're human; we're bound to disagree. Whether or not we let it get out of hand speaks to a level of maturity.

    If that was all a bit too rambling, I did just wake up after my one night off, after a whole week of night shifts.

    Richard
    Hear hear :^)

    Night shifts suck...

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Streetsville (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)
    Posts
    5,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    I have called a number of them out for a face to face in public meeting location. No takers.
    Did you offer to pick up the tab?


    2007 R/T R&T - Gone

    2010 SRT8 - Sold

    2015 SRT 392 - RIP

    2016 SRT 392 - AFE Momentum GT Intake, SOLO Performance Exhaust, 20% Tint, Black Carbon Fiber Racing Stripes, tinted tails, Oracle LED sidemarkers, BT catchcan and underhood bling, Mopar Strut Brace, Rennen Forged RL-55x wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 tires

    Do you even lift? www.iron-sanctuary.com/forums
    Likes Tikibeast, ronan978 liked this post

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    What your take on Hellcat.org? is it technically driven - or?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anguish View Post
    Mostly no. There's plenty of discussion regarding builds, so if you're thinking of "how much more boost will I get with such-and-such pulley" as technical then yes. But if you're thinking of anything actually mechanical in nature, LXF has always been far more advanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    ...I have called a number of them out for a face to face in public meeting location. No takers. They hid behind their keyboard.Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    Don't own a Hellcat so I don't go over there.Sent via Tapatalk
    So...you don't go to Hellcat.org, but you've threatened people? Then which Forum?
    Last edited by Hemissary; 03-12-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •