Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm coming off the z23s and going back to stockers. I beat my brakes to death, I love how hard you can stop with the brakes on these cars. My wife has the z23s, she doesn't beat her super bee. Her brakes squeal all the time until they warm up. If you drive like a sane person everyday, they'll squeal. This has been my experience, as said above, the pads are super quick to change. Have fun playing with your setup. It's buy to try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JJHamilton79 View Post
    You Scat owners and your Brembo brakes...Pffft...whatever.....I'm not at all jealous!!
    Funny my g35 never made as much noise as these brakes do

Post Thanks / Like
    Old post here but I want to comment.
    I have 285k on my 2008 SRT8 Magnum. The Brembo's stopped noticeably better than others but terrible dust. I tried ceramic pads once and they squealed so bad it hurt my ears, no kidding. After a month i could not stand it any longer. I replaced all four last year with Stop Tech rotors and pads and they are fine. I will not change brands again, going for 1,000,000 miles on my Magnum and it will be Stop Techs.
    2008 SRT8 Magnum, all options + DiabloSport, Zoomers, AirAid, BT Catch Can, 170deg thermo, Toyo Proxes4.
    Best 0-60= 4.76sec

Post Thanks / Like
    Do they even lube the back of the pad and shim at the factory/dealer or do they just install it dry? If not, a bit of silicone brake lube/paste may be all it needs.

Each side takes me 20-25 minutes to change pads, so its worth the hour experiment to try new pads. A punch set and a cheap pad spreader helps a lot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.55 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 295/35/20 & 255/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wgood33 View Post
    I have 285k on my 2008 SRT8 Magnum. The Brembo's stopped noticeably better than others but terrible dust. I tried ceramic pads once and they squealed so bad it hurt my ears, no kidding. After a month i could not stand it any longer. I replaced all four last year with Stop Tech rotors and pads and they are fine. I will not change brands again, going for 1,000,000 miles on my Magnum and it will be Stop Techs.
    I have been using the StopTech street pads for many years and they have provided very good performance and they are absolutely silent. Only issue is that they are super dusty. When I switched to an 8 piston setup in the front it took it to another level. You can see the difference in this shot below between the nearly dust free Akebono's in the rear and the StopTech in the front:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a TSB number for LX/LC cars regarding brake noise... but I couldn't find the full TSB anywhere? No access to Mama Mopar's "Top Secret" info!

It's out there, tho. And I'd bet it deals with swapping to a different pad.

My R&T Pack car squeals first thing in the morning pulling out of the driveway. I attributed that to some rust buildup overnight. But then after my daily trip to work, getting off the interstate causes some horrible squeals til I hit the bottom of the off ramp. I'm guessing they're hot by then, but have cooled off while driving the interstate..?

Isn't it true the R/T's and other performance models on this platform have to have a special brake material? No "standard" brake pads for these?
    2013 Charger R/T
    Road & Track Package
    Bone stock... for now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MopaR/T View Post
    I saw a TSB number for LX/LC cars regarding brake noise... but I couldn't find the full TSB anywhere? No access to Mama Mopar's "Top Secret" info!

It's out there, tho. And I'd bet it deals with swapping to a different pad.

My R&T Pack car squeals first thing in the morning pulling out of the driveway. I attributed that to some rust buildup overnight. But then after my daily trip to work, getting off the interstate causes some horrible squeals til I hit the bottom of the off ramp. I'm guessing they're hot by then, but have cooled off while driving the interstate..?

Isn't it true the R/T's and other performance models on this platform have to have a special brake material? No "standard" brake pads for these?
    Nothing special about the pads, its all about finding the right combination between the pad and rotor to prevent the vibrations which lead to squeal. Sometimes adding a silicone product can absorb those vibrations, sometimes its bedding the pads with the rotors and sometimes its replacing the pads with another formula that works.

I also noticed the 4 piston units that are on some W221 Mercedes S550 (2005-2013) are nearly identical to the 4 piston units that started on the SRT front at the same time and continue to be the 4 piston front units on the Scat Pack. Aside from provisions for brake sensors versus squealers, the pad is nearly identical in measurement. I am sure the oem MB pad formula is silent and the dealers are not telling customers that the Brembos are naturally noisy if there is an issue.
    Last edited by BM_SRT; 04-27-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wgood33 View Post
    Comments like these really surprise me. It makes me wonder what exact pads (brand and model), how they were installed, etc. because I've run ceramics on multiple vehicles including my current first gen SRT and two previous first gen SRT's before it, as well as both fullsize GM trucks sitting in my driveway, and my older GM truck before that. Few different brands of ceramics (whatever brand on the old truck, Wagner Thermoquiets on the SRT's and one truck, Bendix CT-3 on the other.) None of them act like this. At the very most the SRT's would give a loud squeal on first application of the day, like backing out of the driveway, but were quiet after that. And since BM_SRT mentioned it, I installed all of these pads "dry" and figured I'd go back with the anti-squeal compound later if I needed it. I hate the mess it can make so I usually avoid it unless needed.

Richard
    Last edited by someotherguy; 04-27-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    TSB #05-003-13

I cannot access any info on this particular one. It appears to deal with front/rear brake squeal.

FWIW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12