Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why all the hub-bub for AGM? Do folks understand the plus and minuses of AGM vs. flooded cell?
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Why all the hub-bub for AGM? Do folks understand the plus and minuses of AGM vs. flooded cell?
    Definitely interested in hearing from you on this subject. I've got an AGM from Odyssey in my truck though it doesn't make much sense as I drive it almost daily, for a 45 min to 1 hr trip each way. It has lots of opportunity to stay charged and no sitting around to discharge.. So any benefit I might have realized is negated.

On the other hand, the 300 might not move for 2 weeks at a time, just hiding out in the garage. It's got a regular battery though it doesn't seem to sit long enough to notice any weakness from running down.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Lithium ftw

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Main reason more models are going to agm batteries is due to gassing, we are moving more batteries into passenger compartments and agm batteries put off little to no gassing under normal circumstances. Batteries generally fair better in a more favorable temperature range such as the climate controlled passenger area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12