Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait make sure you use quantumblue! It's the best! It gets plastered all over that forum, it must be true!
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    Wait make sure you use quantumblue! It's the best! It gets plastered all over that forum, it must be true!
    IDK, plenty of testimonials from people who have used his stuff and they sware it works. Not just on there either.

I tried his fuel and oil. Fuel stuff I never noticed anything but with the oil the engine did run quieter and idle smoother. Placebo effect? IDK?
    Likes hotrod1 liked this post

Streetsville (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    I'll guess its the Red Forum.

Whereas over there you can't mention, let alone(!) quote(!) anyone or anything from a competing Forum...we don't cater to that kind of self-serving / inward-looking BS here...
    There was some 'overzealous' moderating there in the past that pretty much killed off the most knowledgeable people and the forum never really recovered. But let's be real even LXF has about 1/10 the traffic it used to have. Message boards on all subjects are dying a long slow death these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoman View Post
    Yes sir that would be them.

And the non stop confrontational nonsense of attacking forum vendors and anyone who uses their products is ludicrous! Members keep getting banned for doing it yet others persist! Unbelievable! Products they're never used, have never been around yet they feel the absolute need to bash them as often as possible. SMH. Incredible!
    1) The vendor in question largely brings it upon himself by borderline spamming every thread with a sales pitch

2) You'll notice said vendor does not post here. Why? Because the crew here would be infinitely more merciless

There's no need to stop posting because of a few minor issues. It's the internet. People are going to disagree with you. Accept that and move on with your life.

2007 R/T R&T - Gone

2010 SRT8 - Sold

2015 SRT 392 - RIP

2016 SRT 392 - AFE Momentum GT Intake, SOLO Performance Exhaust, 20% Tint, Black Carbon Fiber Racing Stripes, tinted tails, Oracle LED sidemarkers, BT catchcan and underhood bling, Mopar Strut Brace, Rennen Forged RL-55x wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 tires

Do you even lift? www.iron-sanctuary.com/forums
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FLEX View Post
    There was some 'overzealous' moderating there in the past that pretty much killed off the most knowledgeable people and the forum never really recovered. But let's be real even LXF has about 1/10 the traffic it used to have. Message boards on all subjects are dying a long slow death these days.

1) The vendor in question largely brings it upon himself by borderline spamming every thread with a sales pitch

2) You'll notice said vendor does not post here. Why? Because the crew here would be infinitely more merciless

There's no need to stop posting because of a few minor issues. It's the internet. People are going to disagree with you. Accept that and move on with your life.
    Forums come and eventually go. I've noticed a move towards facebook, which can only be understood when psychosomatic behavioral traits that permeate the utility are applied :^)

In the early days I was a member of five - six Forums. It very quickly became apparent where the technically savvy folks were hanging out.
    Although the art of communication (which in recent years has been dynamic) plays a significant part (anyone remember email exploders) real, technically accurate information and legitimate processes and procedures are King! As time goes by and because a lot(!) of the same technology on these platforms from 04' is still present up to current model year, only so much can be said before the same information gets re-hashed.

As you suggest, the red forum has tarnished their own reputation by creating a regime and rules that cater to the main player / shyster who also has a vested interest (and multiple usernames to back each "other" up). If you didn't know it...that was the plan. The stifling / clamped-down rules limits serious technical discussions which then biases towards subjective / opinion-based interaction (e.g. oil, cleaner / beautification products). This suits their purpose...sales. The subjective side where real facts are less important, keeps things light - and going. One would think the boutique engine oil nonsense polluting the majority of threads would be its death knell. But as long as there are people who, out of love for their car and a lack of technical knowledge continue to make buying decisions based on emotion...the site will keep chugg'in along.

In other words, the ongoing sales pitch is the modus operandi. Its soo much easier to isolate and drive away the technically savvy, especially(!) anyone who calls bullsh!t when you can immediately control them and marginalize with gobbly-goop (i.e. bullsh!t) that is used to dazzle the masses and eventually muzzle the dissenters because you control the forum. Their ideal membership / audience is populated by good honest folks, with little or no technical car smarts...who can be emotionally swayed to part with their hard-earned cash.

This is precisely why it (or they) would never fly here. LX Forums has or had (attrition, egos etc) a significant number of technically savvy members who have been around the (performance cars) block for a long time. For most...its about passing on facts and technical knowledge that has been acquired through years and years of breathing on cars. I've learned a lot here about Dodge / platforms from those folks. In a way, there's two kinds of learning; first there's the knowledge absorbed over years and years of breathing on anything with an engine. Then there's learning and understanding the technical aspects that relate directly to the DC / FCA platforms themselves (e.g. reading the Service Manuals cover to cover more than once, or getting in good with those who work for the marque, or gleaning specifics from great sites - like LX Forums).

When the proprietors of the red forum tried to peddle their wares here, they were run off because of the base of knowledge (this should tell you something). I mean really...if there was even a sliver of truth...dontcha think the lubrication WORLD would be beating a path to their door (ask yourself...what other forum is - or would be - so obsessed with a single product)?

For-sure the death knell for any Forum is believing in no rules whatsoever. Most of us I'm sure have observed across different marques or disciplines how disrespect, potty-mouth and encouraging street racing drives egotistical butthead behavior to the point - there's simply nothing left (cancer - from all sides).

