Thread: 2018 Map Update

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Map Update

Hi all.

I just bought my 2015C this past summer. Wonderful car. Is there anyway to tell what map versions are installed. I'm guessing that it is a prior (2015) because I just updated the software (17.43.01). Somewhere in the system info there has to be a map version number???

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I opted out of NAV for the following reasons:
    1. $600 startup fee.
    2. The maps are usually almost 2 years out of date.
    3. They have gone to downloading them versus a DVD.
    4. The updates cost too much for what you get.

I use Android Auto with Google Maps or Waze. If you have an iPhone you can use Car Play. The only downside of this is you have to connect via USB cable from your phone to one of the USB ports. I did a small USB mod to make this option a little less painless. Link to USB Mod

I have Nav on my 08 Corvette and was able to snag the last DVD version (2012) and install it. I do use it as it displays the directions on the HUD. But, I keep my phone as a backup.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Likes Tikibeast, Slowrench, Old Guy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Hemi 57!

I have portable Garmins in the past. Great products and life long updates. My smarter than me android phone has be plugged in for music by not for nav. I take it that the map does not appear on the car's screen?

The setup fee of $600 was already paid prior to purchasing the car. I'm still wondering how to tell what version of maps are installed. 2015 or other year?

Post Thanks / Like
    You should be able to Bluetooth your phone to send/receive phone calls, stream music or receive text msg's.

You need to download/install Android Auto use it with Uconnect. You also need to download/install Waze to use it with Uconnect.

Uconnect Screen - Google Maps

Uconnect Screen - Waze

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    This only works on the 2015+ right (Google Maps, Waze etc?)?
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure how far back it goes but 2015 sounds reasonable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly, 2017+
    16 Charger RT, R1 slotted rotors, ST pads, Mopar super track pack suspension, Mopar strut bar, 3.09LSD
    07 300 SRT8-retired

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 17.

Post Thanks / Like
    You swap in a Uconnect with AA/CarPlay capability either by finding a MY17+ unit in the junkyard and using Tazer to enable it or by buying one from these guys already unlocked.

2015-2019 Dodge Charger GPS Navigation 8.4 4C NAV UAQ Radio with Apple – Infotainment.com

Better value than paying for map updates that are already out of date by the time you get them.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    Hold on, so if I bought a 2019 radio unlocked, would that give me access to the srt stuff like valet/eco/track or would that be something different. I know you can unlock it with a tazer but I'd like to not have to deal with something that could void my warranty if I forgot to remove it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2017 Pitch Black Charger Scat Pack 392
    20% tint, Billet Technologies Matte Black Catch Can, LED interior lighting, ZL1 Rock Guards, K&N drop in filter, MaxBeam Smoked LED side markers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    Hold on, so if I bought a 2019 radio unlocked, would that give me access to the srt stuff like valet/eco/track or would that be something different. I know you can unlock it with a tazer but I'd like to not have to deal with something that could void my warranty if I forgot to remove it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    No it doesn't work like that. I've never heard it explained, but Tazer is enabling those features. The unlocked radios do not come with things like that enabled. Could the companies providing them do it? Maybe, but you are also voiding your infotainment warranty installing the unlocked radio.