Post Thanks / Like

Stock Apache Heads Limits! (HP)

Who here is still running the 392 stock apache heads and at what HP? Just curious on to what kind of power heavy hitters are seeing with these heads stock wise, no aftermarket parts on them (ie springs, lifters, valves, etc).

Chime in!

Post Thanks / Like
    Springs are going to be a must for a cam swap, and really do nothing to improve flow. I can’t exactly answer your question if I can give you “food for thought”! I’m still running stock unported ( psi springs for HellCat cam ) 5.7 eagles on a forged 392 with 7psi and making 600rwhp with such low boost, pretty confident at 12-14 I’ll hit over 700rwhp. And of course the Apache flows better, especially on the exhaust side. So if I’m at 600rwhp now, a swap over to Apache I’d prob be 630-650 estimated due to the better flow.
    Forged 392, Edelbrock [email protected] psi, 90mm throttle body, LMI intake, SRT headers & mids with Corsa Sport catback.600 rwhp/600 rwtq
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Stock Apache Heads Limits! (HP)

Stock heads, stock exhaust manifolds, stock cats, stock cam

Forged rods, forged pistons, Gen 3 Whipple, Hellcat TB and lifters, 91 octane pump gas, 12.5 lbs boost.

The heads aren’t the limiting factor. I would not consider myself a “heavy hitter” by any stretch, but these heads support quite a bit more power than stock.
    Last edited by Capt. Nemo; 08-07-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    i made 750 with them
    Mine:2012 Challenger Rt, Diablo, long tubes no cats, Fti 3800 stall [email protected] 108.5 / [email protected] 125 shot
    Dads:2012 Challenger Rt, Diablo, 6.4L swap procharger. 3.91 gears. [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Made an easy 825rwhp with stock Apache ports, valves and psi springs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    "Hell Yeah" Build Underway - 2011 Challenger with Drag Pak Whipple + Hellcat Shortblock + Comp 274 and let it eat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Need tuning help in bham area,,,,5.7 bottom end,6.1 heads,competition cam,6.1-6.4 exhaust manifolds,bbk 87 mm,,,
    Won’t idle?runs like a kid in trouble,just can’t get it to idle

Sent from my iPad using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Help guys,,Birmingham area

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum65 View Post
    Help guys,,Birmingham area

Start a thread..
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to mention I am over 1,100 rwhp with no issues. I am going to be pushing more power and will like for someone in the same or more power range to chime in. I'll be upgrading the springs and should get me where i want to be for now. I've heard with springs only some heavy hitters are seeing 1300rwhp with the stock heads and upgraded springs. (Yes its a built 392). Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 392_Pikachu View Post
    I forgot to mention I am over 1,100 rwhp with no issues. I am going to be pushing more power and will like for someone in the same or more power range to chime in. I'll be upgrading the springs and should get me where i want to be for now. I've heard with springs only some heavy hitters are seeing 1300rwhp with the stock heads and upgraded springs. (Yes its a built 392). Thanks!
    I'ld like to hear about your combo/build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 392_Pikachu View Post
    Ditto...build details please..

Post Thanks / Like
    At that power level you should already have springs done...