Post Thanks / Like

Post Intermittent Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

Guys,

I am having intermittent no connection to Bluetooth in my 2013 300 SRT8 with NAV. The head unit will not transmit a Bluetooth signal at all so I cannot even repair any phone. Typically, within the next few restarts and full power offs it will eventually work and my phone will reconnect.

I have ensured I have the newest uconnect version and updated it without issue. I have tried all generations and type of phones when I cannot reconnect and it is simply not transmitting a bluetooth signal. Is there anything I can do to try and fix what i assume is the telemetics module. Also, it seems this is turning into a common issue as the price of this part has more than doubled in the last year.

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by bigjay89gta; 01-02-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjay89gta View Post
    Guys,

I am having intermittent no connection to Bluetooth in my 2013 300 SRT8 with NAV. The head unit will not transmit a Bluetooth signal at all so I cannot even repair any phone. Typically, within the next few restarts and full power offs it will eventually work and my phone will reconnect.

I have ensured I have the newest uconnect version and updated it without issue. I have tried all generations and type of phones when I cannot reconnect and it is simply not transmitting a bluetooth signal. Is there anything I can do to try and fix what i assume is the telemetics module. Also, it seems this is turning into a common issue as the price of this part has more than doubled in the last year.

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
    DodgeCares

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump any technicians here that know a possible fix?

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried pulling the fuse or battery cables to allow it to reset?
    2012 300 SRT: SLP LM II exhaust, Underdrive Harmonic balancer, Tuned by Hemifever, 180° stat, LMI Tru CAI.
    I am silently correcting you're gramar and speling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Surprisingly no I haven't I will give it a try this afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did the disconnect battery for 2hrs and reconnected and still have intermittent no Bluetooth signal. Any others know of a fix.

Is there a solution that will allow me to update just he module software. Does updating uconnect or downgrading uconnect reprogram the telematics module?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't this a known thing with this model year or generation that had a recall or warranty replacement on the HU for this exact issue

Post Thanks / Like
    My 2012 does the same thing. There is an update available for mine, but of course I cannot up date it as is he cas with most U connect updates. BTW I am a Chrysler tech. I've just been dealing with it. It's mostly after a restart. Like getting gas or running into a store. Sometimes it's works other times it doesn't. When It doesn't work I can go into the phone and disconnect from Bluetooth, but then it connects and starts working. IDE like to update it, but also I don't want to because as many know the radio can easily be bricked!