Post Thanks / Like

Help to understand stock anti drone valves

I have a 2013 300 SRT8 bone stock car with 36000 miles. If I want to play around with those valves, first I need to understand how they work and how they adjust. Can anyone provide a link or somewhere I can get detailed info please?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    2013 doesn't have active exhaust, there are spring loaded flaps in the exhaust. Nothing PCM controlled like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Magnoom, thank you. Guess I did not ask the right question in the first place.
    Would you be able to tell me the basics about those flaps please?
    1.) I know why they are there and where they are located, but is there a way, short of removing them, to stop them from rattling?
    2.) I got under the car a couple weeks ago and, in the process of looking and putting my hands on them, I turned both of them one click clockwise. So what did I accomplish, if anything, by doing that?
    3. After I had made that adjustment, whatever it did, I took the car out, drove it at highway speeds while being sure the engine was operating on its MDS mode some of the time, but noticed no drone at all at any speed.
    4.) How do I turn them back, one notch, if I think I need to? They don’t seem to have an adjustment back, counter clockwise.
    4.) In summary, since they don’t seem to actually be doing anything, how can I stop them from rattling without having them removed?
    Thank you for any insight you can pass along to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since it's the mechanical one, here's a thread about it.
    How to deactivate the active exhaust valve on the 6.4L (2nd gen SRT Auto)