Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation White Smoke on cold startup

I'm hoping someone can shine some light or speculation on what is going on with my 5.7L AWD 2013 Charger with a magnuson 8lbs supercharger kit with 57K miles. This long story started off with white smoke coming out of the exhaust after about 8 seconds on cold start only. This will last about 5 to 8 seconds of smoke depending on how long the car has been sitting. Dealership gave it back after a month and there was white smoke coming out like crazy with rough idle for a few minutes.

Other symptoms besides white smoke on cold startup:

Engine runs perfect to the eye except when sitting for a month from the gasket/head 'repair'.
    Pressure builds up in the coolant reservoir when hitting the car hard on the revs. This will eventually burst out the reservoir cap if enough pressure build up.
    While doing a block tester, I revved the engine and noticed a good amount of bubbles coming up inside tester, even though the blue did not turn yellow.
    Coolant reservoir went down an inch over time
    Never had an overheating problem - dead center temp on gauge always on warm engine

Things that have been 'checked':

Dealership went in thinking it was head gasket so replaced those and cleaned the heads due to a scratch during a magnaflux (returned negative). No major signs on gasket or heads.
    All pistons have a really minor clean crescent mark (fuel or coolant could do this I believe) - see pictures
    No milkshake on dipstick or oil cap
    New thermostat
    Coolant flush
    Oil change
    New tank of gas
    Emptied out intercooler (not hooked up right now) in supercharger since its all one coolant system. Held 50psi at radiator shop.
    No external leaks besides pressure build up slight overflow
    Pressure of 11lbs held overnight for coolant pressure test (reservoir)
    Block test has not changed to yellow twice now (so no combustion gases 'in theory')
    Spark plugs all look the same burnt and not 'cleaned' from coolant
    No coolant in the intake manifold (supercharger unit)
    Intake Manifold does not have a coolant passage, just 2 - I believe oil and pcv

Any other ideas to check? Does this sound like a cracked block? Is there any other parts to consider that would get coolant to go into the exhaust besides the infamous cracked head, head gasket, cracked block?
    I'm considering rebuilding the whole engine with high horse performance for the supercharger support, but definitely $$$ decision here.

SUPER THANKS FOR READING!

Video: Cold startup - see exhaust has white smoke: Shared album - Tim Hemmer - Google Photos
    Video: shortly after cold startup from one month of not running and head gasket 'repair': Shared album - Tim Hemmer - Google Photos
    Pictures: heads and top of block (attachment not working at the moment)

Last edited by themmer; 06-15-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check the lower radiator hose to see if there is a spring in it to keep it from collapsing under wot.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site

Post Thanks / Like
    Super thanks for the reply (anything helps). I checked both ends of both big radiator hoses and they all have the springs at the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you pullled the plugs to look at them? I would start there. White smoke is typically a coolant leak

Pull the plugs and take a look
    It could be valve seals but that is more blueish but hey if I was a betting guy I would say valve seals.

Check the plugs and let use know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us1champ View Post
    Have you pullled the plugs to look at them? I would start there. White smoke is typically a coolant leak

Pull the plugs and take a look
    It could be valve seals but that is more blueish but hey if I was a betting guy I would say valve seals.

Check the plugs and let use know
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the input! I appreciate your time. I did check the spark plugs and look to me like they are all similar burned. Here is a picture of all of the spark plugs:
    Shared album - Tim Hemmer - Google Photos

The valve seals were remanufactured when they did a magnaflux on the cylinder heads so that would rule that out in theory.
    I'm losing coolant so it's safe to say coolant is getting into the combustion area due to the white smoke. It's just weird the bubbles on revs don't make the block tester turn colors like it is pure air.
    Here is a video of the block tester during revving: Shared album - Tim Hemmer - Google Photos

Attachments are not working for me. Here are the pictures of the head/block when gasket was replaced.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BxeSt7hjJZNN2cYM6