Thread: Brake squeal

Post Thanks / Like

Brake squeal

I am my wits end somebody give me some advice on my for my 2014 Dodge Challenger RT Brakes rear wheel drive I have done everything known to man I have changed out all rotors with hawk talon rotors used brake grease everywhere it needed to be used hps 5.0 red box first and they squealed changed them out with hps blue box they squealed I broke all breaks in . Hawk sent me new rotors they squealed now I put top cop pursuit pads made by power stop and broke them in and they worked for one day and they started squealing can anybody help.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is not a luxury car. It's a sports car. All high performance brakes squeal. There's nothing you can do about it. It comes with the territory. Even much higher price point high performance vehicles still have brakes that squeal.

Literally go by a Mercedes if you want a quiet boat.

This is not that quiet boat.

Many others on here have discussed the same concern you have. As long as your brakes are in good condition, there is nothing wrong with it. The noise literally just comes with the territory.
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Comes with the territory of utilizing high performance braking systems. You should hear some six figure sports cars...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 06-03-2021 at 01:03 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Powerstop pads for lesser dust and no noise.
    Likes geomag liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you using it so hard that its causes heat to warp your brake discs and rotors? This is the common reason why you're hearing a squeaking noise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heat and / or warping do not cause squealing.

The most common reason for noise is debris lodged between a pad and the rotor. This sets up the harmonic(s)...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 06-17-2021 at 08:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Comes with the territory of utilizing high performance braking systems. You should hear some six figure sports cars...

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post

Richard
    ‚ÄčLoL

And to think the Tesla Roadster can get to 60mph in just(!) 1.1sec...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 06-17-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    ‚ÄčLoL

And to think the Tesla Roadster can get to 60mph in just(!) 1.1sec...
    But does applying the brakes at speed sound like stamping on a piglet? Because that feature alone is worth the price of admission on the Vulcan.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    But does applying the brakes at speed sound like stamping on a piglet? Because that feature alone is worth the price of admission on the Vulcan.

Richard
    Most likely noisy..but pig-like not sure :^D

The key to going fast / quick...is also addressing the ability to slow down / stop at least as quickly...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 06-17-2021 at 08:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    What exact method did the OP use, if any, to bed in/burnish the new pads and rotors?
    FURIOUS FUCHSIA 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
    Mopar // SRT // Pursuit // LMI // Zoomers // Belanger // Diablosport // Hotchkis // PowerGrid Inc // Razor's Edge // Petty's Garage // AAD // Syncro Design Works // Ridetech // Crank This! Performance-BFNY // Serious Metal Fab // Carbotech // Russell // Rennline // Stant // Joelvan // Derale // ATI Perf // Earl's // Improved Racing // Milodon // B&M // AMG // Wavetrac // ZAutoTech // Saleen SMS // Speedhut // WebElectric // Hurst