As long as LX Forums continues to put its members first and places emphasis on telling the truth, real facts versus fiction and egos, I'll keep reading / contributing :^)

Last edited by Hemissary; 03-12-2019 at 10:20 AM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Thanks SCOTT57RT, ronan978 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    chargerforums
    Toss in Challengertalk & The Z forum
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangoman View Post
    IDK, plenty of testimonials from people who have used his stuff and they sware it works. Not just on there either.

I tried his fuel and oil. Fuel stuff I never noticed anything but with the oil the engine did run quieter and idle smoother. Placebo effect? IDK?
    That's the problem with the products in question; there's literally no way to measure or observe their efficacy.
    2018 Granite Crystal Hellcat sleeper
    Continental ExtremeContact Sport (315/35R20 rear, 275/40R20 front)

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you guys know of / think of Hellcat org. ?
    'Cuda SRT8

My Mopars:
    '69 'Cuda fastback with 6.2 MP Hellcrate, a TKO600 5 speed and a Dana 60
    '15 Jeep Grand Chickeree in Maximum Steel
    '05 Dodge Ram Daytona in GoManGo(5.7/automatic)
    '19 Challenger Hellcat
    RED EYE in Indigo Blue
    "Three Hemis; no waiting"

Post Thanks / Like
    The Red forum used to be decent, but it's dead now. The Z used to be one of my Favorite Forums along with here of course, but the Z is very slow too. All forums are slowly dying b/c of Facebook groups. Facebook Groups are a suck hole IMO. They are only good for instant gratification, Instagram names and Selling stuff. How to's and just finding basic info is lost. Seems everyone has an opinion and post crap. To me Forums are still the best form to find reviews, how to's, and anything else you might need info on. Facebook won't last forever.
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler w/ wickerbill, Hellcat Rear Bumper, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted Tail-lights & Side Markers, Tinted Windows, XM-313 20x10 -24 & 20x12 -44, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Progress 35/22mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page
    Likes bucnsty, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anguish View Post
    That's the problem with the products in question; there's literally no way to measure or observe their efficacy.
    I don't agree; what is required though is simply way too much to ask of the majority of readers...which is to learn enough technical information about physics / science, oil, lubricity, bearing interface loading, etcetera that would then(!) allow the ability to see through and call bullsh!t. So when only a very small percentage of a / any group can directly challenge / rebuke and answer competently ALL the hogwash...nothing will change. On issues like this, I always encourage folks to ask people they've known for a long time and trust. Again - those saged individuals need to have the aforementioned knowledge base!

Sometimes I struggle whether I should speak out and get the facts out there about stuff that is ripping good folks off. One path is to believe "..if someone is not willing to first understand or is too stupid or arrogant to care if what they are purchasing is actually legit - then why even bother trying to enlighten" (the serves them right attitude). The other (right) way is to broadcast facts and let readers who are on the fence make well-informed buying decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuda SRT8 View Post
    Just don't have time much anymore to check out other Forums. What your take on it? is it technically driven - or?

Quote Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
    The Red forum used to be decent, but it's dead now. The Z used to be one of my Favorite Forums along with here of course, but the Z is very slow too. All forums are slowly dying b/c of Facebook groups. Facebook Groups are a suck hole IMO. They are only good for instant gratification, Instagram names and Selling stuff. How to's and just finding basic info is lost. Seems everyone has an opinion and post crap. To me Forums are still the best form to find reviews, how to's, and anything else you might need info on. Facebook won't last forever.
    I agree regarding facebook, its a self-serving black hole.

I'm on the verge of closing my account, given the privacy concerns and zuckerberg & Co. So are many others around me while fb literally thumbs their noses at us while they make a bundle off our backs. Then there's having to deal with what "friends" post that they think is noteworthy (beliefs, politics, mindless tripe, some stuff I wish I never saw).
    Last edited by Hemissary; 03-10-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I fired Facebook & Instagram years ago. I still have Twitter but don't post just follow a few conservative types.

Sent via Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    I fired Facebook & Instagram years ago. I still have Twitter but don't post just follow a few conservative types.

Sent via Tapatalk
    It'll be interesting to watch just how many people are first clued into the very serious issues...and who then elects to blow them off. Me-thinks too many need the instant gratification...which is what they are literally(!) banking on...

Post Thanks / Like
    I was put in Facebook Jail shortly for Saying "White Trash" Wasn't towards anyone or anything. Someone else posted and said they got jailed for saying it. I didn't believe it. So I just replied to there comment with "White trash, White trash White trash"...Sure enough 30min later. Was locked out of making any new comments or posting for 24hrs. If that's the Standard. The News Channels that jumped on Stores like that Catholic Kid with the MAGA Hat that smeared the kids name and plastered his name and face all over Social Media should be banned and fined. I'm hoping that kid wins his Law suit. The way the country is divided now. Many new jobs may not hire him b/c of that.
    Last edited by run2jeepn; 03-10-2019 at 11:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda SRT8 View Post
    The average tone is significantly more entitled and elitist there. Having been a member of multiple LX forums for over a decade, it's been a culture shock. People seem more reasonable here.

Post Thanks / Like
    What your take on it? is it technically driven - or?
    Mostly no. There's plenty of discussion regarding builds, so if you're thinking of "how much more boost will I get with such-and-such pulley" as technical then yes. But if you're thinking of anything actually mechanical in nature, LXF has always been far more advanced.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what you get when you have a "libbie" set of rules to follow.

I have called a number of them out for a face to face in public meeting location. No takers. They hid behind their keyboard.

Sent via Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast