Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Are any of the stock batteries AGM?

Does anyone know if the stock Mopar batteries are AGM? I'm putting mine on a tender while it's in storage and it has an AGM mode. The battery I have is a BB0H7730AB. I can't find anything online about it being an AGM so I'm guessing it's not but I figured I'd ask!
    2017 Pitch Black Charger Scat Pack 392
    20% tint, Billet Technologies Matte Black Catch Can, LED interior lighting, ZL1 Rock Guards, K&N drop in filter, MaxBeam Smoked LED side markers

Post Thanks / Like
    Does it have vents on the top?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not an AGM battery. There's a vent line that hooks to it to let the vapors out of the cars.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Dextar thanked for this post
    Likes Dextar liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

The Police cars use a larger CCA battery which is an AGM Battery. Otherwise, they have a conventional battery. And whether it has an AGM Battery or not, an LX battery has a vent tube.
    2017 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack - Go Mango
    2011 Dodge Charger R/T Plus AWD- Redline - 5.7L Hemi Registry #1650 Tbird100636

2006 Dodge Charger R/T- Inferno Red - Gone - 5.7L Hemi Registry # 00696 Tbird100636

Post Thanks / Like
    AGM batteries for our cars also have vent tubes. That is not a determining factor.
    2016 Charger SRT TorRed Best: ET 12.70, MPH 112.30 (DA 2446ft.), 60ft. (1.95 radials), Standing: 1.0 mile 160mph, 1.5 miles 170mph (let off to not exceed class limit of 170mph)
    AFE CAI, BBK 85mm, 180*, Diablotoona custom tune 91Oct.

2008 Caliber SRT4 Inferno Red - SOLD [email protected] (2.327 60 ft.) MS1K v.2, MPx catted DP, K&N drop-in, NGK plugs, RT 180, Mopar hitch, new short block @ 82,000
    2007 300C SRT8 Inferno Red - SOLD [email protected] (2.003 60 ft.) AFE CAI, Predator 93 CAI, Magnaflow gutted high-flow cats, Stack intake spacer, BBK 85mm TB, JET 188, Proxes 4 275/40ZR20

Post Thanks / Like
    AGM, AGM tender
    2013 Chrysler 300S, 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force with 2.75 pulley, fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, tuned by Dings Racing, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans built by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. LG aluminum rad. Dual SRT fans

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a replacement AGM battery from Autozone after my original battery died, it does not have vent a tube.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleCat16 View Post
    I bought a replacement AGM battery from Autozone after my original battery died, it does not have vent a tube.
    That's a little concerning. Are you 100% sure there's not a hole anywhere on the top edge of the casing where a vent nipple and hose could be installed? AGM batteries can vent, generally not expected unless you get into an overcharge situation, but in the event of that I would not want it venting into the trunk compartment.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Any battery inside car has a vent to outside, my AGHM from Autozone had the port for vent. It's not a nipple sticking out, but a plug you pull out and insert the vent hose.

Post Thanks / Like
    My AGM from Autozone also had a vent tube. If you don't have one, then you were given the wrong battery for your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no provision to install the factory vent tube, I am not concerned with overcharging as I do not drive the car regularly, I am more concerned with the lack of discharge charge cycles, not so much now that I have a battery tender with an AGM setting. This Autozone AGM battery is also 880 CCA, where the stock Lead Acid battery is only 770 CCA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Autozone only has 1 AGM Battery for the Challenger Hellcat and it has no provision for a drain tube.

Fits Your Vehicle Duralast Platinum Battery

Price: $194.99
    Core $18.00

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleCat16 View Post
    Autozone only has 1 AGM Battery for the Challenger Hellcat and it has no provision for a drain tube.

Fits Your Vehicle Duralast Platinum Battery

Price: $194.99
    Core $18.00

You need to look at pics again, there is a port (side, top, middle, pull plug, insert tube.

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesnt not need to be "vehicle specific" battery. Just needs to be the same group size and amp rating you want. That battery above is group 94r. Google that and find the battery you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    copied and pasted out of service info for a 2016 challenger (LA) 5.7
    08 - Electrical / 8F - Engine Systems / Battery System / Description DESCRIPTION

This vehicle is equipped with a single 12 volt Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) battery. All of the components of the battery system are located within the trunk compartment of the vehicle. The battery system for this vehicle contains the following components:
    • Battery - The storage battery provides a reliable means of storing a renewable source of electrical energy within the vehicle.
    • Battery Cables - The battery cables connect the positive and negative charged battery terminal posts to the vehicle electrical system.
    • Battery Holddown - The battery holddown hardware secures the battery in the battery tray.
    • Battery Tray - The battery tray provides a secure mounting location in the vehicle for the battery and an anchor point for the battery holddown hardware.
    • Intelligent Battery Sensor- The Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS) serves to record and process measured battery variable values (current, voltage, temperature) for the vehicle powernet management system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast